digital "artificial analog" recording?

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Brandon
filthy degenerate

digital "artificial analog" recording?

Post by Brandon »

is there such a thing?
rObsessed!
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Presumably that's just digital recording? I know that some people master digitally recorded stuff with analog equipment, or run a final mix through an all valve preamp, which is supposed to impart that old sort of sound to a recording. Why do you ask?
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

Why do all of Brandons posts have to do with anal.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

Post by SuicideNote »

There are hundreds of ways to inject analog recording qualities into digital tracks. You can also record digitally through analog gear or mix your digital recordings through an analog console. Essentially you are adding subtle amounts of varying types of distortion by using analog gear.

Next....
[quote]What it's fair to say is that there is a significant number of young Australian males whose first glimpse of the sexualized female is her engaging in graphic, maybe even violent, hardcore sex.[/quote]
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

Truly and literally? No. There's Analog, Digital, and Emulated Analog. You may be thinking of Analog Emulation.
Ezekiel 23:20