Interesting standard D bands

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
-Dimebag-
Cowboy From Hell

Interesting standard D bands

Post by -Dimebag- »

im looking for bands that tune in standard D to Jam along to their tunes
like death lamb of god o a life once lost
For a rotten soul, Death is the most prestigious destination
Three Second Doom
Hail Dimebag

Post by Three Second Doom »

Gojira. :aargh:
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

Three Second Doom wrote:Gojira. :aargh:

:tup: my friends got the whale tatoo'd on his arm. such a fucking amazing band, specially to jam to
[quote="Brandon"] there are weirdos on the net. [/quote]
Gnarkiller
Trendkiller

Post by Gnarkiller »

as in DROP D u mean?
[quote="STEVE COFFEY"] SYCROTES FACT #285: I like gettin' fucked[/quote]
Maelstrom
Bukkake Master

Post by Maelstrom »

Rage Against The Machine

I wish Gojira would play in my country :|
Kevin James derp de derp. Derp de derpity derpee derp. Until one day aderp aderp aderp. Derp de derp, ta teetley tum. From the creators of Der, and Tum Ta Tittaly Tum Ta Too, Kevin James is Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb. Rated PG-13.
washburnML
I will fuck you up

Post by washburnML »

i cant wait, i get to see behemoth and gojira live on November 10th. i guess the only catch is job for a cowboy is touring with them but i guess they're ok.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Gnarkiller wrote:as in DROP D u mean?
I assume he means DGCFAd, but you could still jam to this in drop D or standard tuning..
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

croninburg wrote:
Gnarkiller wrote:as in DROP D u mean?
I assume he means DGCFAd, but you could still jam to this in drop D or standard tuning..
well he mentioned LoG and they play in Drop D but i think Gojira tune down.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
-Dimebag-
Cowboy From Hell

Post by -Dimebag- »

when I play LoG I tunes in standard D cause sometimes they play in this weird DADGBD tuning wich is basically double drop D (upper and lower strings downtuned)
-Dimebag-
Cowboy From Hell

Post by -Dimebag- »

btw , by standard tuning I mean Eadgbe, so in D it's DGCFAD. or else it would be drop D (Dadgbe)
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

-Dimebag- wrote:when I play LoG I tunes in standard D cause sometimes they play in this weird DADGBD tuning wich is basically double drop D (upper and lower strings downtuned)
the only song i can think of that they do that is 'as the palaces burn.' but its possible that they do this and if they do its much easier just to tune down the Es instead of the whole guitar. LoG songs are easy to play in drop D.
cottonmouth
I will fuck you up

Post by cottonmouth »

I play lamb of god songs quite a bit because i think its great practice. All i can think of is in the normal drop d tuning though.
Metal66
Trendkiller

Post by Metal66 »

Mastodon uses D I think.
[quote="Avulsed"]Some white girl I met in summer school said she got pregnant from a black man so she threw herself down the stairs twice.[/quote]
Gnarkiller
Trendkiller

Post by Gnarkiller »

Metal66 wrote:Mastodon uses D I think.
chya n'bodom
MÖTLEYCRÜE666
Cowboy From Hell

Post by MÖTLEYCRÃœE666 »

yea, log and gojira are great.
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

As well as a tuning wherein they detune the whole guitar 1 step and the drop the low string to match the A @ the 2nd fret (normally a low B, but with the additional detuning, it's a low A).
http://www.burialwithin.com

[quote="goshuaspenis"]if 90% of all women in pubs are fugly, WHY DO YOU THINK THE WHOLE FUCKING NATION IS KNOWN AS ONE MASSIVE ALCOHOLIC KNOWN AS TEXECUTIONER THE ELECTROTESTICULAR[/quote]
-Dimebag-
Cowboy From Hell

Post by -Dimebag- »

DBS wrote:
-Dimebag- wrote:when I play LoG I tunes in standard D cause sometimes they play in this weird DADGBD tuning wich is basically double drop D (upper and lower strings downtuned)
the only song i can think of that they do that is 'as the palaces burn.' but its possible that they do this and if they do its much easier just to tune down the Es instead of the whole guitar. LoG songs are easy to play in drop D.
Well that was the info I got from the Vulgar display of power section in some guitar world... he uses at least one guitar with this tuning... ueah I just looked at it... it's either Drop-D or Double drop-D... no mention of the tunes he uses it on though...Guitar World April 2005, The super guitarists issue, with Vai, Wylde and Laiho for the info
-Dimebag-
Cowboy From Hell

Post by -Dimebag- »

I fuckin' love Mastodon, Blood Mountain is a fuckin' classic to me... even if recent , they put an effot into sounding classic on that album, I pretty much think they succeeded at it...
Biggest disappointment of the year: LoG's Sacrament... When I saw the purple on the cover I immediately knew it was the same than on Sabbath's Master Of Reality so I knew the album would be shit... The feeling I got I would compare to the feeling early 90's metalheads must have felt when the black album came out... though this feeling may be amplified by the fact that AotW was an almost perfect album... it's almost ...almost... the master of puppets of the decade i think
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

death :lol:
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

-Dimebag- wrote:
I fuckin' love Mastodon, Blood Mountain is a fuckin' classic to me... even if recent , they put an effot into sounding classic on that album, I pretty much think they succeeded at it...
Biggest disappointment of the year: LoG's Sacrament... When I saw the purple on the cover I immediately knew it was the same than on Sabbath's Master Of Reality so I knew the album would be shit... The feeling I got I would compare to the feeling early 90's metalheads must have felt when the black album came out... though this feeling may be amplified by the fact that AotW was an almost perfect album... it's almost ...almost... the master of puppets of the decade i think
LoG = overrated commercial bullshit.

[quote="goshuaspenis"]if 90% of all women in pubs are fugly, WHY DO YOU THINK THE WHOLE FUCKING NATION IS KNOWN AS ONE MASSIVE ALCOHOLIC KNOWN AS TEXECUTIONER THE ELECTROTESTICULAR[/quote]
-Dimebag-
Cowboy From Hell

Post by -Dimebag- »

hektik wrote:death :lol:
? :roll:
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

-Dimebag- wrote:
tune to D you dumb fuck.
-Dimebag-
Cowboy From Hell

Post by -Dimebag- »

Ben wrote:
-Dimebag- wrote:
they became sell-outs on sacrament... the album sounds like label pressure bullshit
-Dimebag-
Cowboy From Hell

Post by -Dimebag- »

hektik wrote:
-Dimebag- wrote:
tune to D you dumb fuck.
yeah well if you could read youd have seen i asked for standard D bands wich is exactly what death are tuned in, i mentionned them in my first post... be attentive before speaking shit and making me lose more time :aargh:
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

-Dimebag- wrote:
hektik wrote:
-Dimebag- wrote:
tune to D you dumb fuck.
yeah well if you could read youd have seen i asked for standard D bands wich is exactly what death are tuned in, i mentionned them in my first post... be attentive before speaking shit and making me lose more time :aargh:
you also mentioned lamb of god which proves you don't know what the fuck you are talking about, vato.
-Dimebag-
Cowboy From Hell

Post by -Dimebag- »

an open mind doesn't seem to be what yours is, really...
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

-Dimebag- wrote:an open mind doesn't seem to be what yours is, really...
ok yoda.
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

I hate every post in this thread. Including this one.
axlash wrote:black people kind of like me.
Mad Muir wrote:that would be awesome if the dog took a shit but the condom was stuck to its butthole lips and it blew a big 'ol turd balloon
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

-Dimebag- wrote:
Ben wrote:
-Dimebag- wrote:
they became sell-outs on sacrament... the album sounds like label pressure bullshit
No, they've always been overrated. They've been going in a consistently more and more mainstream direction ever since they blew up after NAG.

Gnarkiller
Trendkiller

Post by Gnarkiller »

Ben wrote:
-Dimebag- wrote:
Ben wrote:
-Dimebag- wrote:
No, they've always been overrated. They've been going in a consistently more and more mainstream direction ever since they blew up after NAG.
ok so just because ashes was big and popular makes it shitty? :tdown:
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

Ben wrote:No, they've always been overrated. They've been going in a consistently more and more mainstream direction ever since they blew up after NAG.
overrated? yes. i wouldn't agree that the music has suffered since new american gospel. as the palaces burn was more mainstream (not radio rock but accessible) but a more solid metal album imo. i wouldn't judge them by their popularity though, i just think they're a solid band. good thing about them being in the public eye is they get to come over to britain which is win for me.
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

DBS wrote:
Ben wrote:No, they've always been overrated. They've been going in a consistently more and more mainstream direction ever since they blew up after NAG.
overrated? yes. i wouldn't agree that the music has suffered since new american gospel. as the palaces burn was more mainstream (not radio rock but accessible) but a more solid metal album imo. i wouldn't judge them by their popularity though, i just think they're a solid band. good thing about them being in the public eye is they get to come over to britain which is win for me.
I didn't say anything about suffering. I said they've gone consistently more and more mainstream, which is absolutely true. Now, it's my opinion that they've been writing the same riffs for the last three albums and that Randy Blythe has one of the worst voices ever, but that's not what I was addressing.

MÖTLEYCRÜE666
Cowboy From Hell

Post by MÖTLEYCRÃœE666 »

Gnarkiller wrote:
Ben wrote:
-Dimebag- wrote:
Ben wrote:
-Dimebag- wrote:
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

MÖTLEYCRÜE666 wrote:
Gnarkiller wrote:
Ben wrote:
-Dimebag- wrote:
Ben wrote:
-Dimebag- wrote:
No, I'd say that is because it was easy-to-consume, contrived mall metal.

Kellan
Lynch Mob

Post by Kellan »

I've always thought they were :zzz: personally
Gnarkiller
Trendkiller

Post by Gnarkiller »

Ben wrote:
MÖTLEYCRÜE666 wrote:
Gnarkiller wrote:
Ben wrote:
-Dimebag- wrote:
Ben wrote:
-Dimebag- wrote:
ok just for the hell of it... name me 5 good bands that u like
CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

Post by CFH Eternal »

Weedeater
[quote="Cheyenne Fucking Buffet"]This one's called Enter Sandman, maybe you've heard of it."[/quote]
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

Gnarkiller wrote:
Ben wrote:
MÖTLEYCRÜE666 wrote:
Gnarkiller wrote:
Ben wrote:
-Dimebag- wrote:
Ben wrote:
-Dimebag- wrote:
In Metal?

Misery Index
Soilent Green
Meshuggah
Morbid Angel
Weakling

Gnarkiller
Trendkiller

Post by Gnarkiller »

Ben wrote:
Gnarkiller wrote:
Ben wrote:
MÖTLEYCRÜE666 wrote:
Gnarkiller wrote:
Ben wrote:
-Dimebag- wrote:
Ben wrote:
-Dimebag- wrote:
In Metal?

Misery Index
Soilent Green
Meshuggah
Morbid Angel
Weakling
yeah... ok. well.... YOUR the weakling
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

what about his the weakling? You make no sense