Ben

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
7Dime7MetalMassacre
I will fuck you up

Ben

Post by 7Dime7MetalMassacre »

I checked out your recordings on myspace and was wondering how you record your guitar parts using the XXX head in the studio. Do you mic the cabs, run direct or go thru some sort of preamp? I tried to go thru my head direct before and it sounded too thin and digital. I then tried to just mic the cab and it sounded alright, but not as bassy as it should have. Was just wondering how you recorded using the head.
Suck me
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

7Dime7MetalMassacre
I will fuck you up

Post by 7Dime7MetalMassacre »

croninburg wrote:Image
forgot about it, my bad
Suck me
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

We mic'ed the cab. Put it and the cab in an isolation booth with a nice mic slightly at an angle on one of my speakers (don't ask me what kind of mic, I have no clue what all the guy had in his arsenal!) and ran with it.

My advice - never run directly out of the head unless you're going for some sort of weird tone. It's one thing if you have a POD or something that you want to go direct from, but when you're working with a tube amplifier, plug it into a good cab and mic that fucker!
http://www.burialwithin.com

[quote="goshuaspenis"]if 90% of all women in pubs are fugly, WHY DO YOU THINK THE WHOLE FUCKING NATION IS KNOWN AS ONE MASSIVE ALCOHOLIC KNOWN AS TEXECUTIONER THE ELECTROTESTICULAR[/quote]