Drumkit From Hell 2

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Drumkit From Hell 2

Post by warhead dime »

I got this a while ago and never got around to using it until now. I have Sonar Cakewalk Pro 4 for my recording software and I insterted DFH into it through the synth track, like I was told to do a while back.

In all honesty, I have no idea what to do now or how to actually start making the drum tracks. I know that Scrotal Tug has used it so maybe he or anyone else who has used it could help me out :tup:
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

Send it to the recycle bin and get eZdrummer instead, sounds alot better and easier to use or go buy Drumkit From Hell Superior it is alot better than 2.

As far as i know Scrotal_Tug programs his drums using .WAV samples through a sequencer like Leafdrums or Fruityloops or whatever.

To use DFH2 you need to create MIDI drum tracks then set DFH2 as a VST instrument in your DAW and send the MIDI file to that instead of MIDI OUT.
"What'chu doin in mah house?...........eating a big ass Sandwich n shit?"
Lord of This World
TittySprinkles

Post by Lord of This World »

Leafdrums is the best drum machine i've used so far. I use it when I can't record on my drumset for some reason. No one has been able to tell that it's a drum machine yet (besides people who are knowledgable when it comes to drum machines). :tup:
stoic wrote:good news...everyone took that at face value and immediately stopped thinking you're a scared dork fuck.
Dimejandro
I will fuck you up

Post by Dimejandro »

you could try to program some drums on acid. I don't use it, i know luke from ST programs .wav's on it.
Pickled fetus worshipped
Divine Mongoloid
Was fucked in Effigy
DeathSion
Cowboy From Hell

Post by DeathSion »

dfh2 pissed me off more than video games do.
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

Dimejandro wrote:you could try to program some drums on acid. I don't use it, i know luke from ST programs .wav's on it.
I recorded a whole album with Acid Pro doing the drum parts. I merely sampled my drumkit and dumped the WAVs into the program. To this day, no one has ever been able to tell the difference. :tup:
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
Bronco
Cowboy From Hell

Post by Bronco »

Just getting into recording. I have cakewalk LE (lite) that came with
my sound card.

It seems hard to work with. Can anybody suggest an easier recording
software, that's not too expensive, for a recording dummy like me.

I use a Pod XT Live pedal. I'm not to sure about drum machines for the
PC either

Any help would be greatly appriciated

Thanks
All
Fuck the Fucking Fucker
The Fuck'n Fucker's Fucked

RIP Dime: Your Guitar Rocked our World
lou
Creampuff

ACOUSTICA MIXCRAFT

Post by lou »

BEATCRAFT SUKS A NUT . BUT SERIOUSLY MIXCRAFT IS PRETTY COOL
EVERYTHING IS DRAG INTERFACE IT RARELY LAGS AT ALL....

SONY ACID PISSED ME OFF TOO MANY FIELDS TO DEFINE AND BORING SHIT LIKE THAT ... WITH ACOUSTICA YOU CAN VISUALLY ADJUST EQUALIZERS TO GET EVERYTHING WHERE IT NEEDS TO BE WITH EVERY EFFECT YOU CAN SELECT OR DESELECT THE EFFECT IT KEEPS TRACK OF THEM FOR U!

YOU CAN DRAG OR GRAB THE EDGES OF EACH TRACK ...ETC...
drummer_goat
Far Beyond Driven

Post by drummer_goat »

write with a drummer :tup:

You'll have someone elses ideas as well as your own and some things are really easy to program that won't be easy for you drummer to play. Guitarist who program drum machines are what most drummers tend to avoid. As far as recording drums go if your drummer doesn't have a good sounding set, have him get some cheap triggers and a brain. The brain will have highend drum sounds on it but it will still not loose the sound of a person p laying.
[quote="AlferdPacker"] Open toilet, Put soap in water, Insert cat sit on the toilet lid. Let cat agitate itself in there for at least 5min. Flush 3-5 times to rinse off cat. Jump off toilet seat,and get out of the way as cat lets itself out. [/quote]
heavymetalsoldier666_
Cowboy From Hell

Post by heavymetalsoldier666_ »

i stick drumsticks up my ass
UNGODLIKE
Lynch Mob

Post by UNGODLIKE »

heavymetalsoldier666_ wrote:i stick drumsticks up my ass
okay then...
satan sux my dick
panera_cfh
n0ob

Re: Drumkit From Hell 2

Post by panera_cfh »

warhead dime wrote:I got this a while ago and never got around to using it until now. I have Sonar Cakewalk Pro 4 for my recording software and I insterted DFH into it through the synth track, like I was told to do a while back.

In all honesty, I have no idea what to do now or how to actually start making the drum tracks. I know that Scrotal Tug has used it so maybe he or anyone else who has used it could help me out :tup:
TRY USING 'BEATCRAFT'' ITS SIMMPLE AND THE DRUMS SOUND IS NATURAL,AM USING IT AND ITS FUCKING AWSOME.
CHEERS.