maximal pwntage

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
slay
kingsly

maximal pwntage

Post by slay »

7 strings are cool

this guitar is sexy
slay
kingsly

Post by slay »

things im getting used to

the thicker neck with the B (of course)
the strings are alittle on the light side for me.. i like a heavy top with a light bottom

haha shit i thought i was gonna want to downtune it.. shits heavy enough in standard.... for now :pimp:

also while playing near the 24th fret my hand is to big and rubs on the body of the guitar.. will get used to it.

i find the tone im getting in clean is alittle on the bassy side.. this guitar sounds fucking heavy
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Good aquisition. Schecter are made of win. Looks nice man
slay
kingsly

Post by slay »

thanks bro

all you guys who pointed me in the shecter direction :tup:
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Looks nice. How much?
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

nice brah
... You're killing me, Smalls.
Kellan
Lynch Mob

Post by Kellan »

Nice choice. You'll be happy with it. :tup:

I'll probably post pics of mine in this thread, later. I was asked a couple times to do it and never did.
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

that's a sexy guitar. niiiiiiiiiiiiice.
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
Kellan
Lynch Mob

Post by Kellan »

Alright Slay I'm not trying to steal your thunder or anything, but him and I have the same guitar. Pics have been requested from me to no avail until now. So here's some that do this guitar some justice:

Fuck off about my mess of wires, these pics are from June of '07 anyway.
:x
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

why did they take so long to post, then?
Kellan
Lynch Mob

Post by Kellan »

Life/being lazy.
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Nice guitar for sure. Smooth finish, simple, sensual. How much?
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Excellent choice of amp Kellan, those Fender hot rods sound amazing :tup: What's that pink pedal? Some kind of overdrive/fuzz?
Kellan
Lynch Mob

Post by Kellan »

croninburg wrote:Excellent choice of amp Kellan, those Fender hot rods sound amazing :tup: What's that pink pedal? Some kind of overdrive/fuzz?
Thanks. I love that amp. The pink pedal is a Rocktron "Zombie" Rectified Distortion for tube amps. It took me a lot of pedals to finally find the one that would sound good on that amp, but this one is the one.
That's going into a Boss CS-3 (not pictured), Boss EQ-20, and Boss NS-2 (noise gate). I should have a BBE Sonic Stomp here on Thursday.
Kellan
Lynch Mob

Post by Kellan »

weonlywonfiveone wrote:Nice guitar for sure. Smooth finish, simple, sensual. How much?
~$700 American. It's worth every penny though. I'd argue it plays better than the Jackson SL-1's I've tested out in the past. To my hands anyway. For being Korean and mass-produced, and the price; the quality is really unparalleled, in my opinion.
Tweel
I will fuck you up

Post by Tweel »

i got a buddy that works for that company, thanks for securing his employment!
Fuck Ole Miss
Big Ben
Mouth For War

Post by Big Ben »

That is fucking wonderful, and after all the time you've had it Kellan it still looks very fresh, not a fingerprint or pick-scratch on the body. Is that because it has a weird finish or because the body's material is different?

My only electric guitar is a Strat so I'm in dire need of an upgrade for Metal!! I am looking into a Schecter or Ibanez!

But first I'm looking at a Bass (heading out to Guitar Center to pick one up Saturday) and then looking at possibly a Banjo after that.

Can you point out to me some specific models to look at? I'll see if Guitar Center will have any or anything like them in stock for me to test-play a bit.
e.townconcrete wrote:who is this guy? why is he black?
EvilisthenewGood wrote:Do some research Ben before you trash Kia.
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

spector makes nice basses. they're pricy but if you've got the cash they are well worth the money
slay
kingsly

Post by slay »

Tweel wrote:i got a buddy that works for that company, thanks for securing his employment!

extra pwntage :tup:

im glad you posted more pics Kellan brah.. the metaliacious massacre must be seen by the mass.

i might start foolin with mine after my hands warm up and i get some food in my gut.

i paid 699 for mine off musiciansfriend.com and the shipping was 71 dollars.

kellan what tuning you play in mostly?
slay
kingsly

Post by slay »

I PANT3RA I wrote:That is fucking wonderful, and after all the time you've had it Kellan it still looks very fresh, not a fingerprint or pick-scratch on the body. Is that because it has a weird finish or because the body's material is different?

My only electric guitar is a Strat so I'm in dire need of an upgrade for Metal!! I am looking into a Schecter or Ibanez!

But first I'm looking at a Bass (heading out to Guitar Center to pick one up Saturday) and then looking at possibly a Banjo after that.

Can you point out to me some specific models to look at? I'll see if Guitar Center will have any or anything like them in stock for me to test-play a bit.
what do you want in the guitar? a floyd? 6 or 7 string?

i love my ibanez rg but the floyd rose has been pissing me off lately... the schecter so far... nothing but goodness :tup:
Kellan
Lynch Mob

Post by Kellan »

I usually have my shit tuned a half step down; sometimes a full step. Usually just a half step though.
slay
kingsly

Post by slay »

Kellan wrote:I usually have my shit tuned a half step down; sometimes a full step. Usually just a half step though.
right on man

i only have like 30 minutes on mine is standard... my hands are still friggen cold

compared to my RG the tone of the shecter is much more brutal.
slay
kingsly

Post by slay »

i should point out the guitar itself was crafted in korea.. i guess the box was made in LA?

korean's know their axes :tup:
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

A friend of mine has a similar LTD that's made in Indonesia, also a reasonable price with great build and finish :tup:
Big Ben
Mouth For War

Post by Big Ben »

hektik wrote:spector makes nice basses. they're pricy but if you've got the cash they are well worth the money
My buddy suggested I should look into Squire's as well. Since I'm not exactly the best bassist in the world I'm really just looking for something in the $200 or lower range, just to get the job done.

slay wrote:what do you want in the guitar? a floyd? 6 or 7 string?

i love my ibanez rg but the floyd rose has been pissing me off lately... the schecter so far... nothing but goodness :tup:
I've heard nothing but bad things aboot floyd roses so I don't think I'd like one. I've got three six-string guitars and have been playing htem for years so I think I'd like a 7-string for a change. $700 sounds a tad steep but once this year's schooling is over and I'll be working full-time for the summer I'm sure that will be nothing to me.
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

I PANT3RA I wrote:
hektik wrote:spector makes nice basses. they're pricy but if you've got the cash they are well worth the money
My buddy suggested I should look into Squire's as well. Since I'm not exactly the best bassist in the world I'm really just looking for something in the $200 or lower range, just to get the job done.

I've heard nothing but bad things aboot floyd roses so I don't think I'd like one. I've got three six-string guitars and have been playing htem for years so I think I'd like a 7-string for a change. $700 sounds a tad steep but once this year's schooling is over and I'll be working full-time for the summer I'm sure that will be nothing to me.
Get on ebay. There are always used 7s going for cheap. I bought my RG7420 on there for 390 (and that included one of these babies
Image, a Warwick flight case!)
http://www.burialwithin.com

[quote="goshuaspenis"]if 90% of all women in pubs are fugly, WHY DO YOU THINK THE WHOLE FUCKING NATION IS KNOWN AS ONE MASSIVE ALCOHOLIC KNOWN AS TEXECUTIONER THE ELECTROTESTICULAR[/quote]
slay
kingsly

Post by slay »

I PANT3RA I wrote:

well i almost went with this http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=519787

and considered another pickup for it but it wouldnt be such a bad thing to just try the stockers first.

good luck :tup:
slay
kingsly

Post by slay »

ohh and for bass my washburn ob40 seems to get the job done well.. they might be kinda hard to find cause its an oscar schmidt (done by washburn)

just look for something with two pickups.. imo

i remember paying something around 600 for mine with a peavey basspro practice amp.. i wanna say the bass was around 350 or so but i cant remember exactly.

heck also check out the ibanez models.. i owned one and rember it did the job well.
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

is it that big of a difference playing a 7 then a 6? i've played 6's for years but i want a good neck-through and i've been looking at shecters and ibanez's for a while. I have big hands already at 6'4" tall, so a larger neck i don't think would bother me that much.
[quote="Brandon"] there are weirdos on the net. [/quote]
slay
kingsly

Post by slay »

Acid Flashbakc wrote:is it that big of a difference playing a 7 then a 6? i've played 6's for years but i want a good neck-through and i've been looking at shecters and ibanez's for a while. I have big hands already at 6'4" tall, so a larger neck i don't think would bother me that much.

7 string pwntage ftdub

nigga wat!!
Big Ben
Mouth For War

Post by Big Ben »

OK I bought myself a Peavey bass for $240 (on sale from original price of $399 at Guitar Center). She's very light, too!

I PMed pics to Hektik, I dunno if it's good enough to slobber this thread up with them so I'll leave it up to him whether or not it should attempt to steal attention from your Shecter.

I also played a Schecter 7 string from the Diamond Series and it was very nice. The neck's size didn't seem as different as you made it out to be, but that might be becuase I'm used to playing my acoustic's wide-neck as it was made more for finger-picking. I really liked the feel of it so it's probably a definite purchase in the near future.
slay
kingsly

Post by slay »

post the pics man!
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

slay wrote:also while playing near the 24th fret my hand is to big and rubs on the body of the guitar.. will get used to it.
play without using your thumb in that area
[quote="Buddy"]alfie you have to believe me![/quote]
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

dude just make yer own thread fer yer bass
slay
kingsly

Post by slay »

hippy wrote:
slay wrote:also while playing near the 24th fret my hand is to big and rubs on the body of the guitar.. will get used to it.
play without using your thumb in that area

i stretch my fingers more and the thumb stays on the back of the neck
Big Ben
Mouth For War

Post by Big Ben »

I am very aware of how messy it is.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

slay, stop saying pwntage.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
slay
kingsly

Post by slay »

yes sir Dbs Sir

the body of that peavey bass is nice :tup: