Marshall JVM410H vs Randall RM100M1

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Sam
Mouth For War

Marshall JVM410H vs Randall RM100M1

Post by Sam »

How's the Marshall head sound compared to a Randall? Both tube, both 100-W. Only couple hundred in price difference.

Gor-Gor
Tyrant-King

Post by Gor-Gor »

id get the randall because IMO Marshall just doesnt have a good tone to my ears.
[quote="IFryKids"]I bet you were drunk on maple syrup and powdered donuts, you sloppy piece of shit.[/quote]
[quote="DBS"]shut the fuck up you greasy disaster.[/quote]
Sam
Mouth For War

Post by Sam »

I remember when threads in this forum used to get 10 replies within the hour. This is BULLSHIT
Sam
Mouth For War

Post by Sam »

Gor-Gor wrote:id get the randall because IMO Marshall just doesnt have a good tone to my ears.
That's how I would like to lean with it rock with it, but that jus isn't enough yA Know
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

I'd get the marshall, higher resale value.
Sam
Mouth For War

Post by Sam »

I don't want to go and test 'em out in Guitar Center or Samash cause I suck on guitar and would just chug on E in front of everyone at the store. Plus I used to work there so they'll be like he still sucks, whys he buyin this shit.
washburnML
I will fuck you up

Post by washburnML »

Gor-Gor wrote:id get the randall because IMO Marshall just doesnt have a good tone to my ears.
dan
Mouth For War

Post by dan »

Sam wrote: Plus I used to work there so they'll be like he still sucks, whys he buyin this shit.
:lol:
[quote="richard"]i felt i was on the earth exept it was a woman[/quote]
nick8012
Creampuff

Post by nick8012 »

marshall rules!!! :tup:
metal up your ass!!!
Sam
Mouth For War

Post by Sam »

Yeah right like I'm gonna take your advice, get the fuck outta here um how do u plug a wah in
CoercedCoexistence
Lynch Mob

Post by CoercedCoexistence »

marrrshalllllll
[quote="Jericho"]definitely not a favorite but Kid Rock's American Badass is good.[/quote]
Henkka
I will fuck you up

Post by Henkka »

Sam wrote:Yeah right like I'm gonna take your advice, get the fuck outta here um how do u plug a wah in
Uhm... Guitar -> Wah -> Amp?? :| :?
[quote="hektik"]"I viewed this whole topic with my husband :lol: "
I wonder if they made voices for each username. :fu:[/quote]
washburnML
I will fuck you up

Post by washburnML »

If you are playing metal guitar, use the randall because the marshall has a more like classic rock tone. The marshall tone just doesn't have a soul, way to bland.
7Dime7MetalMassacre
I will fuck you up

Post by 7Dime7MetalMassacre »

Sam wrote:Yeah right like I'm gonna take your advice, get the fuck outta here um how do u plug a wah in
LOL
Suck me
5axisOfEvil
I will fuck you up

Post by 5axisOfEvil »

I want the Randall. The hot swappable preamp modules are the fuckin shit.
The "Mr. Scarey" nails Lynch Dokken tone to a Tee! :tup:
Save the whales. Collect the whole set.
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

Marshall.
http://www.burialwithin.com

[quote="goshuaspenis"]if 90% of all women in pubs are fugly, WHY DO YOU THINK THE WHOLE FUCKING NATION IS KNOWN AS ONE MASSIVE ALCOHOLIC KNOWN AS TEXECUTIONER THE ELECTROTESTICULAR[/quote]
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Unless you're in a band playing massive venues, there's really no need for a 100 watt head. Even if you're playing stadiums you don't need something that big because everyone gets miced into the PA anyway. Why not get something smaller that you can actually drive without generating so much volume that your neighbors call the police? Try some combos!
7Dime7MetalMassacre
I will fuck you up

Post by 7Dime7MetalMassacre »

croninburg wrote:Unless you're in a band playing massive venues, there's really no need for a 100 watt head. Even if you're playing stadiums you don't need something that big because everyone gets miced into the PA anyway. Why not get something smaller that you can actually drive without generating so much volume that your neighbors call the police? Try some combos!
This is True ^

I have always thought that low end marshalls suck and the high end ones are alright. High end randalls such as the one listed above sound fucking great in my opinion. I have a randall RH200, a pretty low end randall, but even that amp sounds pretty good streight out of the box with a 10 band on it.
Suck me
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

I had a Randall RH200 a couple years ago, did you ever have a problem with it when you have it turned up halfway or above? What happened with mine was if I had it loud for too long it would get really hot (even though its solid state) and it would make this rhythmic popping noise, like a helicopter. Annoying as shit so I sold it to someone for 400 dollars.
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

croninburg wrote:Unless you're in a band playing massive venues, there's really no need for a 100 watt head. Even if you're playing stadiums you don't need something that big because everyone gets miced into the PA anyway. Why not get something smaller that you can actually drive without generating so much volume that your neighbors call the police? Try some combos!
Not completely true.

I play in a death metal band who tours. Most venues that unsigned metal bands get to play don't have PAs that allow for micing of guitar amps, and those that do typically have soundmen that have no clue what they're doing. In my band, both I and the other guitarist both play 100 watt halfstacks because of this. The same is true for most other unsigned/lesser-known metal bands.
http://www.burialwithin.com

[quote="goshuaspenis"]if 90% of all women in pubs are fugly, WHY DO YOU THINK THE WHOLE FUCKING NATION IS KNOWN AS ONE MASSIVE ALCOHOLIC KNOWN AS TEXECUTIONER THE ELECTROTESTICULAR[/quote]
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Ben wrote:
Not completely true.

I play in a death metal band who tours. Most venues that unsigned metal bands get to play don't have PAs that allow for micing of guitar amps, and those that do typically have soundmen that have no clue what they're doing. In my band, both I and the other guitarist both play 100 watt halfstacks because of this. The same is true for most other unsigned/lesser-known metal bands.
Fair enough.
Gor-Gor
Tyrant-King

Post by Gor-Gor »

Ben wrote:
Not completely true.

[quote="IFryKids"]I bet you were drunk on maple syrup and powdered donuts, you sloppy piece of shit.[/quote]
[quote="DBS"]shut the fuck up you greasy disaster.[/quote]
SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

Post by SuicideNote »

Randall amps are brought up on this forum 1000x more often than any other board out there. Not surprisingly though.
[quote]What it's fair to say is that there is a significant number of young Australian males whose first glimpse of the sexualized female is her engaging in graphic, maybe even violent, hardcore sex.[/quote]
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

Randall all the way in my opinion. I never liked the way marshalls sounded.