Analogman Pedals/Mods

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Analogman Pedals/Mods

Post by croninburg »

I am in the grips of Gear Acquisition Syndrome, and I want to get some stomp boxes to replace my Korg effects unit. Because of the exchange rate, I can get pedals imported new from this site for less than the asking price (or even ebay) in the UK. Has anyone dealt with them? I'm looking at getting a TS9 modified to 808 spec (I have never played either but I'm taken in by the sles pitch and the price), a small stone and a Boss DD6... for now.
silverback77
Creampuff Sr.

Post by silverback77 »

Analogman does good work. I've heard some modded MT-2's from them that sound great. You can also check out guitartone.net for info on how to mod your own pedals. When I joined up w/ them a year ago, it was like $40 for lifetime access to all their mods. I've modded an MT-2, an HM-2, an ODB-1, and a BF-2. You can get parts from Radio Shack or from places online like Digikey.com.

If you're at all technically inclined, I'd suggest looking into this.

Plus, if you can find stock pedals at decent prices, I can mod them for you.
"I'm tryin' to save these boys' LIVES, you crawlin' bookworm! Stand in my way, and I'll pulverize you into chicken droppings!"
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Cheers for the info, and thanks for the offer but since I'm in the UK the cost of buying a pedal and then shipping it both ways would probaby be more expensive than jsut ordering a new mod from analogman. Also, no offence but I'd rather trade with an established bisiness. Thanks again for the info though, I'll check out guitartone.net.
SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

Post by SuicideNote »

SB77 knows a lot of stuff.
[quote]What it's fair to say is that there is a significant number of young Australian males whose first glimpse of the sexualized female is her engaging in graphic, maybe even violent, hardcore sex.[/quote]
silverback77
Creampuff Sr.

Post by silverback77 »

croninburg wrote:Cheers for the info, and thanks for the offer but since I'm in the UK the cost of buying a pedal and then shipping it both ways would probaby be more expensive than jsut ordering a new mod from analogman. Also, no offence but I'd rather trade with an established bisiness. Thanks again for the info though, I'll check out guitartone.net.
No offense taken, money is money, and I can respect a man who looks for an established reputation...even if that man is British :lol: Like I said, if you are at ALL inclined, get the info & do it yourself. It's so rewarding and besides, then you can tell everyone who hears your sick-ass sounding pedals, "Yeah, I modded those myself." Just remember: Don't grab the pointy end of the soldering iron when it's hot!
"I'm tryin' to save these boys' LIVES, you crawlin' bookworm! Stand in my way, and I'll pulverize you into chicken droppings!"
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

I just went ahead and ordered them, $464/£247.. They should be here in about a week apparently :aargh:
silverback77
Creampuff Sr.

Post by silverback77 »

croninburg wrote:I just went ahead and ordered them, $464/£247.. They should be here in about a week apparently :aargh:
That better be the total price for at least 3 pedals, otherwise you got hosed, mate.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Of course.. it worked out cheaper than buying stock pedals new in the UK :tup:
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

They arrived today, the tube scremer and small stone both sound awesome, but the most fun to be had is with the boss DD6.. hours of fiddling to be had here :|):
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

here's a question, being a bass player is like being the bastard son when it comes to "effects enhancements"

Right now I'm using a Digitech Compressor, a Boss Overdrive and am in the market for a decent Flange. I decided that perhaps I'll start looking at a multi-effects pedal rather than 3 stomp boxes. In my initial search, I found that there is no multi-effects that doesn't have a shitload of head and cabinet simulators. Does anyone know of a bass multi effects that is just that, effects only, without all the simulators and other shit.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
silverback77
Creampuff Sr.

Post by silverback77 »

PABassPlayer wrote:here's a question, being a bass player is like being the bastard son when it comes to "effects enhancements"

Right now I'm using a Digitech Compressor, a Boss Overdrive and am in the market for a decent Flange. I decided that perhaps I'll start looking at a multi-effects pedal rather than 3 stomp boxes. In my initial search, I found that there is no multi-effects that doesn't have a shitload of head and cabinet simulators. Does anyone know of a bass multi effects that is just that, effects only, without all the simulators and other shit.
NO. Buy the pedals. Get them modded, perhaps by me. PM for a quote if you're interested.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

what exactly are the advantages to the "mods", what do you do?
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

If I were you I'd just get three stomp boxes, you could just get a line selector if you need to turn two or three at once.
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

PABassPlayer wrote:what exactly are the advantages to the "mods"
He makes money.
Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
silverback77
Creampuff Sr.

Post by silverback77 »

PABassPlayer wrote:what exactly are the advantages to the "mods", what do you do?
The main advantages include reducing noise, increasing output, increasing headroom, and making bassphemy look like an idiot. I change out type & values of various certain components to acheive the above.

Check out guitartone.net & see for yourself. Hell, pay the $40 & download all the mods yourself. You can get most of the parts you need from Radioshack, and you an even order them direct from the site.
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

Or you could just buy good equipment to start with.
Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
silverback77
Creampuff Sr.

Post by silverback77 »

BassPhemy wrote:Or you could just buy good equipment to start with.
Easier said than done. All mass-produced stock pedals use cheap components that have a wide tolerance (+/- 20 % of indicated value); that's why one DS1 can sound radically different from another, for example. Modding enables you to control the value of key components & tighten the tolerences to acheive a more boutique result.