ROCKSTAR PANTERA

Talk about anything Pantera related....
RE-ED
SAQZAPPER

ROCKSTAR PANTERA

Post by RE-ED »

Okay let's hypothetically say Phil and Vinnie do the bygones be bygones
metal slam dance and they embark to find thee guitarist to re-unite PanterA...
Draft the best new talent and old, would you watch this on prime tv >?
INXS made it work... Can they ? Will you ? Is PanterA dead ?
Should I make a poll?...
EnoS
Creampuff Sr.

Post by EnoS »

Dimmebag is an ENORMOUS part of Pantera,
Dimmebag is dead,
Pantera is dead.

or

Dime+Phil+Vinnie+Rex = PanterA
Guitarist+Phil+Vinnie+Rex = not PanterA

:aargh:
Dimebaggage
Mouth For War

Post by Dimebaggage »

vinnie will one day bump into phil someway or another.. and probably wouldnt say a thing cause he knows phil could knock him right on that fat ass of his.
farbeyondrnk718
Vulgar Bastard

Re: ROCKSTAR PANTERA

Post by farbeyondrnk718 »

RE-ED wrote:Okay let's hypothetically say Phil and Vinnie do the bygones be bygones
Should I make a poll?...
:tdown:
farbeyondrnk718
Vulgar Bastard

Post by farbeyondrnk718 »

Dimebaggage wrote:vinnie will one day bump into phil someway or another.. and probably wouldnt say a thing cause he knows phil could knock him right on that fat ass of his.
yea cauyse hes sooo tough.....after the back operation that guy cant even move the way a normal person can
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

RE-ED wrote:Okay let's hypothetically say Phil and Vinnie do the bygones be bygones
Should I make a poll?...
If there was ever a band that was a total anti-revolving door project, it would be Pantera. Pantera was a band that was a whole unit, a life-form of it's own. This unit lost it's heart with Dime, and the same would've happened had any other member had met the same fate. It's impossible to resurrect this band in any way without it being a complete embarrassment.

And on top of all that.....none of the remaining members would lower themselves enough to do something like that. I pity you for even considering this, joking or not, and may god have mercy on your soul.
[quote="seriousheavymetaller"]Yes, I'm currently finishing my Master's degree in Creative Writing. :tup: [/quote]

Post by Guest »

you dunderhead.
Mr. Terz
Lynch Mob

Post by Mr. Terz »

I also thought about it.. but I don't whink it will ever happen.

Other bands can reunite becuse they're in lack of money (MOTLEY CRUE....METALLICA...etc..)... but pantera's lifestyle never required great sum of money.
I mean: the life of the single members of the group is: playing, getting stoned, fucking. You can do this all life long, without requiring too much money. this mean they will never sell themselves for gold.
PLUS, they criticized this commercial trend years ago in TGSTK. Remeber? "the trend is over.... and it's on sale at the fucking dollar store". This can assure you enough that they will NEVER EVER riunite. Phew
“Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.” Charles Addams
BAYLIS
Cowboy From Hell

Post by BAYLIS »

summers_eve wrote:
Should I make a poll?...
If there was ever a band that was a total anti-revolving door project, it would be Pantera. Pantera was a band that was a whole unit, a life-form of it's own. This unit lost it's heart with Dime, and the same would've happened had any other member had met the same fate. It's impossible to resurrect this band in any way without it being a complete embarrassment.

And on top of all that.....none of the remaining members would lower themselves enough to do something like that. I pity you for even considering this, joking or not, and may god have mercy on your soul.
Well said. Also i hated that show with a passion and only sell outs would consider it and that show where they formed the band out of (and i cant remember the exact members) Motley Crue, Kiss and guns n roses was it? Was that another series of rockstar or a take off? I'll admit i havn't actually heard the album they released but you just know it's gona be a shocker. It passed the pointed where it was just sell out shit produceing the crap just for sales no they'd sunken to a knew low it was just for another series of the show. At least if it was for the record sales they'd have put some amount of effort into the music.
FUCKING HOSTILE!
tribepaul
Creampuff

NEVER SAY NEVER!!!!

Post by tribepaul »

MY DEEPEST WISH IS THAT PANTERA WILL REUNITE ..............OF CORSE IT WILL NEVER BE THE SAME( EVER) BUT SOME HOW IT CAN BE DONE IF PHIL ,VINNIE AND REX WILL REALIZE THAT THIS LIFE IS FUCKIN SHORT AND....FULL OF PAIN THAT CAN BE WASHT AWAY WITH FRENDSHIP!!!!!!!!
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

No.

Would you stick someone else in Bonham's stool too?
dan
Mouth For War

Post by dan »

there probably will be a one-off pantera show in a few years, with several guitarists standing in.

after phil will be like "fuck .....things"

and vinne will be like "im phat"

etc.

rex will just bully grimlock.
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

Pantera without Dime would be like Van Halen without Eddie. :|
[quote="seriousheavymetaller"]Yes, I'm currently finishing my Master's degree in Creative Writing. :tup: [/quote]
buck satan
Baldy

Post by buck satan »

:zzz:
Robert M ByrdFinally passed a math class after 8 tries in a 14 year period of going to college off and on.
AFPD
Cowboy From Hell

Post by AFPD »

buck satan wrote::zzz:
:zzz: :tdown:
Janine
Trendkiller

Post by Janine »

negatory

it would never work im afraid

and no don't make a poll
Pantera-Trendkiller
Creampuff

Post by Pantera-Trendkiller »

Im all up for seeing Phil and Vince burying the hatchet, getting hold of Rex and having a Jam with Slayer or something like that...

as for a Pantera Reunion.

No.

No.

No.

Fuck off, never going to happen, No :fu:

theres So many goddamn Selfish fans that have no respect for the wishes of Dimebag and what Pantera was and is about..

NO!!!
MOUTH FOR WAR!!
Boot2TheKool
Creampuff

Post by Boot2TheKool »

dan wrote:there probably will be a one-off pantera show in a few years, with several guitarists standing in.

after phil will be like "fuck .....things"

and vinne will be like "im phat"

etc.

rex will just bully grimlock.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Duh?!
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

No. But some kind of public reconciliation would be cool - they need to end Pantera on a good note.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:I am the fucking anti-christ and you will bow down to me.
Pantera-Trendkiller
Creampuff

Bren wrote:No. But some kind of public reconciliation would be cool - they need to end Pantera on a good note.
:tup:
MOUTH FOR WAR!!
Boot2TheKool
Creampuff

Post by Boot2TheKool »

Took mne a while to respond to this as i was cleaning up the vomit which spewed in response to the mere thought of a Rockstar Pantera show on CBS.
Dime is irreplacable,Dime is gone.I would tune in to watch a show where members of Pantera slapped Dave Navaro around.
Duh?!
monotheist
Hail Dimebag

Post by monotheist »

Bren wrote:No. But some kind of public reconciliation would be cool - they need to end Pantera on a good note.
i'm afraid it's beyond the point to "end pantera on a good note". the pantera name is forever plagued by the pantera fued and murder of dime.
Legion
I will fuck you up

Post by Legion »

I dunno man i think it would be a pretty fucking unselfish act to throw one last album together in memory of dime and shit.
naive i know but stranger things have happened.
Shred-Dimebag
I will fuck you up

Post by Shred-Dimebag »

Should I make a poll?...
Pantera won't be reunited. And if they are, (they won't be) it wouldn't be the same.

Each member already has it's own bands and shit they are too far into it now and almost too old. We're stuck with memories. but they were the best goddamn memories of Pantera in the fucking world.
you know sometimes i wonder..
Pantera-Trendkiller
Creampuff

Shred-Dimebag wrote:
Should I make a poll?...
Pantera won't be reunited. And if they are, (they won't be) it wouldn't be the same.

Each member already has it's own bands and shit they are too far into it now and almost too old. We're stuck with memories. but they were the best goddamn memories of Pantera in the fucking world.
thats right.... and to the dude who said "too late to end pantera on a good note as dime was murdered" unfortunately, your right. The truth about the situation really sucks ass :no:

when i think of pantera i think of those four badasses hyped up and ready to go throwing down on a stage playing sanblasted skin in between shots of blacktooth and pro metal rants. id hate for that image to be tarnished in anyway. a reunion isnt the way.

but this idea seems more realistic....

phil vince and rex sort their shit and play a show with several guest guitarists, NOT UNDER THE NAME OF PANTERA, but as a tribute to Darrell... get pat lachman and bob zilla too, it could be one big show where everyone gets drunk and remembers him..
MOUTH FOR WAR!!
maceek
Far Beyond Driven

Post by maceek »

I agree--Dime was a huge part of Pantera.
Having some other Joe Blow playing guitar for Dime would be like some other Joe Blow playing guitar for Angus.

Not....the...same...guy :x
Greenwood
Creampuff

Post by Greenwood »

Mr. Terz wrote:I also thought about it.. but I don't whink it will ever happen.

Other bands can reunite becuse they're in lack of money (MOTLEY CRUE....METALLICA...etc..)... but pantera's lifestyle never required great sum of money.
I mean: the life of the single members of the group is: playing, getting stoned, fucking. You can do this all life long, without requiring too much money. this mean they will never sell themselves for gold.
PLUS, they criticized this commercial trend years ago in TGSTK. Remeber? "the trend is over.... and it's on sale at the fucking dollar store". This can assure you enough that they will NEVER EVER riunite. Phew
metallica never reunited. they just got a new bass player. and they were releasing material between reload and stanger so it isnt really a reuninon for money as they already have it
RandomRussianDude
Vodkaholic

Post by RandomRussianDude »

Greenwood wrote:
Mr. Terz wrote:I also thought about it.. but I don't whink it will ever happen.

metallica never reunited. they just got a new bass player. and they were releasing material between reload and stanger so it isnt really a reuninon for money as they already have it
they just got a new bass player??!!!! again??!!!!1112 fuck!!!! i can't keep up with the news these days.
Bodom J wrote:I've shit my pants twice :tup:
Tyson wrote:i just shat myself twice... i typed this sitting in liqued shit