Everybody update

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Sam
Mouth For War

Everybody update

Post by Sam »

Alright, so most of us know each other from years of posting, and some of us just don't. Where's everyone standing today musically? In any bands? Accomplish any new feats? Get any new gear? Etc, etc.

I'm still in Painpurge rocking it hard. We're recording tonight or tomorrow night a 3 song demo, and using it for our promo pack to book countless shows starting next week. I also plan on starting up lessons on guitar again just because. Can never learn enough!

NoW iT's yOuR tUrN!!@!~!1
Sheldon
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Sheldon »

No band, yet. Always working on my playing though.
[i]If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bullshit![/i]

Jackson/Charvel Whore
InfernalEmpire
Far Beyond Driven

Post by InfernalEmpire »

Bought a new Dean ML Select, dropped a Dimebucker in the bridge, and bought a Boss noise suppressor. :tup:
\m/ VADER \m/
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Well, I'm in a Pantera Tribute act called Sandblasted ( www.sandblastedonline.com )

As for new gear, nothing recently apart from a couple of new Planetwave cables... I'm getting a whammy pedal in April (Yay! Becoming and Suicide Note Part II live! :D ) when I get my student loan.
Trendkiller

Post by 213 »

passed up on a charvel model 4 the other day with a kahler and actives on it. fucking kicking myself about it!
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

I still have the same gear and I play bass in a band called Crack Team.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
XY-SATAN
Far Beyond Driven

Post by XY-SATAN »

Same axe ( new), currently or call it desperately looking for a new amp and pedal been through two in a month . Building my band , having problems with getting people to show up to practice . It's fucking stresses me out and I'm looking at maybe collaborating with a few friends who's lead axe player is in rehab. right now . First get together went very well and they are very committed folks . Getting sick of losers, posers, drug addicts and big talkers as band mates .
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

i have a badass singer,still looking for a good drummer and bassist.
looking for a new job so i can get the rest of my rack gear and hopefully build a warmoth guitar.lately i have been focusing on my leads.
Gor-Gor
Tyrant-King

Post by Gor-Gor »

My drummer is starting to learn double kick (hes a newb) and my singer is savign for a PA. he should get it in about 2 or 3 weeks. im starting to save up for a new guitar. im gonna get a Platinum Pro Jr.V. might get a new pick up or two as well. probly Invader for my Viper and if im happy with that, ill probly buy another for the V. Then again id like to throw a Bill Lawrence in the V. ive never played thru one tho. how do you think it would sound thru a Spider II?
[quote="IFryKids"]I bet you were drunk on maple syrup and powdered donuts, you sloppy piece of shit.[/quote]
[quote="DBS"]shut the fuck up you greasy disaster.[/quote]
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

I play guitar in a prog rock band.. we need a singer though so we haven't gigged yet. I have a Japanese '62 custom reissue tele and a korg ax1500g effects processor.. i now need to replace my shitty 10 watt Park amp :x
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

TK wrote:i have a badass singer,still looking for a good drummer and bassist.
looking for a new job so i can get the rest of my rack gear and hopefully build a warmoth guitar.lately i have been focusing on my leads.
dont build a wormoth you idiot
[quote="Buddy"]alfie you have to believe me![/quote]
Pantera420
Vulgar Bastard

Post by Pantera420 »

i've been on a campaign to really clean up my playing which is going good :tup:
i'm decided to major in music industry management at ferris which is cool :tup:
i'm starting a band as soon as we find a drummer and get all the shit lined up :tup: :tup:

edit: i'm also working on writing better solos and asdding a lot of variety
Individual Thought Patterns
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

the band im in is finally starting to get off the ground www.soulfracture.co.uk should be playing gigs in a month or two :fur:
Last edited by Metallash on Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What'chu doin in mah house?...........eating a big ass Sandwich n shit?"
Soloist
Creampuff

Post by Soloist »

same gear.. but i've slowed down my playing so its more melodic. Working on songwriting a lot too these days.
Gor-Gor
Tyrant-King

Post by Gor-Gor »

Soloist wrote:same gear.. but i've slowed down my playing so its more melodic. Working on songwriting a lot too these days.

you could shred man why slow it down and more melodic?
[quote="IFryKids"]I bet you were drunk on maple syrup and powdered donuts, you sloppy piece of shit.[/quote]
InfernalGeo
Far Beyond Driven

Post by InfernalGeo »

im currently playing in my attic, and since this is my first post on this forum i figured id take the time and tell you that Im a bassist, and my current equipment includes:
a Dean Edge Custom 4 string
a Dean Edge 5 string (neck through, fockin nice!)
a Jackson KBX 4 string

im running through a Boss GT-6B, and right now im playing through some shitty Crate 100w bass amp. I bought a Peavey Max450 head, and i need to order a cab someday soon here :tup:
CoercedCoexistence
Lynch Mob

Post by CoercedCoexistence »

weonlywonfiveone wrote:Well, I'm in a Pantera Tribute act called Sandblasted ( www.sandblastedonline.com )

As for new gear, nothing recently apart from a couple of new Planetwave cables... I'm getting a whammy pedal in April (Yay! Becoming and Suicide Note Part II live! :D ) when I get my student loan.
most tribute bands are terrible. not judging yours or anything, it's just hard to recreate the electricity of a band like pantera without it being the real band.
Soloist
Creampuff

Post by Soloist »

Gor-Gor wrote:
Soloist wrote:same gear.. but i've slowed down my playing so its more melodic. Working on songwriting a lot too these days.

I got bored of doing the same stuff all the time.. I just find playing melodically is much more interesting. I still love shredding of course, I guess the style I'm going for is something like Jeff Loomis; great shredding but with lots of melody as well. Too bad I'm no where near his level though heh.
InfernalEmpire
Far Beyond Driven

Post by InfernalEmpire »

infernalgeo wrote:im running through a Boss GT-6B, and right now im playing through some shitty Crate 100w bass amp. I bought a Peavey Max450 head, and i need to order a cab someday soon here
You don't need a fucking cab. You're too goddamn loud as it is. :fu:
\m/ VADER \m/
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

hippy wrote:
why not?
XY-SATAN
Far Beyond Driven

Post by XY-SATAN »

CoercedCoexistence wrote:
weonlywonfiveone wrote:Well, I'm in a Pantera Tribute act called Sandblasted ( www.sandblastedonline.com )

most tribute bands are terrible. not judging yours or anything, it's just hard to recreate the electricity of a band like pantera without it being the real band.
Have some friends in a tribute band MotleyTwo www.motley2.com and they rake in the fucking cash at each show ,sell out every time and fucking motley chicks are abundant. They have a original band called Dizzy and another band called Abuse of Power and they both have trouble selling out shows and their great musicians . Not enough cash in it till they get picked up man and there are a few being pick up around here .

Slap on the spandex and a wig and you're styling !!!!!
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

TK wrote:
hippy wrote:
why not?
well cause your going to be building a shitty strat. how much money you got?
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

hippy wrote:
TK wrote:
hippy wrote:
why not?
well cause your going to be building a shitty strat. how much money you got?
i dont play strats.i figured it will be 1600 for what i want.
Gor-Gor
Tyrant-King

Post by Gor-Gor »

Soloist wrote:
Gor-Gor wrote:

I got bored of doing the same stuff all the time.. I just find playing melodically is much more interesting. I still love shredding of course, I guess the style I'm going for is something like Jeff Loomis; great shredding but with lots of melody as well. Too bad I'm no where near his level though heh.

understandable. Id like to be more brutal with my stuff. more death cords and such. what would you recommend me learning or playing to get a more brutal and dark sound?
Dimejandro
I will fuck you up

Post by Dimejandro »

ee well im playing with a drummer, he likes to call the band monroe effect, metal/prog. i'v got a 2man grind project going on just for fun, me on vocs and geetarz and a friend on drums. i dont play much with them though, i just play alot by myself
Pickled fetus worshipped
Divine Mongoloid
Was fucked in Effigy
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

ive been in nephilim for a while now and we've been playing lots of shows and selling our 3 song demo.

recently got a dimarzio x2n and a dimarzio paf pro (the x2n is already installed in the bridge of my dean ml f 79). i have a 5150 but thats not very new news.
InfernalGeo
Far Beyond Driven

Post by InfernalGeo »

InfernalEmpire wrote:
infernalgeo wrote:im running through a Boss GT-6B, and right now im playing through some shitty Crate 100w bass amp. I bought a Peavey Max450 head, and i need to order a cab someday soon here
You don't need a fucking cab. You're too goddamn loud as it is. :fu:
if i can still fucking hear you, then im not loud enough!! :x
InfernalEmpire
Far Beyond Driven

Post by InfernalEmpire »

infernalgeo wrote:if i can still fucking hear you, then im not loud enough!!
You're fucking deaf. You don't hear shit anyways. *I* can't even hear myself. :fu: :fag:
\m/ VADER \m/
Zivi
BOOM headshot!

Post by Zivi »

I'm still playing shitty music....but maybe I'll buy a new sound card, speakers and one or two mics soon and record some fast as fuck noise/grind.
Panterachat get your metal pestilence. Arbuckle hospital. Iron from 1920s. Aheels. Seals hockey. Evan lysacek personal life. Bbb certified at home ...
Dimejandro
I will fuck you up

Post by Dimejandro »

Zivi wrote:I'm still playing shitty music....but maybe I'll buy a new sound card, speakers and one or two mics soon and record some fast as fuck noise/grind.
:tup:
Pickled fetus worshipped
Divine Mongoloid
Was fucked in Effigy
morgbite
Lost

Post by morgbite »

trying to sort out th 3 bands im apparently in :x
Once more unto the breech dear friends, for England,Harry and St George!
I'M A FUCKING FAGGOT! NICE COCK DUDE!
SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

Post by SuicideNote »

Zivi wrote:I'm still playing shitty music....but maybe I'll buy a new sound card, speakers and one or two mics soon and record some fast as fuck noise/grind.
I'm not sure that getting new recording equipment will stop you from playing shitty music. New toys are fun though.
[quote]What it's fair to say is that there is a significant number of young Australian males whose first glimpse of the sexualized female is her engaging in graphic, maybe even violent, hardcore sex.[/quote]
razorkill666
n0ob

Post by razorkill666 »

Started up 2 bands, razorkill (cunt-metal) and flies on heat (jazz-country-blues-freak music)
got a dean ml79f, have just made the breakthrough on guitar that screams shred muthafucka!
R.I.P Dime
Razorkill-Playing deans 'til the end!
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

I've progressed a lot and now all my songs have the vibe to know who is playing it. I have a big, very big Atheist influence in all my bass lines along with some red chord / cephalic carnage kind of vibe to them as well.
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

hektik wrote:I've progressed a lot and now all my songs have the vibe to know who is playing it. I have a big, very big Atheist influence in all my bass lines along with some red chord / cephalic carnage kind of vibe to them as well.
learn some stevie wonder, its got some good funk to it
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

hippy wrote:
hektik wrote:I've progressed a lot and now all my songs have the vibe to know who is playing it. I have a big, very big Atheist influence in all my bass lines along with some red chord / cephalic carnage kind of vibe to them as well.
That's ok.
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

hektik wrote:
hippy wrote:
That's ok.
do you have a six strings
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

hippy wrote:
hektik wrote:
hippy wrote:
That's ok.
do you have a six strings
No but I plan on buying one when I have enough money saved up to be ok financally. A decent one costs a little more than I'd care to pay for...but, why not? Haha
13steps
I will fuck you up

Post by 13steps »

I've got a Washburn Dime3 Trendkill Camoflauge runned through a jjlabs 40w amp and a danelectro tubscreamer..

I'm in two bands > "Slave Chicken" and "the Moshpit Survival Kit".
[quote="PhilCore"]er du behövande en rum - kompis? :)[/quote]
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

No new gear at this point; still using the EC1000 through the RH100 and the Marshall 4X12 w/ celestions.

New band is Burial Within

http://www.burialwithin.tk
http://www.myspace.com/burialwithin
http://www.burialwithin.com

[quote="goshuaspenis"]if 90% of all women in pubs are fugly, WHY DO YOU THINK THE WHOLE FUCKING NATION IS KNOWN AS ONE MASSIVE ALCOHOLIC KNOWN AS TEXECUTIONER THE ELECTROTESTICULAR[/quote]