Digitech GNX4

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Phantom Green
Knock Knock

Digitech GNX4

Post by Phantom Green »

Ok, so I was curious as to whether or not anyone has one of these. I want to get one. They are fairly inexpensive, have built in 8-track recording, pro-tracks plus software for editing, a lot of effects, and instant recording transferrable by flash memory I think.

http://www.digitech.com/products/gnx4.htm
"Shoot him again, his soul's still dancing."

[quote="Wez"]Making love is for faggots![/quote]
washburnML
I will fuck you up

Post by washburnML »

yes, good pedal you should get it.
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

i'm not a fan of them... my friend had 3 of them i think and each one broke
[quote="Brandon"] there are weirdos on the net. [/quote]
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

They sound digital, any way you cut it.
Cleans arent bad, But dirtys sound like whores ass.
RandomRussianDude
Vodkaholic

Post by RandomRussianDude »

i have this. it kept me happy for a long time. very good at reproducing guitar tones of famous musicians :tup:
Bodom J wrote:I've shit my pants twice :tup:
Tyson wrote:i just shat myself twice... i typed this sitting in liqued shit
Phantom Green
Knock Knock

Post by Phantom Green »

How is the recording function? Any good?

RandomRussianDude
Vodkaholic

Post by RandomRussianDude »

Phantom Green wrote:How is the recording function? Any good?
yeah, i liked it. great for instant double-tracking. the sound quality is clean and although i haven't used it for recording that much, the demos are easy to throw together. there are so many functions on that thing, i don't think i've used them all yet. overall, great value :tup: :tup:
Bodom J wrote:I've shit my pants twice :tup:
Tyson wrote:i just shat myself twice... i typed this sitting in liqued shit
SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

Post by SuicideNote »

I have compared the GNX4 to the Line 6 PodXT and I ended up buying the PodXT. I have both the PodXT and the XT Live. They both rule compared to the GNX4.
[quote]What it's fair to say is that there is a significant number of young Australian males whose first glimpse of the sexualized female is her engaging in graphic, maybe even violent, hardcore sex.[/quote]
SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

Post by SuicideNote »

Back in the late 90s, I used a Digitech RP7 which was awesome and so ahead of its time. But the digital effects, delays, choruses and reverbs haven't improved much since then in Digitech products.
[quote]What it's fair to say is that there is a significant number of young Australian males whose first glimpse of the sexualized female is her engaging in graphic, maybe even violent, hardcore sex.[/quote]
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

I got a cheap little Digitech RP80 just to have a multi pedal to kick around and practice through and I was actually a little surprised by it. It's not loaded with shit by any means but it's a cool little box for an extremely low price.

That said, I was against Digitech 100% until I tried out the RP80 and bought it. A month ago I would have said "Fuck a Digitech, get a Boss" but now...

If you want a toy that sounds OK and is good to practice with, Digitech is great. If you want something that you'll need to have a really good sound as in playing live or serious studio work, you might want to shop around a bit more. Check out the Korg multi effects units too... I dig them a lot.
Ezekiel 23:20
Phantom Green
Knock Knock

Post by Phantom Green »

The Doctor wrote:I got a cheap little Digitech RP80 just to have a multi pedal to kick around and practice through and I was actually a little surprised by it. It's not loaded with shit by any means but it's a cool little box for an extremely low price.

That said, I was against Digitech 100% until I tried out the RP80 and bought it. A month ago I would have said "Fuck a Digitech, get a Boss" but now...

If you want a toy that sounds OK and is good to practice with, Digitech is great. If you want something that you'll need to have a really good sound as in playing live or serious studio work, you might want to shop around a bit more. Check out the Korg multi effects units too... I dig them a lot.
I had a Korg Pandora just to mess around with for a while. That thing was awesome. It's about as big as a cigarette pack but has drum tracks, and a decent amount of effects for its size. Not very durable, so you have to be careful with it, though. A friend of mine said he would use one at shows, and had put a velcro pad on the back of the pandora, and on the guitar and it would just stick there. I think I will get the GNX4 just to see how good it is. Worst case scenario, I sell it back on Ebay and get something else.

croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

I got a Korg AX1500g because I needed to start practicing/gigging with my band, and it has a tuner as well as pretty much any effect you could imagine, for a reasonable price. It seriously degrades your signal, the amp models aren't great, the overdrive is abysmal and the distortion is average at best. However, all the delay/modulation effects are pretty cool - I used the echo/phase setting for my band's demo and I still use it as a floor tuner and for glitchy electronic sounds in a sort of freak out in our set :tup:
FatRufusFucksYou
Hail Dimebag

Post by FatRufusFucksYou »

I've only really used Boss pedals, besides a Vox wah and a synth whose brand name escapes me.
But not really.
ChuckoY
Creampuff

eVeRyBoDy

Post by ChuckoY »

hi!
does any body knows what gadget dimebag is using for his great sqealing effect?

thanxah'
[/b]
mo0sE
Lynch Mob

Re: eVeRyBoDy

Post by mo0sE »

ChuckoY wrote:hi!

thanxah'
[/b]
madskillz
If you're reading this, you're stupid
Phantom Green
Knock Knock

Re: eVeRyBoDy

Post by Phantom Green »

ChuckoY wrote:hi!

thanxah'
[/b]
Dimebag isn't using anything, because he's dead you idiot.

Top Dollar
I will fuck you up

Post by Top Dollar »

I was going to make a thread about this. I wonder if it makes any different to which brand you buy to complement the amp & guitar you use? Yes I'm fairly new as far as gadgets goes. I have my Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Line 6 Spider II amp, so I took a look at that Line 6 one that was mentioned earlier. Look incredible, but it's very pricey. Basically what I'm going for is quality in product & sound, most bang for my buck. A nice wah pedal, & channels I can use to change my sound when playing live (to step on). Then again, I'd like a product I know I'd be using more of it's features as I get more familiar with this stuff, to avoid buying something, mastering it & when to take my playing/experimentation further, I'm stuck with it's limited use. I'm suffering from the blahs now. Gimme the 411, cause I'm ready to inve$t.