Floyd Rose Problems.

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Shred-Dimebag
I will fuck you up

Floyd Rose Problems.

Post by Shred-Dimebag »

So i got the razorback. what's wrong? The whammy comes out it seems as iff the plastic piece thats attached to it doesnt do its job very good. so i usually just slide it in and do different heights (if u push the bar too much through when having both out, it wont go in,) sometimes i find a sweet spot and it wont jiggle out (i beat the shit out of the whammy) Ill buy one that screws in possibly although the bar is pretty sweet.

Second: doing crickets...(if u know what that means) with the bar seems to shake the piece that holds the whammy bar loose. (it can move side to side a bit) so i busted my ass for an hour tightening it and finding what the problem is and now hopefully its fixed.

third. within the first day. this tiny ass screw like doesnt even have a head on it falls out of the piece that holds the whammy bar (possibly te plastic piece too) but its so small i cant put it back in/it wud probably just fall out again anyways.

And the tuning problem? hell no. this thing is solid. I do drop d tuning and can tuen it back up to standard without any problems at all. unbelievable.

ever have these problems?/know what to do?
you know sometimes i wonder..
Gnarkiller
Trendkiller

Post by Gnarkiller »

u made the mistake of buying a gay razorback
[quote="STEVE COFFEY"] SYCROTES FACT #285: I like gettin' fucked[/quote]
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

i was having problems with mine too. the whammy bar kept loosening off of the the mount on the floyd rose itself, plus the mount kept loosening too. what i did was i put a little piece of tape on the threads of both and tightened the shit out of them. wont come loose now
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Floyd Rose trems are a fucking nightmare :lol:
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

Not really. I don't have any problems with mine, ever.
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Mine is fine, never have trouble with it. Ibanez Trem :tup:
Gor-Gor
Tyrant-King

Post by Gor-Gor »

yea mine is doing ok now that the douche that de-tuned it in the first place isnt allowed to touch it.
[quote="IFryKids"]I bet you were drunk on maple syrup and powdered donuts, you sloppy piece of shit.[/quote]
[quote="DBS"]shut the fuck up you greasy disaster.[/quote]
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

warhead dime wrote:Not really. I don't have any problems with mine, ever.
http://www.burialwithin.com

[quote="goshuaspenis"]if 90% of all women in pubs are fugly, WHY DO YOU THINK THE WHOLE FUCKING NATION IS KNOWN AS ONE MASSIVE ALCOHOLIC KNOWN AS TEXECUTIONER THE ELECTROTESTICULAR[/quote]
Shred-Dimebag
I will fuck you up

Post by Shred-Dimebag »

Dawdy wrote:i was having problems with mine too. the whammy bar kept loosening off of the the mount on the floyd rose itself, plus the mount kept loosening too. what i did was i put a little piece of tape on the threads of both and tightened the shit out of them. wont come loose now
same with me! is ur whammy bar a push in? i tightened the screw in the back of the mount for the bar tighter now its fine. ill just buy a couple bars off ebay.
you know sometimes i wonder..