guitar pro question

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Dimejandro
I will fuck you up

guitar pro question

Post by Dimejandro »

if a guitarpro tab is tuned in D, but i want to move up the whole song up to E.. (so the tab doesnt change.. just the sound) how can i do that? is it possible?
Pickled fetus worshipped
Divine Mongoloid
Was fucked in Effigy
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

On the bottom of the interface it shows the instruments and it has names for each instrument. Sometimes it has the name of the person playing it or usually it will just say "Guitar". Click on that name. From there it will show all the strings, you can change the strings individually a half step up or down at a time, or all the strings together with the little black arrows pointing up or down a half step at a time. After you choose the tuning you want it to be in it will ask you if you want it to be transposed into the new tuning. If you click no the positions will stay the same and the key will be different, if you click yes the positions will be changed and the key will be the same.

If you're changing the tuning you'll want to mute the other tracks or change them as well.
Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

Also, where is the video of you playing Erotomania with your new guitar, jerkface? :x
Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
Dimejandro
I will fuck you up

Post by Dimejandro »

ooooh, I always put yes in that window lol. thanks man.
aand the video will be here soon! I had to take care of a few songs first, sorry bout that hah.
Pickled fetus worshipped
Divine Mongoloid
Was fucked in Effigy
BaptizedBurning
I will fuck you up

Post by BaptizedBurning »

if you change the tuning as mentioned before, it adjusts the whole tab of that intrument to fit the tuning. i wish there was a way to change the tuning with changing the tab notation.
"When I die and see god, I'm gonna say...shit..."
Dimejandro
I will fuck you up

Post by Dimejandro »

BaptizedBurning wrote:if you change the tuning as mentioned before, it adjusts the whole tab of that intrument to fit the tuning. i wish there was a way to change the tuning with changing the tab notation.
bassphemy just explained how! all you gotta do is click no when it asks if you want to transcribe the track intot he new tuning.
Pickled fetus worshipped
Divine Mongoloid
Was fucked in Effigy
BaptizedBurning
I will fuck you up

Post by BaptizedBurning »

Dimejandro wrote:
BaptizedBurning wrote:if you change the tuning as mentioned before, it adjusts the whole tab of that intrument to fit the tuning. i wish there was a way to change the tuning with changing the tab notation.
bassphemy just explained how! all you gotta do is click no when it asks if you want to transcribe the track intot he new tuning.
ahh, i must have missed that little detail. thanks dude.
"When I die and see god, I'm gonna say...shit..."
DeathSion
Cowboy From Hell

Post by DeathSion »

I should record a video of myself playing a song...but..that's alot of effort just to put a video online. lol