Pantera Glam Albums Remastered, would be sick!

Talk about anything Pantera related....
Mario8672
Creampuff

Pantera Glam Albums Remastered, would be sick!

Post by Mario8672 »

I'd REALLY love to see Pantera first 4 albums get remastered. No more of that annoying 2$ tape hiss. Just an idea, but if it DID happen, I'd be pre-ordering them all as soon as possible. :negro:

-Metal Magic
-Projects in the Jungle
-I Am The Night
-Power Metal
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

Oh hell yeah bro I hate you lol
[quote="trendkiller"]I could lie and say I was downloading a crack for a game or it was a random virus but no, I was trying to watch a horse have sex with a woman.[/quote]
[quote="Neon Doll"]if u wasnt a virgin, you knoe hoe yo sndewrt yhid[/quote]
Mario8672
Creampuff

Post by Mario8672 »

Lager wrote:Oh hell yeah bro I hate you lol
:D I want remasters of these albums! I listen to cool songs (especially on I am the night [worst tape hiss on there!]) and I hear "buzz, click click" It's like, SHUT THE FUCK UP!!! But, anyway, it'd be cool. Whether some people like it or not, THAT is Pantera too ;)
oooiwsugdo
Far Beyond Driven

Post by oooiwsugdo »

:tdown:
seriousheavymetaller
Vulgar Bastard

Post by seriousheavymetaller »

The early albums are good, but I agree- the production damages some quality songs a bit.

Metal Magic- Sound is very thin and recordings are very quiet. Remastering a must.

Projects in the Jungle- Could be remastered, but considering the period it's recorded in the production is excellent. Guitars are thick sounding and synths are mixed well. (In Over My Head, Takin' My Life) A very professional sounding album- there's a lot of albums on major labels from the time with poorer productioN.

I am The Night- Not as bad as MM, production-wise, but the tape hiss is terrible in places (in particular half way through Forever Tonight). It could really just do with cleaning up a bit and a bit of a volume boost wouldn't go amiss.

Power Metal- The sound is good once you really crank it up, but inconsistant. On my copy, anyway- some tracks are louder than others. The thrash-bludgeon of Over and Out and the metal call to arms- Proud To Be Loud can be heard nice and clear. However, the dramatic Burrrn, the high octane Power Metal and the arena-ready Rock The World sound faint and tinny in comparison. Other tracks lie in between.
Are you ready?
Are you ready?
Are you ready to rock?
I've got the loudest
Stereo on the block!
trendkiller
Lynch Mob

Post by trendkiller »

potted meat
CoercedCoexistence
Lynch Mob

Post by CoercedCoexistence »

trendkiller wrote:potted meat
corned beef hash
[quote="Jericho"]definitely not a favorite but Kid Rock's American Badass is good.[/quote]
Bigupdamandem
n0ob

Post by Bigupdamandem »

No
Henkka
I will fuck you up

Post by Henkka »

seriousheavymetaller wrote:The early albums are good, but I agree- the production damages some quality songs a bit.

Metal Magic- Sound is very thin and recordings are very quiet. Remastering a must.

Projects in the Jungle- Could be remastered, but considering the period it's recorded in the production is excellent. Guitars are thick sounding and synths are mixed well. (In Over My Head, Takin' My Life) A very professional sounding album- there's a lot of albums on major labels from the time with poorer productioN.

I am The Night- Not as bad as MM, production-wise, but the tape hiss is terrible in places (in particular half way through Forever Tonight). It could really just do with cleaning up a bit and a bit of a volume boost wouldn't go amiss.

Power Metal- The sound is good once you really crank it up, but inconsistant. On my copy, anyway- some tracks are louder than others. The thrash-bludgeon of Over and Out and the metal call to arms- Proud To Be Loud can be heard nice and clear. However, the dramatic Burrrn, the high octane Power Metal and the arena-ready Rock The World sound faint and tinny in comparison. Other tracks lie in between.
I've got them all properly equalized, but it's not possible to do miracles with them, unless you've got the master tracks, which I don't.

:x
[quote="hektik"]"I viewed this whole topic with my husband :lol: "
I wonder if they made voices for each username. :fu:[/quote]
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

CoercedCoexistence wrote:
trendkiller wrote:potted meat
corned beef hash
Delicious
The Fear
Obsessed

Post by The Fear »

Are there 8671 other Mario's on the pbb?
down ass chic wrote:takes one to noone SLUT!
Mario8672
Creampuff

Post by Mario8672 »

<THe_FeAR> wrote:Are there 8671 other Mario's on the pbb?
yep, I kept trying all of the numbers until finally 8672 worked. I was rather happy, because I'd finally found a working number after trying 8671 others. ;)
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

Mario8672 wrote:
yep, I kept trying all of the numbers until finally 8672 worked. I was rather happy, because I'd finally found a working number after trying 8671 others. ;)
Owned.
[quote="seriousheavymetaller"]Yes, I'm currently finishing my Master's degree in Creative Writing. :tup: [/quote]
Mario8672
Creampuff

Post by Mario8672 »

summers_eve wrote:
Owned.
:negro:
Browns Town
CONSPIRACY

Post by Browns Town »

I am a hostile heterosexual male who is very pissed off.
Mario8672
Creampuff

Post by Mario8672 »

Browns Town wrote:Image
pwning the daughters of the queen? :D
Bukkake Tsunami
Master Blumpkin

Post by Bukkake Tsunami »

fuck off dick lick
Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.
Microwaved the baby Jesus
Vulgar Bastard
Location: |Left of Philcore, Right of Satan| Cincinnati, Ohio

Post by Microwaved the baby Jesus »

Bigupdamandem wrote:No
YES!
Microwaved the baby Jesus
Vulgar Bastard
Location: |Left of Philcore, Right of Satan| Cincinnati, Ohio

Post by Microwaved the baby Jesus »

ohh and my dick is bigger
The Fear
Obsessed

Post by The Fear »

Mario8672 wrote:
Holy shit.
eradio
Creampuff

Post by eradio »

I think early CD's would really sell...Everybody has to start somewhere...
You know since their dad produced that stuff that the masters might still exist?..I'd love to hear a fresh mix on those...
Piece of metal history...
Bukkake Tsunami
Master Blumpkin

Post by Bukkake Tsunami »

eradio wrote:I think early CD's would really sell...Everybody has to start somewhere...
You know since their dad produced that stuff that the masters might still exist?..I'd love to hear a fresh mix on those...
:roll: well if you read the most recent interviews with him, he is re-releasing them.
Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.
Dime6String
Creampuff

Post by Dime6String »

I've been searching for years for the first 4 albums!! Mainly I want Power Metal but having all 4 would be killer!! Anyone got any leads where I can get them for a decent price? Tried Ebay and they are WAY overpriced!! Found the Power Metal LP for $150.00!! :no:
Dime6String
Creampuff

Post by Dime6String »

Bukkake Tsunami wrote:
eradio wrote:I think early CD's would really sell...Everybody has to start somewhere...
:roll: well if you read the most recent interviews with him, he is re-releasing them.
Where is this interview and do you mean Jerry or Vinnie is re-releasing them? Either way don't really matter as long as I can get my hands on a copy of each!!! :D
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

Dime6String wrote:
Bukkake Tsunami wrote:
Where is this interview and do you mean Jerry or Vinnie is re-releasing them? Either way don't really matter as long as I can get my hands on a copy of each!!! :D
I just found the story! I talked to some dude in Arlington about it the other day. Holy shit, I can't believe this. They are going to re-master, re-design the packaging and everything to make it more modernized!

Whoa wait, I just found a cool site with regularly updated news on this breaking development!

http://www.c700.com/
[quote="seriousheavymetaller"]Yes, I'm currently finishing my Master's degree in Creative Writing. :tup: [/quote]
P.S.T. '88'
Creampuff

Post by P.S.T. '88' »

yeah where is the interview? :x i cant seem to find it and theres nothing about it on Big Vin Records.
The Fear
Obsessed

Post by The Fear »

:lol:
B?ch 3343
Far Beyond Driven

Post by B?ch 3343 »

Tha would be good :tup:
Dallas is where East ends.
Fort Worth is where Wes begins.
Gimp
I will fuck you up

Post by Gimp »

P.S.T. '88' wrote:yeah where is the interview? :x i cant seem to find it and theres nothing about it on Big Vin Records.
:lol:
[quote="Lager"]Best newb: Gimp[/quote]