what string guage should i use to tune my 6 string to B?

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Dimejandro
I will fuck you up

what string guage should i use to tune my 6 string to B?

Post by Dimejandro »

eeeeh??
Pickled fetus worshipped
Divine Mongoloid
Was fucked in Effigy
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

12's
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
Metal66
Trendkiller

Post by Metal66 »

I got 9's on my les paul and that shit sucks. I won't be going back to B anytime soon.
[quote="Avulsed"]Some white girl I met in summer school said she got pregnant from a black man so she threw herself down the stairs twice.[/quote]
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

the thicker the better obviously. i have boomers 10-52 on my washburn and they were alright. just alright though.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

My band covers Pride from Damageplan which is tuned in drop B, my one guitarist plays a Les Paul that he put 11's on it and the other plays a Washburn Dime 333 that he put 12's on, both sound and feel (what they say) really good. (we also do Suicide Messiah in the same tuning)
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
Hiran
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Hiran »

I would suggest 11's
Kellan
Lynch Mob

Post by Kellan »

I'd just suggest a 7 string, you're way more than capable of making good/proper use of it.

But, if I were you, I'd just opt for a heavy bottom set and not really worry too much about the high strings. Personally I'd go with maybe 11's with a high 50 or maybe even a 60 for your would-be low E. Something like that I guess.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

PABassPlayer wrote:My band covers Pride from Damageplan which is tuned in drop B, my one guitarist plays a Les Paul that he put 11's on it and the other plays a Washburn Dime 333 that he put 12's on, both sound and feel (what they say) really good. (we also do Suicide Messiah in the same tuning)

Isn't Dime's low stuff in C#?
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

Post by CFH Eternal »

C# with the low string dropped to B.
[quote="Cheyenne Fucking Buffet"]This one's called Enter Sandman, maybe you've heard of it."[/quote]
Dimejandro
I will fuck you up

Post by Dimejandro »

Kellan wrote:I'd just suggest a 7 string, you're way more than capable of making good/proper use of it.

But, if I were you, I'd just opt for a heavy bottom set and not really worry too much about the high strings. Personally I'd go with maybe 11's with a high 50 or maybe even a 60 for your would-be low E. Something like that I guess.
Yeah man i definately wanna get a 7 string soon, there's a bunch of stuff im aching to play in that tuning. I guess i just wana put a heavy set on my old guitar to play some meshuggah haha. Although i might buy a triple xxx next week.. or i could save up some more monet and get an engl or soldano.. and then after that get a slsmg or a 7string!

edit* haha and Im dying to play some damn spawn of possession.
Pickled fetus worshipped
Divine Mongoloid
Was fucked in Effigy
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

7 strings rule :tup: You can snag a used RG7420 or 7620 on ebay for under 500.

My RG7420 + XXX + Behringer412 (the one with the Jenses) = killer tone that I paid under 1100 for :tup:
http://www.burialwithin.com

[quote="goshuaspenis"]if 90% of all women in pubs are fugly, WHY DO YOU THINK THE WHOLE FUCKING NATION IS KNOWN AS ONE MASSIVE ALCOHOLIC KNOWN AS TEXECUTIONER THE ELECTROTESTICULAR[/quote]
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

However, if you could save up and get an Engl and a Vader 4X12 (my dream rig!) you'd have one HELL of a fucking rig :tup:

[quote="goshuaspenis"]if 90% of all women in pubs are fugly, WHY DO YOU THINK THE WHOLE FUCKING NATION IS KNOWN AS ONE MASSIVE ALCOHOLIC KNOWN AS TEXECUTIONER THE ELECTROTESTICULAR[/quote]
Dimejandro
I will fuck you up

Post by Dimejandro »

Ben wrote:However, if you could save up and get an Engl and a Vader 4X12 (my dream rig!) you'd have one HELL of a fucking rig :tup:
haha that thing would fucking kill, but I dont have 3 g's right now :tdown: . This guy i know is selling his barely used triple xxx and custom cab loaded with eminence speakers for 1.5k.. but i just want the head for maybe.. 700. I need to get a job if im ever to buy a nice head though.
Pickled fetus worshipped
Divine Mongoloid
Was fucked in Effigy
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

Dimejandro wrote:
Ben wrote:However, if you could save up and get an Engl and a Vader 4X12 (my dream rig!) you'd have one HELL of a fucking rig :tup:
haha that thing would fucking kill, but I dont have 3 g's right now :tdown: . This guy i know is selling his barely used triple xxx and custom cab loaded with eminence speakers for 1.5k.. but i just want the head for maybe.. 700. I need to get a job if im ever to buy a nice head though.
Check ebay too. I snagged mine used for 680 bucks :tup:

7Dime7MetalMassacre
I will fuck you up

Post by 7Dime7MetalMassacre »

Ben wrote:
Dimejandro wrote:
Check ebay too. I snagged mine used for 680 bucks :tup:
I got mine B-stock from music 123 for 750, still a good price for it....they are going on e bay for that price all the time
Suck me
goshuaspenis
Hail Dimebag

Post by goshuaspenis »

Elixir baritones 12 - 68

perfect for you
[quote="Psycho Gangster"]Best username: Goshuaspenis[/quote]