Post your Dimebag guitar.

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post your Dimebag guitar.

Post by croninburg »

I know a few other people own one.

Got it second hand for £180. I have no idea why the truss cover is printed upside down, crazy fucking chinks. The gay skull sticker was put on by the previous owner. One day I'm going to replace the crappy licensed Floyd with a better unit, and maybe get the trem cavity routed a bit deeper becasue it's really shallow. Share your beauties :aargh:
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

Washburn Stealth > ANYTHING made by Dean
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

It's the cheapo Chinese version, but it does look fucking cool :aargh:

I don't really like the finishes on any of the Deans apart from the FBD tribute which is awesome. The others just look a bit cheap and shitty in the flesh (I haven't seen the Razorbacks though).
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

this isn't mine, but my guitar players, it is an ST3 prototype. When we contacted Washburn with the serial # they confirmed
it is one of the first that Washburn did prior to Dimes diamond plate that you see in pics with DAMAGEPLAN written in the fret board. If you note there are no fret markers on the neck, because it was supposed to be the same.
EDIT: Washburn has sent him a "prototype certificate of authenticity"

He also has 2 Dime Bolts, one in E flat and one in D flat

a Red Dean ML with all gold hardware, very cool!

and although not a Dime, a very sweet Jackson Rhodes, black on black with gold pin stripes.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
7Dime7MetalMassacre
I will fuck you up

Post by 7Dime7MetalMassacre »

PABassPlayer wrote:this isn't mine, but my guitar players, it is an ST3 prototype. When we contacted Washburn with the serial # they confirmed
it is one of the first that Washburn did prior to Dimes diamond plate that you see in pics with DAMAGEPLAN written in the fret board. If you note there are no fret markers on the neck, because it was supposed to be the same.
EDIT: Washburn has sent him a "prototype certificate of authenticity"

He also has 2 Dime Bolts, one in E flat and one in D flat

a Red Dean ML with all gold hardware, very cool!

and although not a Dime, a very sweet Jackson Rhodes, black on black with gold pin stripes.
Those Dime Guitars are fucking awesome! I would love to own one! But seriously, Hes trying too hard to be Dime! That fucking goatee , long hair camo pants and dime guitars.....give me a fucking break. Tell him to find his own fucking image, fucking poser :fu: :fag: :jew:
Suck me
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

At first glance i thought that was Skull-Dragon.
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

7Dime7Metal7homo, feel free to stop posting anyday.
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

Aeon wrote:7Dime7Metal7homo, feel free to stop posting anyday.
For all our sakes.
axlash wrote:black people kind of like me.
Mad Muir wrote:that would be awesome if the dog took a shit but the condom was stuck to its butthole lips and it blew a big 'ol turd balloon
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

7Dime7MetalMassacre wrote:
Those Dime Guitars are fucking awesome! I would love to own one! But seriously, Hes trying too hard to be Dime! That fucking goatee , long hair camo pants and dime guitars.....give me a fucking break. Tell him to find his own fucking image, fucking poser :fu: :fag: :jew:
Holy shit and he's in a cover band playing other peoples music!
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
7Dime7MetalMassacre
I will fuck you up

My post are fucking reality. Any you can't handle it
Suck me
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

7Dime7MetalMassacre wrote:My post are fucking terrible. Any you can't handle it
Agreed.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

7Dime7MetalMassacre wrote:My post are fucking reality. Any you can't handle it
your right, I can't handle it.
how do you live with yourself?
I mean the awesomness that is you.
I bow at your feet!!!!!

oh, and go fuck yourself! :tup:
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

WANT AD:
Guitar Player that likes Dimbag needs image.
Will pay top dollar for a James Hetfield or David Hasselhoff image.
Will accept a Phil Anselmo as long as it's still in good shape.
Glenn Danzig images need not apply.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

PABassPlayer wrote:

WANT AD:
Hasselhoff is going for 270 thousand and vocal imitation lessons
Anselmo- 94 thousand plus a bottle of oxycontin.
Hetfield-14 thousand and a few "Ooh Yeah!"s
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

I know a guy that shreds named Jerry Springer, he also has a late night childrens show. Want his number?

TK Funfact- He got his first break at a GWAR show.
7Dime7MetalMassacre
I will fuck you up

PABassPlayer wrote:

WANT AD:
Your gayness is unbearable
Suck me
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

7Dime7MetalMassacre wrote: Those Dime Guitars are fucking awesome! I would love to own one! But seriously, Hes trying too hard to be Dime! That fucking goatee , long hair camo pants and dime guitars.....give me a fucking break. Tell him to find his own fucking image, fucking poser :fu: :fag: :jew:
Either that or he just loves the guitars?

My main guitar in my band is a Dean ML 79. Although he is one of my favorite guitarists, I play the guitar because I love the feel of the neck, and I like bigger guitar bodies that don't have too much weight. Another part about it that I like is that the body cut outs on the side of the guitar get pretty close to the strings, which makes it easy to play standing up without having the guitar strapped relatively high. Also, the guitar is very comfortable to play sitting down if you put your right leg in between the bottom fins.

So as I said, he is one of my favorite guitarists, but I just love the feel and tone of the guitar, I'm not trying to rip him off. Although, since it is something instantly recognizable as his guitar, I can understand why people think I'm just trying to be like him, even when that's not the case.
7Dime7MetalMassacre
I will fuck you up

warhead dime wrote:
7Dime7MetalMassacre wrote: Those Dime Guitars are fucking awesome! I would love to own one! But seriously, Hes trying too hard to be Dime! That fucking goatee , long hair camo pants and dime guitars.....give me a fucking break. Tell him to find his own fucking image, fucking poser :fu: :fag: :jew:
Either that or he just loves the guitars?

My main guitar in my band is a Dean ML 79. Although he is one of my favorite guitarists, I play the guitar because I love the feel of the neck, and I like bigger guitar bodies that don't have too much weight. Another part about it that I like is that the body cut outs on the side of the guitar get pretty close to the strings, which makes it easy to play standing up without having the guitar strapped relatively high. Also, the guitar is very comfortable to play sitting down if you put your right leg in between the bottom fins.

So as I said, he is one of my favorite guitarists, but I just love the feel and tone of the guitar, I'm not trying to rip him off. Although, since it is something instantly recognizable as his guitar, I can understand why people think I'm just trying to be like him, even when that's not the case.
Well, really man, i play a jackson Dxmg, and its is not that comfortable to play standing up as far as holding it, but the action is great on it, so i keep playing it. Its hard to play leads high up on the neck standing up too but that is the price i have to pay for being poor :tdown:
Suck me
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

7Dime7MetalMassacre wrote: Well, really man, i play a jackson Dxmg, and its is not that comfortable to play standing up as far as holding it, but the action is great on it, so i keep playing it. Its hard to play leads high up on the neck standing up too but that is the price i have to pay for being poor :tdown:
Yeah the "strat" style bodies are fine, but playing them standing up doesn't feel that great to me. I have a Schecter 7 string that I use in a progressive death metal side project and it gets a little uncomfortable to me.

With V and ML shapes, it's way easier for your right hand to access the strings because you don't have to reach around the body to get there. The forearm that's right next to your wrist wrests quite comfortably on the body :tup:

For my Dean ML, I only paid 475 for it; I think it's like 600-700 retail.
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

Brett, How heavy would you say the ML is compared to a les paul?
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

TK wrote:Brett, How heavy would you say the ML is compared to a les paul?
Well a Les Paul makes my shoulder sore possibly cuz I'm not used to carrying that much weight on my shoulders for an extended amount of time. With an ML, it doesn't really happen.

One of the MLs I have is REALLY light, and probably weighs like 9-10 pounds, tops. My main ML (one with floyd rose) is probably like 12-13 pounds, I guess.
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

I used to play a washburn 333 in dimeslime when I was in a pantera tribute band.

Then I decided dimebag guitars where for dimebag and noone else. So now I play this:

Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

Nice Ibby.
7Dime7MetalMassacre
I will fuck you up

weonlywonfiveone wrote:I used to play a washburn 333 in dimeslime when I was in a pantera tribute band.

Then I decided dimebag guitars where for dimebag and noone else. So now I play this:

Good decision man, i feel the same way, retire that axe with it's fucking master!!!!!!DIMEBAG!!!!! No One Else. I don't like the way your guitar looks but i bet its a smoker :tup:
Suck me
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

My main guitar is a telecaster, the dime is as much a piece of Pantera merch to me as it is a musical instrument.
Bukkake Tsunami
Master Blumpkin

Post by Bukkake Tsunami »

:aargh: GRIM :aargh:
Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

Nice pentagram on the body.
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

croninburg wrote:My main guitar is a telecaster, the dime is as much a piece of Pantera merch to me as it is a musical instrument.
It's not like that all with my Dean. It might be partly that his name isn't anywhere on the body and that it isn't a signature model, but it doesn't feel like merchandise to me.
Firestorm
Mouth For War

Post by Firestorm »

Aeon wrote:Nice pentagram on the body.
lolz
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

warhead dime wrote:
croninburg wrote:My main guitar is a telecaster, the dime is as much a piece of Pantera merch to me as it is a musical instrument.
It's not like that all with my Dean. It might be partly that his name isn't anywhere on the body and that it isn't a signature model, but it doesn't feel like merchandise to me.
I only really use mine when I want to play some Pantera. If it was one of the top end ones then I'd probably use it more.
13steps
I will fuck you up

Post by 13steps »

signed by him and all :cool:
[quote="PhilCore"]er du behövande en rum - kompis? :)[/quote]
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Nice, you lucky fucker. Did you buy it signed by any chance?
DimmuBorgir
Creampuff

Post by DimmuBorgir »

Nice pentagram on the body.
:lol:
13steps
I will fuck you up

Post by 13steps »

croninburg wrote:Nice, you lucky fucker. Did you buy it signed by any chance?
unfortunetly, yes. still love it tho.
[quote="PhilCore"]er du behövande en rum - kompis? :)[/quote]
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

croninburg wrote:
warhead dime wrote:
I only really use mine when I want to play some Pantera. If it was one of the top end ones then I'd probably use it more.
I actually had a Washburn for a while. It was the 333 Dimebolt. I didn't like it so I sold it on eBay. When I had THAT guitar, it felt like merchandise. But mine really doesn't. I don't even think of it like that.
The Poacher Diaries
Cowboy From Hell

Post by The Poacher Diaries »

The cemetary called, they want Dime's image back
I hope you hear me coming, I hope you turn your head
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

here's a video of me playing mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMjVzIUJAe4
check the legs, ladies.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
axlash
Lynch Mob

Post by axlash »

DBS wrote:here's a video of me playing mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMjVzIUJAe4
check the legs, ladies.
there's no bitches in this thread. Not bad though.
[quote="Bodom J (2)"]Amadeus is a good film [/quote]
Revolver
Lynch Mob

Post by Revolver »

Good, well done :tup:
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... D22646E85A'

Here's a sort of sloppy version of something I wrote and recorded on my ML