My Gear - Updated

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

My Gear - Updated

Post by whitemike »

I got the Mesa 2x12 and hooked it up. Sounds very rad

hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

nice guitfiddle, dude
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Cheers bigears
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

i don't have big ears you dolt.
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Proof?
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

the proof is in the pudding
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

:tup: Pudding
washburnML
I will fuck you up

Re: My Gear - Updated

Post by washburnML »

weonlywonfiveone wrote:I got the Mesa 2x12 and hooked it up. Sounds very rad

fuckin' sweet :tup:
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

:tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: at an EQ with scooped mids
http://www.burialwithin.com

[quote="goshuaspenis"]if 90% of all women in pubs are fugly, WHY DO YOU THINK THE WHOLE FUCKING NATION IS KNOWN AS ONE MASSIVE ALCOHOLIC KNOWN AS TEXECUTIONER THE ELECTROTESTICULAR[/quote]
DeathSion
Cowboy From Hell

Post by DeathSion »

guitar..mids..? if you add mids where does the chug come from? lol

I need to get myself a nice practice set-up..it sucks moving my main rig. I was thinking of a 5150combo..or a mesa roadster combo.

Nice mesa cab though :tup:
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

DeathSion wrote:guitar..mids..? if you add mids where does the chug come from? lol
You're retarded if you're not being sarcastic.
axlash wrote:black people kind of like me.
Mad Muir wrote:that would be awesome if the dog took a shit but the condom was stuck to its butthole lips and it blew a big 'ol turd balloon
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Looks nice :tup:

While we're showing off, I currently play a Japanese tele through a Tubescreamer, Big muff Pi, Small Stone phaser and Boss DD6 delay into a '60s/'70s AC30 :|): :tup:
DeathSion
Cowboy From Hell

Post by DeathSion »

Muffin wrote:
DeathSion wrote:guitar..mids..? if you add mids where does the chug come from? lol
Yeah..i'm serious. How does that make me retarded? lol
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

Muffin wrote:
rich ward have best chug lol
Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
DeathSion
Cowboy From Hell

Post by DeathSion »

gain 11..bass 11..mids -5 treble 11
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

I'm not even going to explain why that is stupid.

My gear sucks for metal right now, I'm playing my Parker through a shitty DOD rackmount EQ, into a busted BOSS Super overdrive that only works if I turn it upside down, or into a really old BOSS compressor\sustainer, but only one or the other because I don't have enough cable to run both (would sound like shit anyways) into a 100 Watt Solid State Carvin. The clean channel is great, but as far as distortion goes, I sound like ass. Rich Ward best tone pluggd in to marshall not even best tone wah wah pedal lol
axlash wrote:black people kind of like me.
Mad Muir wrote:that would be awesome if the dog took a shit but the condom was stuck to its butthole lips and it blew a big 'ol turd balloon
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Ben wrote::tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: at an EQ with scooped mids
The reason I have them scooped on my pedal is of because the settings I have on my preamps EQ in the combo. This is set to make up for the lack of mids in the initial scoop - Only because for some reason my setup works / sounds better overall than doing it the other way round.

I've spent alot of time figuring out how to produce the best sound out of my little combo.

If you look on the settings for my combo it's pretty much Bass - 10, Mids - 8, Treble - 10.

Also, the pedal, while it is scooped, is not a full sweep. It's basically half, half, zero, zero, zero, zero, half, half.
croninburg wrote:Looks nice :tup:

While we're showing off, I currently play a Japanese tele through a Tubescreamer, Big muff Pi, Small Stone phaser and Boss DD6 delay into a '60s/'70s AC30 :|): :tup:

Vintage AC30 :tup: :tup: Love those. Good call :D
DeathSion
Cowboy From Hell

Post by DeathSion »

Muffin wrote:I'm not even going to explain why that is stupid.

My gear sucks for metal right now, I'm playing my Parker through a shitty DOD rackmount EQ, into a busted BOSS Super overdrive that only works if I turn it upside down, or into a really old BOSS compressor\sustainer, but only one or the other because I don't have enough cable to run both (would sound like shit anyways) into a 100 Watt Solid State Carvin. The clean channel is great, but as far as distortion goes, I sound like ass. Rich Ward best tone pluggd in to marshall not even best tone wah wah pedal lol
Wow.
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

My setup lately has been

My Jackson Kelly-Rhoads or my Gibson V--->mxr smartgate-->boss delay-->boss distortion (which I barely use)-->Peavey 5150. Simple as fuck but I can do pretty much all I need to.
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

Muffin wrote:I'm not even going to explain why that is stupid.

He's joking. 11? Come on dude.

[quote="goshuaspenis"]if 90% of all women in pubs are fugly, WHY DO YOU THINK THE WHOLE FUCKING NATION IS KNOWN AS ONE MASSIVE ALCOHOLIC KNOWN AS TEXECUTIONER THE ELECTROTESTICULAR[/quote]
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

warhead dime wrote:My setup lately has been

My Jackson Kelly-Rhoads or my Gibson V--->mxr smartgate-->boss delay-->boss distortion (which I barely use)-->Peavey 5150. Simple as fuck but I can do pretty much all I need to.
Distortion pedal? I'm all for putting an overdrive in front of the amp to drive those tubes harder, but unless you're doing it just for some weird hyper distortion effect...why?

CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

Post by CFH Eternal »

DeathSion wrote:gain 11..bass 11..mids -5 treble 11
Disgusting EQ.
[quote="Cheyenne Fucking Buffet"]This one's called Enter Sandman, maybe you've heard of it."[/quote]
DeathSion
Cowboy From Hell

Post by DeathSion »

that's how my guitar teacher told me to set it up!
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

I think you'll find, if you just try it, that a little bit of mid actually rounds your sound out a little more. Not a lot of a boost mind you, just enough to make your sound louder.

Give it a shot... trust me. :tup:
Ezekiel 23:20
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

The Doctor wrote:I think you'll find, if you just try it, that a little bit of mid actually rounds your sound out a little more. Not a lot of a boost mind you, just enough to make your sound louder.

Give it a shot... trust me. :tup:
Mids are a guitarist's best friend.

DeathSion
Cowboy From Hell

Post by DeathSion »

no..treble bass and gain.
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

DeathSion wrote:no..treble bass and gain.
Har har.

Deleted User #4
Trendkiller

Post by Deleted User #4 »

drop the bullshit wannabe guitar and grab a 76 les paul gibson.
Deleted User #4
Trendkiller

hailtothefro wrote:http://youtube.com/watch?v=6EavxWQ-dbY

Rich Ward's tone^ is the best listen from his 1976 les paul gibson he sold it :( owell still wont sound same without his hands touching it lol, its mostly in the hands. the video is a short soundcheck goddamn i wish i could get rich ward to fuckin solo/shred on a video and record it that one clip isnt him trying to play shit, but HIS TONE=FUCKIN AMAZING SOUNDS LIKE A MUSSCLE CAR ENGINE OR TOP FUEL DRAGSTER 18 SECONDS IN CLIP LISTEN.

if rich ward was trying to show off in the video he could of done some badass shit.
i will be sure to record him soloing next time i see stuck mojo.
Deleted User #4
Trendkiller

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hYwqGOkRlCY

Steve vai trying^^ and sucks ward messing around sounds better :lol:
Overkill
I will fuck you up

Post by Overkill »

hailtothefro wrote:http://youtube.com/watch?v=hYwqGOkRlCY

Steve vai trying^^ and sucks ward messing around sounds better :lol:
So you're saying Rich Ward is a better guitarist than Steve Vai? :lol:
[quote="Maelstrom"]The only thing kids are good for is sex and I wouldn't fuck my own chilren. I'm not THAT perverted.[/quote]
Overkill
I will fuck you up

Post by Overkill »

Give me a youtube link where Rich Ward shows off his guitar skilllzzzz
[quote="Maelstrom"]The only thing kids are good for is sex and I wouldn't fuck my own chilren. I'm not THAT perverted.[/quote]
13steps
I will fuck you up

Post by 13steps »

Overkill wrote:Give me a youtube link where Rich Ward shows off his guitar skilllzzzz
man just stop encouraging him. everyone here knows rich wards is a hack except for him so what's the point
[quote="PhilCore"]er du behövande en rum - kompis? :)[/quote]
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

Ben wrote:
warhead dime wrote:My setup lately has been

Distortion pedal? I'm all for putting an overdrive in front of the amp to drive those tubes harder, but unless you're doing it just for some weird hyper distortion effect...why?
I just use it to boost leads, and I don't put that much of a boost. I never use it for rhythm either. Also since I don't have my delay through the effects loop (the effects loop doesn't work and I've tried it a million times), I have to run the delay through the front and it distorts the tone so I usually just use it for clean. But I can get a smooth and kind of quiet lead tone by using that distortion pedal and the delay on clean, it's just an option that I've found but don't use much.
Lando Griffin
Hail Dimebag

Post by Lando Griffin »

How do you like the valveking, bra? I have the head version going into a carvin 2X12 cab. It sounds great, I would just like an extra notch of distortion for solos though, but for the price, the amp is siiiick.
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

The valveking is nice. The cleans are superb, I amn't a mjor fan of it's own distortion, but the EQ is great. I run my effects into the clean channel and run my own distortion from a pedal, and I have a looper switch to bypass the distortion and leave it totally clean which is great.

It's a brilliant amp, probably the best combo I've had - And I prefer it for versatility and management over my old JCM800 setup.
The Fear
Obsessed

Post by The Fear »

Top Gear > your gear.
down ass chic wrote:takes one to noone SLUT!
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Very true :tup:
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

Is that a bottle of piss?

Mid Scooping = Retarded
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

I'm not sure you actually know anything about gear or guitar Wrona. You're just kind of a majority rules so I'll go with it type of guy.
Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement