The Elixer fad

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
ELECTRICFUSEHOUND
Creampuff

The Elixer fad

Post by ELECTRICFUSEHOUND »

So yeah I finnally broke down aND BOUGHT SOME eLIXER STRINGS, and i have to say hell yeah cause their perty good nanoweb its the first time Ive tried this kind :pimp:

Code: Select all

[list][img][/img][/list]
:aargh:
COWBOYS OF the Flames "Black Step Crowned"
FUSE HOUND
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

good at first but they have a shitty fucking tone and that special coating shit sucks. 50 dollars well wasted :tdown: :fu:
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

I have large quantities of ernie balls. :|):
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
Pantera420
Vulgar Bastard

Post by Pantera420 »

DBS wrote:I have large quantities of ernie balls. :|):
:tup:
Individual Thought Patterns
Panterian420
Creampuff

Post by Panterian420 »

DRs bitches! Not the coated ones either.
InfernalEmpire
Far Beyond Driven

Post by InfernalEmpire »

DR's or D'Addario's stainless steel. :tup:
\m/ VADER \m/
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

ghs :tup:
SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

Post by SuicideNote »

GHS boomers baby.
[quote]What it's fair to say is that there is a significant number of young Australian males whose first glimpse of the sexualized female is her engaging in graphic, maybe even violent, hardcore sex.[/quote]
Sheldon
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Sheldon »

GHS TNT 10-52 and Boomers 11-50
[i]If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bullshit![/i]

Jackson/Charvel Whore
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

DR strings rule
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
100%hate
n0ob

Post by 100%hate »

i broke a DR string after only 2 weeks of straight playing, the elixer thing is quite overrated, the only thing i like about them is the tone quality and the less swish noise of rapid power chord movements that could otherwise be corrected w/'skills... i'm currently using zack wyldes custom 10-60 gauge GHS strings and they work great :tup:
it's hard to be taken seriously when people shake the same hand you fuck
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

last time i bought string,i bought the dime sigs to try then out...and they are badass.
Sexual Thunder
Lynch Mob

Post by Sexual Thunder »

Dean Markley Blue Steels :tup:
[quote="Mad Muir"]Turkey is awesome with the right kind of gravy, fags.[/quote]
Sheldon
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Sheldon »

100%hate wrote:i broke a DR string after only 2 weeks of straight playing, the elixer thing is quite overrated, the only thing i like about them is the tone quality and the less swish noise of rapid power chord movements that could otherwise be corrected w/'skills... i'm currently using zack wyldes custom 10-60 gauge GHS strings and they work great :tup:
I was using DR Hi-Beams but I kept having strings snap on me whenever I did a pull up on my whammy bar.
Are you using the Zakk Wylde strings in standard tuning?
[i]If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bullshit![/i]

Jackson/Charvel Whore
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

Sheldon wrote:
100%hate wrote:i broke a DR string after only 2 weeks of straight playing, the elixer thing is quite overrated, the only thing i like about them is the tone quality and the less swish noise of rapid power chord movements that could otherwise be corrected w/'skills... i'm currently using zack wyldes custom 10-60 gauge GHS strings and they work great :tup:
I was using DR Hi-Beams but I kept having strings snap on me whenever I did a pull up on my whammy bar.
mine snapped after 1 month :tup:
Sheldon
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Sheldon »

TK wrote:
Sheldon wrote:
I never use to snap strings at all. I have the Graph Tech String Saver saddles on my RR, and before that on my Strat. Broke 1 string in well over 3 years with those saddles. I emailed them about making some Floyd Rose-style saddles and they said this year they should be putting them out. That's going to kickass! I can't recommend those saddles enough! They don't change your tone or playability at all. Well I shouldn't say they don't change your playability, they allow you to go apeshit on your guitar and not have to worry about a string breaking and whipping you in your eye and you going blind and getting nicknames like "Blindman Willie"! :shock: :lol: :tup:

Jackson/Charvel Whore
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

Sheldon wrote:
TK wrote:
Sheldon wrote:
I never use to snap strings at all. I have the Graph Tech String Saver saddles on my RR, and before that on my Strat. Broke 1 string in well over 3 years with those saddles. I emailed them about making some Floyd Rose-style saddles and they said this year they should be putting them out. That's going to kickass! I can't recommend those saddles enough! They don't change your tone or playability at all. Well I shouldn't say they don't change your playability, they allow you to go apeshit on your guitar and not have to worry about a string breaking and whipping you in your eye and you going blind and getting nicknames like "Blindman Willie"! :shock: :lol: :tup:
:lol: i dont have much of a prob;lem with breaking strings with my floyd but i will probally will get me some of those when they come out scence i should be gigging soon.sounds like they have a good rep.have you heard anything about them saddles cracking?
100%hate
n0ob

Post by 100%hate »

TK wrote:
Sheldon wrote:
TK wrote:
Sheldon wrote:
:lol: i dont have much of a prob;lem with breaking strings with my floyd but i will probally will get me some of those when they come out scence i should be gigging soon.sounds like they have a good rep.have you heard anything about them saddles cracking?
yes, i have a set on each one of my elcetrics, a gibson studio LP and a bc rich warlock.and i occasionally drop the tuning down one step on the lower e-string blah blah blah
it's hard to be taken seriously when people shake the same hand you fuck