new weapon in the arsenal

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

new weapon in the arsenal

Post by PABassPlayer »

1999 Gibson Thunderbird (the Fender Jazz Aerodyne is new too...a few weeks)

C'mon Bassphemy, even you have to drool a little bit.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
Dirty Sanchez
Waiter

Post by Dirty Sanchez »

am i supposed to be impressed or somethin

cause im really not
DFG-Bert joined the zoo, Rob is in suspended animation, Tim rejoined Hatred, Greg got hit by a train, and Mike is still staring at the screen going WTF?

vulgarstrength - i want a bed that destroys faggots

http://www.lospendejos.com/
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

I think Thunderbird body designs are one of the ugliest guitar designs ever made.

I'm not much for gear anymore. I want a Spector bass, though. Then my arsenal will be complete. I have my Rickenbacker but now I'm back to playing my ESP LTD 5 string. :shock:
Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

I just have a thing for US made guitars. Far superior to Chinese/Jap/Korean/Mex crap. Not that I'm bragging (or complaining)
but I have been around for a while and Fender/Gibson (US) are the real deal.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

Dirty Sanchez wrote:am i supposed to be impressed or somethin

cause im really not
I'm crushed!
You don't like my basses! I'm never coming back here. :lll:
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

PABassPlayer wrote:I just have a thing for US made guitars. Far superior to Chinese/Jap/Korean/Mex crap. Not that I'm bragging (or complaining)
I bet theres indonesian made LTDs that play better than your shitty Gibson.
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

thunderbirds are badass...I would've gone with black..but then you might be stomping on Nikki Sixx's nutz.
13steps
I will fuck you up

Post by 13steps »

it must really suck to play bass 'cause there are no cool looking bass guitars.
[quote="PhilCore"]er du behövande en rum - kompis? :)[/quote]
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

13steps wrote:it must really suck to play bass 'cause there are no cool looking bass guitars.
It depends on what your definition of "cool" is.
13steps
I will fuck you up

Post by 13steps »

Jefferino wrote:
13steps wrote:it must really suck to play bass 'cause there are no cool looking bass guitars.
not really, I mean, they're all so big and clumsy
[quote="PhilCore"]er du behövande en rum - kompis? :)[/quote]
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

13steps wrote:
Jefferino wrote:
not really, I mean, they're all so big and clumsy
Warwick's actually have a pretty small body to them...they weigh about 60 lbs, but .. :tup:
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

I had a Warwick Thumb for a while, great bass, just wasn't the "sound" I was looking for, and yes, it was like hanging a cinder block around your neck.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

PABassPlayer wrote:I had a Warwick Thumb for a while, great bass, just wasn't the "sound" I was looking for, and yes, it was like hanging a cinder block around your neck.
:lol: I played one for 4 years- I thought I was gonna have to have wrist surgery....so I started playing guitar.
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

you should have a 6 string just to look at
... You're killing me, Smalls.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

Wayne wrote:you should have a 6 string just to look at
I do have a cheap Squire Strat that I mess around with, if you meant a 6 string bass, look at it is about all I'd do, I don't need a high e-string
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

I forgot to say that I would also like a fretless bass. :shock:
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

the only fretless bass ive heard sounded pretty crappy...i guess it depends on what style your using it to play with.
Get killed.
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

Jefferino, have you even heard Steve Digiorgio :x
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

warhead dime wrote:Jefferino, have you even heard Steve Digiorgio :x
no i havent...

But I didnt mean in general...I mean in person..the only fretless I heard sucked, the kid probably didnt know what he was doing....
Get killed.
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

That's most likely what it was.

But Steve Digiorgio is/was the bassist for Death, Sadus and Testament. He plays fretless and he's fucking great. He's one of (if not) my favorite metal bassists.

Check out Death's Individual Thought Patterns, all of Sadus' albums, and Testament's The Gathering.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

warhead dime wrote:That's most likely what it was.

But Steve Digiorgio is/was the bassist for Death, Sadus and Testament. He plays fretless and he's fucking great. He's one of (if not) my favorite metal bassists.

Check out Death's Individual Thought Patterns, all of Sadus' albums, and Testament's The Gathering.
Will do :tup:

It could have been a number of things...doesnt a fretless have a lot less punch to it??
Get killed.
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

Stop talking faggot.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

BassPhemy wrote:Stop talking faggot.
Grow up pussy. Im probably better at the bass than you are...
Get killed.
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

There can only be one Worlds Greatest Bassist, and that would be me.
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

Jefferino wrote:

It could have been a number of things...doesnt a fretless have a lot less punch to it??
I wouldn't think so. You just have to be way more precise with finger placement on the fretboard. You have to get used to getting all the places where the sound resonates the loudest and most clearly.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

warhead dime wrote:
Jefferino wrote:

I wouldn't think so. You just have to be way more precise with finger placement on the fretboard. You have to get used to getting all the places where the sound resonates the loudest and most clearly.
If you can master the fretless bass, you definitely are the man :tup:
Get killed.
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

Steve Digiorgio is superman then :tup:
Sir Dan
Cowboy From Hell

Post by Sir Dan »

PABassPlayer wrote:I just have a thing for US made guitars. Far superior to Chinese/Jap/Korean/Mex crap. Not that I'm bragging (or complaining)
A pitty USA Gibson come with factory mistakes not too seldom, at least here.
Actually my V had.
And I think 1200€ is quite a prize for a guitar and should be working fine.

Looks nice, not too fond of this shape, but if you like it more power to you.
How could you describe the sound?
[img]http://70.84.190.115/6236/88/emo/eusa_think.gif[/img]
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

I like that acoustic bass you have your wall.

I hate the look and sound of Gibson basses. Other than an EB-0, I would never own one.

I don't have a dream bass. I suppose I wouldn't mind having a Thumb bass or a Rickenbacker. I like my Fender Jazz just fine. :)
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

Sir Dan wrote:
A pitty USA Gibson come with factory mistakes not too seldom, at least here.
Actually my V had.
And I think 1200€ is quite a prize for a guitar and should be working fine.

Looks nice, not too fond of this shape, but if you like it more power to you.
How could you describe the sound?
Only one t in pity...

This one seems to be flawless, it was made in 1999 and has been sitting in the store for 6 years, the only reason it caught my eye was because it was natural finish. Most are sunburst, tobacco burst, black or antique white. I owned a Nikki Blackbird for awhile and as Pfloyd said, I hated the sound and there where no pots to shape the sound, it went to the highest bidder on ebay, I bought a thumb bass with the cash I got from it. While I loved the Thumb bass, it played awesome, it really only had one kind of tone, and playing in a cover band I needed something more versatile. The Jazz basses definatly fit the bill.

As far as the T-bird sound, booming bottom end. I can't get the "smooth" sound I get from the Jazz basses out of it, but for heavy stuff that you want definate note clarity from it does the job, ie: The Sickness or Symphony of Destruction. It hangs kinda funny and is a bit headstock heavy, it probably won't be my "main player" , but will be a great back up piece, and I'll probably keep it in D tuning because of the "booming" bottom end.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

Sir Dan
Cowboy From Hell

Post by Sir Dan »

PABassPlayer wrote:Only one t in pity...
This one seems to be flawless, it was made in 1999 and has been sitting in the store for 6 years, the only reason it caught my eye was because it was natural finish. Most are sunburst, tobacco burst, black or antique white. I owned a Nikki Blackbird for awhile and as Pfloyd said, I hated the sound and there where no pots to shape the sound, it went to the highest bidder on ebay, I bought a thumb bass with the cash I got from it. While I loved the Thumb bass, it played awesome, it really only had one kind of tone, and playing in a cover band I needed something more versatile. The Jazz basses definatly fit the bill.

As far as the T-bird sound, booming bottom end. I can't get the "smooth" sound I get from the Jazz basses out of it, but for heavy stuff that you want definate note clarity from it does the job, ie: The Sickness or Symphony of Destruction. It hangs kinda funny and is a bit headstock heavy, it probably won't be my "main player" , but will be a great back up piece, and I'll probably keep it in D tuning because of the "booming" bottom end.
I see.

OH you're a natural finish fan?

Sounds cool, I never could give this kind of bass a sound out of my imagination.
[img]http://70.84.190.115/6236/88/emo/eusa_think.gif[/img]
The Doctor
I <3 Grannies

Post by The Doctor »

I love Gibson... superiour to all.

But just so you all know, the only difference between a 500 dollar Korean made guitar, and the 1000 dollar American version is that the USA made version got some extra attention at the hands of a professional luthier. You can make a Korean made guitar just as good as a USA made if you take it to a shop and have a pro-setup done on it.

I know this to be fact. When I was 17 I had a Korean made Fender Stratocaster and did just that to it. It played and sounded just as good as a USA made.
Ezekiel 23:20
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

The Doctor wrote:I love Gibson... superiour to all.

But just so you all know, the only difference between a 500 dollar Korean made guitar, and the 1000 dollar American version is that the USA made version got some extra attention at the hands of a professional luthier. You can make a Korean made guitar just as good as a USA made if you take it to a shop and have a pro-setup done on it.

I know this to be fact. When I was 17 I had a Korean made Fender Stratocaster and did just that to it. It played and sounded just as good as a USA made.
thats great for a "daily player", but if you want something that will definatly appreciate in cost, that will never happen with a foreign made axe. I've never see a 60 to 80,000.00 Epiphone, but have seen some US Gibsons in that range. You keep a US Fender or Gibson in good shape and in 20 years it's worth 5 times what you paid. I am far from a collector, but have a few friends that are and I ususally buy on there advice.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

PABassPlayer wrote:
The Doctor wrote:I love Gibson... superiour to all.

thats great for a "daily player", but if you want something that will definatly appreciate in cost, that will never happen with a foreign made axe. I've never see a 60 to 80,000.00 Epiphone, but have seen some US Gibsons in that range. You keep a US Fender or Gibson in good shape and in 20 years it's worth 5 times what you paid. I am far from a collector, but have a few friends that are and I ususally buy on there advice.
Bah, musical instruments will be like baseball card soon enough. Once everyone starts collecting them, they'll never be worth shit.

I buy instruments to play them. I don't care about value appreciation.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
Maelstrom
Bukkake Master

Post by Maelstrom »

I don't like it.

I'd get this one if I could afford it: :lol:

Kevin James derp de derp. Derp de derpity derpee derp. Until one day aderp aderp aderp. Derp de derp, ta teetley tum. From the creators of Der, and Tum Ta Tittaly Tum Ta Too, Kevin James is Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb. Rated PG-13.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

Maelstrom wrote:I don't like it.

owned a Steinberger, they are crap.

Pfloyd wrote: Bah, musical instruments will be like baseball card soon enough. Once everyone starts collecting them, they'll never be worth shit.

I buy instruments to play them. I don't care about value appreciation.

I play them all, but I don't abuse them, and yeah, you never know what will become a collectable, but a 30 year old Fender or Gibson are worth a good chunk of change, and sometimes used and worn raises the value.
I currently have my eye on a '68 Fender P, it's outragously priced, but if you got the money, well....you know.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

Maelstrom wrote:I don't like it.

Okay GEDDY! :roll:
Get killed.
Grimlock
Russian Roulette

Post by Grimlock »

I like Aerodynes.
I'm a Sadowsky fan myself, I want one.
You have exercised utmost discernment, far beyond that of the layman.
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

eat my ass bassphemy
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

Spectors are nice