firing your guitar player.

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

firing your guitar player.

Post by PABassPlayer »

I should have just said "your fired come get your shit", but I was a pussy.
I wrote this shit....

Hey Tom,
Last night we talked and decided that we have been fooling ourselves
that we can and want to be a "mainstream" band. We have decided
that our talents lie in the metal/hard rock genre of music. It is what we
have always done, it is what we do best. I was kidding myself when I
thought I could be happy playing mainstream/pop/radio friendly music.
Brian basically said that if we remained going in that direction, that he
was gonna start looking for a heavier project himself.

That being said, we have decided that we should look for a guitarist that
is better suited for the genre of music we want to do. Alot of the music
you have never heard, some is played on a 7 string in B tuning.
I know that you want to do more mainstream stuff, and you have bands that
you are still working with in that genre, that you will have no problem integrating
yourself back in. I know that you may be thinking that this has something to do
with the show Sunday, but it really doesn't. We just realized we are "metal heads"
When Rich joined, he also was on that page and I felt a shift to the heavier music
begin, and saw the song selections going away from the direction you want to go.
I kind of feel responsible for alot of this, because I really thought the mainstream
was the direction I wanted to go, but honestly, my heart isn't in it. Brian's heart isn't in it
and it will eventually show in the performances. Or worse yet, the demise of the band
because of tensions due to not being happy.

We are still getting together Sunday, and would like to talk to you rather
than e-mail, but if we are going to set up an audition, I don't want to be dishonest
and do it behind your back. I wanted to let you know up front what our feelings and
intentions are. This is really a matter of a leopard can't change it's spots. We tried to be
something we aren't and it was making us all miserable. I want you know that there
is no hard feelings what so ever and that you have an invitation to jump on stage
with us anytime you're there for a song or 2.

I do apoligise for the fact that I thought I was going in the right direction musically, to
find that I just can't do it. I know I told you from the beginning it was what I wanted, but I
was not only kidding you, I was kidding myself too. I know that is also coming at a rough
point in your life and hopefully it will give you time to straighten out things that arise.

Respectfully,
K
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
Firestorm
Mouth For War

Post by Firestorm »

What is your point?
lolz
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

Firestorm wrote:What is your point?
guess I don't have one...just sharing.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

i just started a new band without telling my old guitarist.

very amicable, but you do indeed sound like a pussy.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
Firestorm
Mouth For War

Post by Firestorm »

lolz, Have yew found a NU guitarist????
lolz
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

Firestorm wrote:lolz, Have yew found a NU guitarist????
2 auditions set up this sunday and wednesday.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

Insted of writing notes and beating around the bush...Ive always found it better to sit down and talk as a band, that way you get the other guys input insted of you being the sole "bearer or bad news". Just be honest to his face...I had to do the exact same thing with our singer- it wasn't pretty but he got the point...
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

Jefferino wrote:Insted of writing notes and beating around the bush...Ive always found it better to sit down and talk as a band, that way you get the other guys input insted of you being the sole "bearer or bad news". Just be honest to his face...I had to do the exact same thing with our singer- it wasn't pretty but he got the point...
ok, this is where it gets ugly.
He wasn't at practice last night when we decided to give him the boot because his mother died Sunday (about 3 hours before a show in which he tanked hard) In reality, we have been considering giving him the boot for about a month, but was waiting till after the show we had sunday. It was a big show and I didn't want to have to cancel.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

Cheyenne fucking Buffet
I am cool

Post by Cheyenne fucking Buffet »

Is this the guy that tried to look like Dimebag?
IPlayTheIrishFlute wrote:I often stick my cock in my flute then ejaculate and blow the cum out of it into your mother's face.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

"Mom's just died and i have nothing. Except my band.....God i'm going to pump everything into this now i have to make it work. For mom, for me, and for those guys. I feel like a new man, ready to tear up everything in my path. I'm hungry for this shit, man. Let's just check my e-mails....."
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

Cheyenne fucking Buffet wrote:Is this the guy that tried to look like Dimebag?
lol...no, he is a very good guitarist.
I fired this....
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

DBS wrote:"Mom's just died and i have nothing. Except my band.....God i'm going to pump everything into this now i have to make it work. For mom, for me, and for those guys. I feel like a new man, ready to tear up everything in my path. I'm hungry for this shit, man. Let's just check my e-mails....."

LMFAO!!!!!! :aargh: :lol:
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

Watw-Drums
Hail Dimebag

Post by Watw-Drums »

DBS wrote:"Mom's just died and i have nothing. Except my band.....God i'm going to pump everything into this now i have to make it work. For mom, for me, and for those guys. I feel like a new man, ready to tear up everything in my path. I'm hungry for this shit, man. Let's just check my e-mails....."
:lol:
[quote="Edna Bodine"][quote="Richard The Duke"]What do you do when you take a monster shit and you realize that there is no toilet paper in the bathroom??[/quote]

pick it up and throw it out the window[/quote]
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

PABassPlayer wrote:
Jefferino wrote:Insted of writing notes and beating around the bush...Ive always found it better to sit down and talk as a band, that way you get the other guys input insted of you being the sole "bearer or bad news". Just be honest to his face...I had to do the exact same thing with our singer- it wasn't pretty but he got the point...
He wasn't at practice last night when we decided to give him the boot because his mother died Sunday (about 3 hours before a show in which he tanked hard) In reality, we have been considering giving him the boot for about a month, but was waiting till after the show we had sunday. It was a big show and I didn't want to have to cancel.
SWEET! ADDING INSULT TO INJURY!
No, seriously, if he sucked...It's probably not a big deal whatsoever.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

Jefferino wrote:
PABassPlayer wrote:
SWEET! ADDING INSULT TO INJURY!
No, seriously, if he sucked...It's probably not a big deal whatsoever.
suck, he did.
He actually had some talent, but no assemblence of professionalism, and completely equiptment retarded. You would think at his age he would have figured that out. We did a single set Sunday, he was out of tune from the start, didn't have his acoustic sim pedal hooked up, and then had problem in mid set trying to hook it up. I wanted to smash him in the face with my bass, so it's actually good for him that i fired him rather than beat him.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

Yeah- Some people are like oil and fucking water...Look at me and BassPhemy :lol: joking aside...

It defintely sucks losing members no matter how much they suck, because there is that down time of filling the spot...shit, I think my band has gone through 11 members...and now we're "auditioning" singers...what a big fucking joke that's turned out to be....good luck though..
SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

Post by SuicideNote »

I'm going to copy that and send it to each member of my band.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

he just IM'd me. this is the conversation.

tom: Hey Kev
ME: yo Tom
tom: Yo
tom: Hey when can I pick up my stuff. Ill be honest, I was gonna let you know I really need to let the band thing go for awhile anyway
ME: I had a feeling about that....I even mentioned it to the guys last night....
tom: I could be in a band tommorrow I need a break
tom: no bad feelings. sorry I fucked up your guys gig last week but I have been a mess and fucking alot of things up

ME: we completely understand, no one is mad or upset .....
tom: Im not either
tom: I have been drinking heavy since the first time my Mom went in

ME: this really didn't have anything to do with Sunday....it's more of a direction thing
tom: You guys are great at what you do and I wish all well
ME: I kind of got a feeling the last few times I talked to you that you needed a break
tom: its cool. It doesnt matter I feel horrible for letting you guys down. I won the fucking raffle and was too stupid drunk to know. Anyway I have been taking it easy and Ill be fine but I agree we are headed in different directions and I am fine with you guys decision and do respect it
ME: it's just tough....with the time in with you and things were moving. But honestly, I saw the seperation in direction and while it wasn't an issue now, I could see in the future it would have become one
tom: I agree. Take Care and I wish you guys the best
ME: we will be there sunday if you want to get your stuff then, if you want to get it sooner let me know when I'll try to make arrangements to meet you there
tom: Ill let you know
tom: c ya

ME: ok....give me a call

Glad that's over! NEXT!!!!!!
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

I'll buy that Conklin 7 string bass and audition as a guitar player.
Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

:lol: Exactly.
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

That was the professional way to go about it. :tup:
Tweel
I will fuck you up

Post by Tweel »

ha, bout 2 years ago, i was in this band and we had this singer who was a total jackass, came out to one of my parties and tried to fight everyone in a drunken state. he was just a total jackass

next day his shit(PA; mic; stand) was in the back of my truck and it ended up on his front porch cause he wasn't home. and some nigggers drove by and took it all. he was pissed.
Fuck Ole Miss
dan
Mouth For War

Post by dan »

haha l liked out you kept going on about it when he obviously wanted to wrap the conversation up.

PABassPlayer wrote:he just IM'd me. this is the conversation.

ME: yo Tom youre out the band
tom: Hey when can I pick up my stuff. Ill be honest, I was gonna let you know I really need to let the band thing go for awhile anyway
ME: haha bitch you're out the band.
tom: no bad feelings. sorry I fucked up your guys gig last week but I have been a mess and fucking alot of things up

ME: haha bitch you're out the band .....

tom: its cool. It doesnt matter I feel horrible for letting you guys down. I won the fucking raffle and was too stupid drunk to know. Anyway I have been taking it easy and Ill be fine but I agree we are headed in different directions and I am fine with you guys decision and do respect it

ME: ok....bitch no band!

Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

getting kicked out of a band must be a kick in the balls
... You're killing me, Smalls.
metallica777
Creampuff

Post by metallica777 »

dan wrote:haha l liked out you kept going on about it when he obviously wanted to wrap the conversation up.

PABassPlayer wrote:he just IM'd me. this is the conversation.

ME: yo Tom youre out the band

ME: haha bitch you're out the band .....

ME: ok....bitch no band!

THAT is funny.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

nobody talks like that.
axlash
Lynch Mob

Post by axlash »

Watw-Drums wrote:
[quote="Bodom J (2)"]Amadeus is a good film [/quote]
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

axlash wrote:
Watw-Drums wrote:
:lol: :tup:
Hungry Somalian
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Hungry Somalian »

warhead dime wrote:
axlash wrote:
Watw-Drums wrote:
:lol: :tup:
:lol: :lol: :lol: