who plays 7strings?

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
AoD
Mouth For War

who plays 7strings?

Post by AoD »

i just got a cheapo ibanez with an emg, its set up perfect and plays and sounds awesome. ive been tuning to drop A or F for years and its really a pain in the ass on 6strings cuz the neck cant seem to handle huge string tension and i bend the hell out of my necks all the time warping them to shit... i play sloppier on it for now because my hand is used to muting a smaller span but im sure ill get over that fast. its cool having higher highs along with the super sludge. i think im going to get smaller bottom strings and tune them WAY up for those super annoying daughters-esque chimey circus noise bullshits. wooo, guitar is fun again.
Don't quote me boy, 'cause i ain't said shit.
-Will-
I will fuck you up

Post by -Will- »

I always wanted to mess around on a seven string, but I've got tiny little girl hands, so I don't know if I could get used to the neck.
[quote="Garlic"]I really do enhance meals.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]People have said I look like Stewart Stevenson on Beavis and Butthead[/quote]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHD4bcZWZdc
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

My only guitar is a seven-string. I leave it in standard tuning. I play it clean, fingerstyle most of the time.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

do you do lots of meth and coke when you play it clean, fingerstyle most of the time?
Don't quote me boy, 'cause i ain't said shit.
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

AoD wrote:do you do lots of meth and coke when you play it clean, fingerstyle most of the time?
No, but I have a wicked beef jerky addiction.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

I have a 7 string Schecter, and I'm selling it.

It was fun for me to play on for a while but eventually I just got sick of the guitar's tone and feel, and realized that I don't even need or want 7 strings.
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

*raises hand*

Made the switch about a year ago and I love it. Main axe is an Ibanez RG7420 w/ an Air Norton 7 in the neck. Bought a backup LTD M207 for cheap, though I have to work on it a little bit as it has some sort of grounding issue.
http://www.burialwithin.com

[quote="goshuaspenis"]if 90% of all women in pubs are fugly, WHY DO YOU THINK THE WHOLE FUCKING NATION IS KNOWN AS ONE MASSIVE ALCOHOLIC KNOWN AS TEXECUTIONER THE ELECTROTESTICULAR[/quote]
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

I had one about a year ago, but I sucked at it and I couldn't get the right sound from it (It was a cheap Ibanez one) and yeh... sold it off for a small profit :tup: