Buying a van

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Buying a van

Post by croninburg »

Do any of you guys own or use a tour van? I've been contemplating buying one either by myself or splitting the cost between my band, so that we can get around the country.. However, I don't really know where to start (apart from ebaying transit vans). Any advice or anecdotes would be greatly appreciated :tup:
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Insurance can be pricey. How long ye been driving, and how many seats you gonna be wanting?

Also, you'd be best getting nothing smaller than a MWB as any less and you're struggling for providing seatage for everyone and enough space for shit in the back.
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

A local band that used to play here just drove a 4 door car and attached a U-Haul type of trailer they owned on the back of it.
Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

BassPhemy wrote:A local band that used to play here just drove a 4 door car and attached a U-Haul type of trailer they owned on the back of it.
Also a good idea.
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

I bought a tourvan about a year ago. It's a 1992 Chevy G20 conversion van, 7 passenger, had 85k miles on it, paid 2300 bucks for it. Not dirt cheap, but for something that we've taken out several times and lived in, it wasn't a bad deal at all. The insurance on it was cheap too, as I've got a clean driving record, and the band splits the cost of insurance and repairs between all the members.
http://www.burialwithin.com

[quote="goshuaspenis"]if 90% of all women in pubs are fugly, WHY DO YOU THINK THE WHOLE FUCKING NATION IS KNOWN AS ONE MASSIVE ALCOHOLIC KNOWN AS TEXECUTIONER THE ELECTROTESTICULAR[/quote]
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]