To the Veteran Pantera fans...

Talk about anything Pantera related....
Hiran
Far Beyond Driven

To the Veteran Pantera fans...

Post by Hiran »

For anyone that got to see Pantera in the early days up to Far Beyond Driven, I hope you realize how lucky are. I would have killed to see Pantera playing stuff like Domination, Primal Concrete Sledge, Art Of Shredding, Rise, Mouth For War, etc. in a small club show. Even seeing a show from the Far Beyond Driven days would have been amazing. That's when you knew they're chemistry was perfect. Not to knock on the later Pantera stuff but I don't think any of their later live shows could compare to the early days. So any Pantera veterans, please share any early day Pantera shows you went to or just call me a fag and get on with your day.
rawzilla
Cowboy From Hell

Post by rawzilla »

I don't post here very often but I am indeed what you'd call a Pantera veteran. I've seen Pantera many, many times.
The first time I saw them they opened up for Skid Row in the Worcester, MA. It was insane. There were seats on the floor (what were they thinking?) that were destroyed. This was on the Vulgar Display of Power tour. I don't remember exactly what they played but yes they played "Rise" and "Art of Shredding." I think "Primal Concrete Sledge" was the last song of the night.
I saw them twice on the Far Beyond Driven tour.
The first show I saw on that tour was in Fitchburg, MA. Crowbar opened up and Pantera was on top of their game. I remember the CD had just come out #1. They opened up with "Use My Third Arm".....sickest crowed reaction I had ever seen up to that point.
Then I saw Pantera again on that same FBD tour in an outdoor arena (Great Woods.....what is now the Tweeter Center) in MA. Sepultura and Biohazard opened up and you can just imagine how sick that show was.

I also saw them for TGSTK tour a couple times (Neurosis opened up the first show and then I saw them again that summer with White Zombie and Deftones), saw them on their short 101 Proof tour in Worcester with Anthrax opening up. Also saw them on Ozzfest right before 101 Proof came out.
And then of course I saw them twice on the RTS tour. Morbid Angel and Static X opened up and then saw them that summer with SLAYER and forgot who else.
The later shows are a little foggy as I got older and started getting wasted more and more. But Phil was just as wasted so it was all good.

I will agree that the energy of the early shows were unbelievable. I've never seen a bad performance or even an average performance.....they've blown me away everytime.
Hiran
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Hiran »

rawzilla wrote:I don't post here very often but I am indeed what you'd call a Pantera veteran. I've seen Pantera many, many times.
The first time I saw them they opened up for Skid Row in the Worcester, MA. It was insane. There were seats on the floor (what were they thinking?) that were destroyed. This was on the Vulgar Display of Power tour. I don't remember exactly what they played but yes they played "Rise" and "Art of Shredding." I think "Primal Concrete Sledge" was the last song of the night.
The first show I saw on that tour was in Fitchburg, MA. Crowbar opened up and Pantera was on top of their game. I remember the CD had just come out #1. They opened up with "Use My Third Arm".....sickest crowed reaction I had ever seen up to that point.
Then I saw Pantera again on that same FBD tour in an outdoor arena (Great Woods.....what is now the Tweeter Center) in MA. Sepultura and Biohazard opened up and you can just imagine how sick that show was.

I also saw them for TGSTK tour a couple times (Neurosis opened up the first show and then I saw them again that summer with White Zombie and Deftones), saw them on their short 101 Proof tour in Worcester with Anthrax opening up. Also saw them on Ozzfest right before 101 Proof came out.
And then of course I saw them twice on the RTS tour. Morbid Angel and Static X opened up and then saw them that summer with SLAYER and forgot who else.
The later shows are a little foggy as I got older and started getting wasted more and more. But Phil was just as wasted so it was all good.

I will agree that the energy of the early shows were unbelievable. I've never seen a bad performance or even an average performance.....they've blown me away everytime.
cool man. I wish I could go back in time.
buck satan
Baldy

Post by buck satan »

I'm a veteran Pantera fan but I never saw them. :tdown:
Robert M ByrdFinally passed a math class after 8 tries in a 14 year period of going to college off and on.
tweek
Lynch Mob

Post by tweek »

buck satan wrote:I'm a veteran Pantera fan but I never saw them. :tdown:
your posts mean nothing to me now.
http://maclost.ytmnsfw.com/
http://macgyveruseless.ytmnd.com/
http://macgyverhatespeppers.ytmnd.com/
buck satan
Baldy

Post by buck satan »

tweek wrote:
did they mean anything to you before?
Robert M ByrdFinally passed a math class after 8 tries in a 14 year period of going to college off and on.
vulgarstrength
Mouth For War

Post by vulgarstrength »

buck satan wrote:
tweek wrote:
did they mean anything to you before?
yes, before, when he was under the impression that you had seen pantera live.
[quote="BassPhemy"]Whoever doesn't love Ernest can just have a bleach sandwich.[/quote]

[quote="Dirty Sanchez"]dont know how and wouldnt do it if i knew how, go fuck yourself[/quote]
DimebagIsGod1992
Creampuff Sr.

Post by DimebagIsGod1992 »

rawzilla wrote:I don't post here very often but I am indeed what you'd call a Pantera veteran. I've seen Pantera many, many times.

YOU are FUCKING lucky dude. I would do anything to go back in time and watch those shows man.
Rest In Peace Dimebag. 1966-2004.
supfreak26
Creampuff

Post by supfreak26 »

I saw them at least 20 times in a very small club back in the Power Metal days.

Is that too far back for ya?
goshuaspenis
Hail Dimebag

Post by goshuaspenis »

having phils or terrances cock smacked opps up side your head when they is fucking your pregnant momma does not count as seeing them
[quote="Psycho Gangster"]Best username: Goshuaspenis[/quote]
Brandon
filthy degenerate

Post by Brandon »

i saw pantera in 95, it ruled. type o negative(or was it biohazard?)and sepultura opened.
rObsessed!
Bukkake Tsunami
Master Blumpkin

Post by Bukkake Tsunami »

vinnie came over my house after i went backstage during a tour for vulgar. i told him my mother cooked an amazing steak, cause we got into this conversation about food after smoking like 2 bones.
he basically said prove it bro, so i was like okay dude! so we went to my house, luckily my mother had one marinating, so i took it out of the fridge, i fired up the grill, she cooked the meat, and goddamn, vinnie was like, that is some good steak bro! :aargh: :aargh: :fur: :aargh: :aargh: :fur: :tup:
Bren
Grim

Re: To the Veteran Pantera fans...

Post by Bren »

Hiran wrote: Not to knock on the later Pantera stuff but I don't think any of their later live shows could compare to the early days. So any Pantera veterans, please share any early day Pantera shows you went to
I first saw them in 1992 :tup: :fu: :D
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:I am the fucking anti-christ and you will bow down to me.
Mrs. Anselmo
Creampuff

Post by Mrs. Anselmo »

Im jealous at all u guys,,,ive never seen them :fur: fuck it...im bornd to late :tdown:
vulgarstrength
Mouth For War

Post by vulgarstrength »

Mrs. Anselmo wrote:Im jealous at all u guys,,,ive never seen them :fur: fuck it...im bornd to late :tdown:
I'm jealous at you for being bornd at all :fu:
[quote="BassPhemy"]Whoever doesn't love Ernest can just have a bleach sandwich.[/quote]

[quote="Dirty Sanchez"]dont know how and wouldnt do it if i knew how, go fuck yourself[/quote]
Hooz Yo Daddey
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Hooz Yo Daddey »

Bukkake Tsunami wrote:vinnie came over my house after i went backstage during a tour for vulgar. i told him my mother cooked an amazing steak, cause we got into this conversation about food after smoking like 2 bones.
he basically said prove it bro, so i was like okay dude! so we went to my house, luckily my mother had one marinating, so i took it out of the fridge, i fired up the grill, she cooked the meat, and goddamn, vinnie was like, that is some good steak bro! :aargh: :aargh: :fur: :aargh: :aargh: :fur: :tup:
:bs:
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

I hate when I accidentally click on "General Pantera Discussion". It's like a parallel world where everything becomes more retarded.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

Pfl?yd wrote:I hate when I accidentally click on "General Pantera Discussion". It's like a parallel world where everything becomes more retarded.
It's Dimension X!

[quote="seriousheavymetaller"]Yes, I'm currently finishing my Master's degree in Creative Writing. :tup: [/quote]
Amy
Hail Dimebag

Post by Amy »

When the free zone is lame, I come here for my laughs.
[quote="Brandon"]another funny thing i noticed as i was cleaning out my car.... some chicks phone number... written on the back of a paper which on the front had my chalmydia prescription.[/quote]
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

Brandon wrote:i saw pantera in 95, it ruled. type o negative(or was it biohazard?)and sepultura opened.
BLOOSHOT opened on that tour.

I GOT YOUR BACK, JUST WATCH YOUR FRONT!!!1!
jbeseau
Creampuff

Post by jbeseau »

I first saw Pantera in 1982 shortly after Glaze joined the band. I lived in Fort Worth and they were the house band at Savvy's, a local club in East Fort Worth.

Good times!

Jim
Bar Rat
How much do you Bench?

Post by Bar Rat »

Many years ago, when I was touting Pantera to one of my friends he said quite bluntly "Dude, Pantera is cool when your are like 17." I originally scoffed at this notion but I'm starting to see his point.
Suns out, guns out!
Hiran
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Hiran »

Bar Rat wrote:Many years ago, when I was touting Pantera to one of my friends he said quite bluntly "Dude, Pantera is cool when your are like 17." I originally scoffed at this notion but I'm starting to see his point.
You're lame :tdown:
Bar Rat
How much do you Bench?

Post by Bar Rat »

Hiran wrote:
Bar Rat wrote:Many years ago, when I was touting Pantera to one of my friends he said quite bluntly "Dude, Pantera is cool when your are like 17." I originally scoffed at this notion but I'm starting to see his point.
You're lame :tdown:
You're right. :tup: And fuck you.
Suns out, guns out!