NHL offseason

The place to talk about all of Pantera's side bands! Down, SJR, Gasoline, etc...
Avulsed
Lynch Mob

Post by Avulsed »

He got into a fight this year, which is more than you can say about most of the players in the league, and he delivered quite a few big hits.
Q&A: Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn?

Cro Cop: Yes

[quote="Neural Implosion"] I'm just a grindcore musician out there trying to make it[/quote]
FUBAR
Grass God

Post by FUBAR »

Avulsed wrote:He got into a fight this year, which is more than you can say about most of the players in the league, and he delivered quite a few big hits.
yeah. I loved him when he was healthy, he doesnt stay healthy though.
Captain Blackout
[quote="Wayne"]fubes does nothing but kick ass and cut grass[/quote]
Go Leafs Go
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

everyone can relax because TSN is reporting that the deal ISN'T done yet, and i just looked on the Stars website and dont see anything. im still sticking to what i said before about Lindros' agent trying to squeeze a bit more out of the Leafs.
nitrofuel
Vulgar Bastard

Post by nitrofuel »

damn axlash you are right. what the hell was i thinking he would be on the same line as modano. will see if the deal gets done or not. he will be hurt by the end of the 1st month
the_clansman
I will fuck you up

Post by the_clansman »

Modano and Lindros are both past their prime anyway.
[quote="Mitch"]People say "Man, you don't know how hard it is to quit cigarettes." Yes I do. It's as hard as it is to start flossing:[/quote]
[quote="Neon Doll"]all vulvas are beautiful! and if they ain't, smash her back door in.[/quote]
Avulsed
Lynch Mob

Post by Avulsed »

nitrofuel wrote:damn axlash you are right. what the hell was i thinking he would be on the same line as modano. will see if the deal gets done or not. he will be hurt by the end of the 1st month
God you are so fucking stupid. Ax Lindros said he would be comfortable being a winger with Sundin though.

[quote="Neural Implosion"] I'm just a grindcore musician out there trying to make it[/quote]
CP
Crazy Canuck

Post by CP »

I thought it was good that the Leafs got Lindros, but really, he's going to just have to retire again soon. He's too brittle.
nitrofuel
Vulgar Bastard

Post by nitrofuel »

Lindros' head is soft as sponge. if he gets one more good knock on it he will have to retire. what has he had 6 good concussions? the brain can not take much more than that.
axlash
Lynch Mob

Post by axlash »

it's really sad that him and forsberg are so injury prone. Both should have been legends.
[quote="Bodom J (2)"]Amadeus is a good film [/quote]
CP
Crazy Canuck

Post by CP »

I think Forsberg will be considered a legend anyway - but for Lindros, he'll always have that "what-could-have-been" factor.
nitrofuel
Vulgar Bastard

Post by nitrofuel »

i believe forsberg is getting ready to have surgery again on one of his ankles. they say he should be ready for camp, but hell how many more surgeries is this dude gonna have?
axlash
Lynch Mob

Post by axlash »

forsberg will be a legend in sweden, but I'll always remember him as the guy who led the league in scoring every year he was healthy.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

axlash wrote:forsberg will be a legend in sweden, but I'll always remember him as the guy who led the league in scoring every year he was healthy.
:x

Dude, I think the Avalanche front office is falling to pieces. Our team is in complete disarray. I think Sakic & Hedjuk are the only remaining members of the Stanley Cup years.
Get killed.
CP
Crazy Canuck

Post by CP »

axlash wrote:forsberg will be a legend in sweden, but I'll always remember him as the guy who led the league in scoring every year he was healthy.
Well, I'd probably settle for that. Most people don't have that status!
Three Second Doom
Hail Dimebag

Post by Three Second Doom »

I'm glad that Forsberg is coming back early, but I'd rather have him take more time off and be in better health. Hopefully he'll be as close to healthy as he can be when he returns. His health and the negotiations between Clark and Gagne were worrying me, but it seems both situations are being worked out. :tup:
axlash
Lynch Mob

Post by axlash »

clarke would be a moron to let gange go. If philly is gonna be making a cup run, it's CRUCIAL that primeau, gange, forsberg, and hatcher are all in top health...not to mention they'll need to put more confidence in their goalie.
Three Second Doom
Hail Dimebag

Post by Three Second Doom »

Yep, I'd like to see them start Niity too, not sure how that will work out though. :tup: :tdown:
nitrofuel
Vulgar Bastard

Post by nitrofuel »

i myself am worried about the stars. goalie can't win in the playoffs and they are bringing back players from when they won the cup and then are planning on signing lindros who can not stay healthy. not good
axlash
Lynch Mob

Post by axlash »

i'm very content with the moves the rangers have made and the restraint sather has shown. I would have liked to see chara or redden here, but shanny, cullen, and ward are hard working north american winners, and this team badly lacked that last season. It should be a good year.
nitrofuel
Vulgar Bastard

Post by nitrofuel »

well it is official, lindros signed the one yr deal with the stars
Avulsed
Lynch Mob

Post by Avulsed »

Lindros hasn't had a concussion in 3 years :zzz: he skates with his head up now.

CP
Crazy Canuck

Post by CP »

Avulsed wrote:Lindros hasn't had a concussion in 3 years :zzz: he skates with his head up now.
Yeah, but he hasn't been healthy.
Avulsed
Lynch Mob

Post by Avulsed »

That wrist injury could have easily happened to anyone. He was slashed was he not? He usually gets slack for having a soft head and skating with his head down like an idiot.

nitrofuel
Vulgar Bastard

Post by nitrofuel »

i still don't think his wrist has healed completely. he said something to the effect of i could not take a slap shot at this moment but should be ready for the beginning of the season. we will see. i give him about 55 games this season.
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

before the wrist was the shoulder injury

bring on Carter and Peca :tup:
Avulsed
Lynch Mob

Post by Avulsed »

Carter would be a flop if he came to Toronto. Maybe if they slap the nig alongisde Sundin, he'd score 30 goals again since almost everyone plays their best hockey alongside the great swede. Im kinda undecided with Mike Peca since his last season was kind of shit. I just hope we sign somebody. Go Stars/Leafs :tup:

the_clansman
I will fuck you up

Post by the_clansman »

I know this is off topic, but I hope Sindey Crosby has a severe concussion sometime this season.
[quote="Mitch"]People say "Man, you don't know how hard it is to quit cigarettes." Yes I do. It's as hard as it is to start flossing:[/quote]
[quote="Neon Doll"]all vulvas are beautiful! and if they ain't, smash her back door in.[/quote]
Avulsed
Lynch Mob

Post by Avulsed »

Awesome, a fellow Canadian who hates him as much as I do :tup:

the_clansman
I will fuck you up

Post by the_clansman »

It's ridiculous, i go to school in the maritimes they worship him like hes god. He whines too mcuh and I'm tired of seeing him score a shitty garbage goal and getting on every highlight reel. Every night he plays they have the obligatory "sidney crosby" watch. Fuck him, overrated shithead.

Rant Over.
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

i just hate how much he whines. he is a good player
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

its no different than when Gretzky started. once he matures more, i think he will be more likable. i want to like the guy, but goddamn you guys are right about him being a whiner.
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

Peca met with the Leafs today :tup:
axlash
Lynch Mob

Post by axlash »

the_clansman wrote:I'm tired of seeing him score a shitty garbage goal .
that's just wrong. The kid scored some of the most highlight reel worthy goals last year, and honestly, I was always more impressed with how he was able to get himself into a great scoring position 4,5 times a game. THAT reminds me of gretzky. He is a great player.
the_clansman
I will fuck you up

Post by the_clansman »

axlash wrote:
the_clansman wrote:I'm tired of seeing him score a shitty garbage goal .
that's just wrong. The kid scored some of the most highlight reel worthy goals last year, and honestly, I was always more impressed with how he was able to get himself into a great scoring position 4,5 times a game. THAT reminds me of gretzky. He is a great player.
agreed, but it just seemed to me like everytime i watched highlights they had to squeeze at least one crosby highlight in. I remember his first goal in the NHL, which was a garbage goal, was on every highlight reel for a week. I guess im just sick of the hype, hopefully it won't be as bad this year. he is a good player and all, the hype and his whining just got to me.
Avulsed
Lynch Mob

Post by Avulsed »

Yeah, here in Toronto when they covered the hockey game, they spent the majority of the article talking about his one assist.

FUBAR
Grass God

Post by FUBAR »

Don't you hate when you talk nothing but shit about a player then he ends up on your team? I wonder if Tucker and Peca will get along.
Captain Blackout
[quote="Wayne"]fubes does nothing but kick ass and cut grass[/quote]
Go Leafs Go
axlash
Lynch Mob

Post by axlash »

2.5 mil for one year is pretty reasonable, and yeah that's why I'm glad Arnott, Elias, or JR ended up in nyc.
Avulsed
Lynch Mob

Post by Avulsed »

This season will be very cool.

CP
Crazy Canuck

Post by CP »

I usually have high hopes for the Leafs, and then they dash them. Now I'm just hoping they make the playoffs.
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

i didn't have any expectations for them before the last season started.

im kinda looking forward this yr tho