Dimebag, what randall amps did he really use?

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
DevilsEve666
Creampuff

Dimebag, what randall amps did he really use?

Post by DevilsEve666 »

Just found this picture online @ http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/ ... imerig.gif

Someone said this was from damageplan, but i doubt it he still using washburn in the pic, but in his rack in this photo he has several randall heads, and they aren't warheads, and they're not the old rg-100's, they look newer though, anyone know which amp these are???
7Dime7MetalMassacre
I will fuck you up

Post by 7Dime7MetalMassacre »

Probablly the fucking G2. Pretty fucking killer head
Suck me
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

He used many different models thru out his career.
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Re: Dimebag, what randall amps did he really use?

Post by Aeon »

DevilsEve666 wrote:Just found this picture online @ http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/ ... imerig.gif

Someone said this was from damageplan, but i doubt it he still using washburn in the pic, but in his rack in this photo he has several randall heads, and they aren't warheads, and they're not the old rg-100's, they look newer though, anyone know which amp these are???
You didn't become a fan until after he died, right?
DevilsEve666
Creampuff

Post by DevilsEve666 »

What are you trying to imply by that statement exactly.....and by the way Aeon, I have been a fan since I got FBD, and i have seen them live 4 times fuckface, (lemme guess you've been a fan since power metal....oops you got me beat, you must be the bigger fan...damn) i just don't live on the internet like you do, but i have been coming to this site for years for info, i just don't post....you probably think he actually used krank amps too don't you?
Dimejandro
I will fuck you up

Post by Dimejandro »

haha this guy gets offended wayyy too easily
Pickled fetus worshipped
Divine Mongoloid
Was fucked in Effigy
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

:lll:
Dirty Sanchez
Waiter

Post by Dirty Sanchez »

DevilsEve666 wrote:What are you trying to imply by that statement exactly.....and by the way Aeon, I have been a fan since I got FBD, and i have seen them live 4 times fuckface, (lemme guess you've been a fan since power metal....oops you got me beat, you must be the bigger fan...damn) i just don't live on the internet like you do, but i have been coming to this site for years for info, i just don't post....you probably think he actually used krank amps too don't you?
:lol: :lol:
DFG-Bert joined the zoo, Rob is in suspended animation, Tim rejoined Hatred, Greg got hit by a train, and Mike is still staring at the screen going WTF?

vulgarstrength - i want a bed that destroys faggots

http://www.lospendejos.com/
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

Dime did use krank amps. When he was using the revolutions i thought his tone was complete shit. The modified ones and the frankenstien ones he was using sounded pretty good.

Kranks need a good overdrive to push the distortion to the max.
jimmysux
Vulgar Bastard

Post by jimmysux »

TK wrote:Dime did use krank amps. When he was using the revolutions i thought his tone was complete shit. The modified ones and the frankenstien ones he was using sounded pretty good.

Hah yeah, I laughed at that too. He did use krank amps. Way overpriced those amps. Anyway, Early he used randalls gutted with marshall JCM 800's in there. Randall found out about it and finally changed their amps for him. So on to the Randall's he used. I have no fucking clue. Then he had the warhead from randall, then after that, krank's I believe. I don't know fucking model or tube numbers though. :killjew:
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

DevilsEve666 wrote:Just found this picture online @ http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/ ... imerig.gif

He used Washburn for a while in Damageplan and then switched to Dean's like midway through.
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

warhead dime wrote:

He used Washburn for a while in Damageplan and then switched to Dean's like midway through.
*switched to Deans 1 1/2 months before he died.
Cornholious Boonester
Hail Dimebag

Post by Cornholious Boonester »

Dirty Sanchez wrote:
DevilsEve666 wrote:What are you trying to imply by that statement exactly.....and by the way Aeon, I have been a fan since I got FBD, and i have seen them live 4 times fuckface, (lemme guess you've been a fan since power metal....oops you got me beat, you must be the bigger fan...damn) i just don't live on the internet like you do, but i have been coming to this site for years for info, i just don't post....you probably think he actually used krank amps too don't you?
:lol: :lol:
[quote="A.C. Slater"][color=violet]punches the absolute fucking shit out of the locker[/color][/quote]
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

it is a Damage Plan pic, you can see *****E Plan on the side of the road case.

And yes he was still using Washburns at the beginning of DP, and was closing the deal with Dean during the tour. Same with Randall, then switching to Krank.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

the one on the bottom left looks like an Warhead X2...doesnt look like the silver faced one's they released, maybe a prototype..who knows.
Get killed.
masterdebradwick
Creampuff

Post by masterdebradwick »

I heard he used a bunch of different heads also. I'd imagine he did because I played every version of the warhead amps and I guess he needed other shit to get the "damage" tone. I heard in an interview somewhere that he tried different amps and guitars and shit, but he had to go back to randall, so I guess he just used what sounded right. Sounded right to me that's for sure!
-BRADWICK
masterdebradwick
Creampuff

Post by masterdebradwick »

I heard he used a bunch of different heads also. I'd imagine he did because I played every version of the warhead amps and I guess he needed other shit to get the "damage" tone. I heard in an interview somewhere that he tried different amps and guitars and shit, but he had to go back to randall, so I guess he just used what sounded right. Sounded right to me that's for sure!
-BRADWICK
Chaosphere
Creampuff

Post by Chaosphere »

The old carpeted RG100's for CFH and TGSTK
Century 200's for VDOP and FBD
Warheads for RTS

More:
http://membres.lycos.fr/cedpant/guitar.html
I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity -- Edgar Allan Poe
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

I'll tell you one thing about Randall....THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE FUCKING SUCKS! I got 2 RH250G2's straight out of the box that didnt work. The replacement head had power problems, sent it in for repair, they didn't fix it. Their guitar techs are a bunch of fuckin braindead morons. So they sent me a RH300G3, which seems alright, but when they designed it I think they forgot what treble was. Oh anyway, what are we talking about?
Get killed.
Dimejandro
I will fuck you up

Post by Dimejandro »

dimebag used engl's... duuuh.
Pickled fetus worshipped
Divine Mongoloid
Was fucked in Effigy
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

Jefferino wrote:I'll tell you one thing about Randall....THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE FUCKING SUCKS! I got 2 RH250G2's straight out of the box that didnt work. The replacement head had power problems, sent it in for repair, they didn't fix it. Their guitar techs are a bunch of fuckin braindead morons.
Que to Carlos Mencia- DE DE DEE!
Fantomas
Tooth Fairy

Post by Fantomas »

homosexual
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

TK wrote:
Jefferino wrote:I'll tell you one thing about Randall....THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE FUCKING SUCKS! I got 2 RH250G2's straight out of the box that didnt work. The replacement head had power problems, sent it in for repair, they didn't fix it. Their guitar techs are a bunch of fuckin braindead morons.
Get killed.
Sir Dan
Cowboy From Hell

Post by Sir Dan »

TK wrote:Dime did use krank amps. When he was using the revolutions i thought his tone was complete shit. The modified ones and the frankenstien ones he was using sounded pretty good.

The Krankenstein? I have a vid of the dime signature model...it's yeah...
anty
I will fuck you up

Post by anty »

Jefferino wrote:
TK wrote:
SILVER SPOONS
"What do these deer think when they see you coming?"

only interested in three things: the best place to eat, having sex and how quickly they can run away. Much like the French."
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

Post by Balls On Parade »

Chaosphere wrote:The old carpeted RG100's for CFH and TGSTK
Century 200's for VDOP and FBD
Warheads for RTS
this is correct
policeman: are you alright?
Rainbow Randolph: I'm a little fucked up in general, so it's kind of hard to gauge!
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

I bet he never used the Warheads.
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

dead forever wrote:I bet he never used the Warheads.
A lot of people seem to think so, but I guess I just dont see the logic in Randall & Dimebag sitting down to design an AMP....and Dimebag basically saying "fuck this amp"...A lot of people also seem to think they are shitty amps, but if you play it through its designed cabinet setup (4x12's / 2x15's) it will peel your eyelids back. And thats just the stock amp, no pre/post loop EQ's or effects.

He definately used the X2's
Get killed.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

The X2's are infinitely better though, Dime designed a distortion pedal, but he never used that. He also continued to record albums with his Deans when he was being handed 100 of Washburns, so that argument is kind of dumb.
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

dead forever wrote:The X2's are infinitely better though, Dime designed a distortion pedal, but he never used that. He also continued to record albums with his Deans when he was being handed 100 of Washburns, so that argument is kind of dumb.
Its not too dumb if you think about it. Dime gave the image that he didnt just 'put his name on anything' and when you see a wall of Warhead stacks on the RTS Tour, it just boils him down to being a endorsement whore. Not too mention my previous argument that the amps kick ass, have you ever played through one?

edit- Just another thought, if you had a chance to work with an amp company to design an amp to your specifications...why wouldn't you use it?
Get killed.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Jefferino wrote:
dead forever wrote:The X2's are infinitely better though, Dime designed a distortion pedal, but he never used that. He also continued to record albums with his Deans when he was being handed 100 of Washburns, so that argument is kind of dumb.
Its not too dumb if you think about it. Dime gave the image that he didnt just 'put his name on anything' and when you see a wall of Warhead stacks on the RTS Tour, it just boils him down to being a endorsement whore. Not too mention my previous argument that the amps kick ass, have you ever played through one?

edit- Just another thought, if you had a chance to work with an amp company to design an amp to your specifications...why wouldn't you use it?

I have played the original warhead and the X2. The original sucks dick, the X2 is an excellent amp. The wall of Amps is well known to be a dummy rig, so whats your point? Darrell has also said in interviews he was embarassed by the product Washburn was putting out with his name on it,that may have been the case with his Randalls too. Think about it, why would he shift to some unknown company (Krank) from a well established one, unless the amps fucking sucked.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

Think about it, why would he shift to some unknown company (Krank) from a well established one, unless the amps fucking sucked.
Well my speculation on that has a lot to do with the Pantera split. I think he was under endorsement contracts with Randall and Washburn, and the Pantera name, attatched to Dime's likeness and music is what was being 'endorsed'. Im not saying they dropped him but I just find it a bit ironic that he switched right around the birth of Damageplan. He used Randall amps for almost 20 years...if they sucked so bad he would've switched much sooner.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on the Warhead thing..if you have an interview I'd love to read it..because we'll obviously never see eye to eye on that...Since my opinion doesnt matter too much, ill just throw this out there....Ive seen the original Warhead stack, (4x12's- 2x15's) squash: Mesa Boogie, Marshall, Crate, and late model Randall amps (250G2 and 300G3). What makes it good, IMO is the power, the master volume can be on 2, equalized correctly and it makes your face melt. Clean tones are iffy but...whatever I guess...agree to disagree. I had this debate here months ago, and everyone seems to agree it sucks, but I dont. :tup:
Get killed.
LEATHERFACE
Far Beyond Driven

Post by LEATHERFACE »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOLC61D ... 0interview

i have not got time to re-watch but i think this was the one when he said why he switched
LEATHERFACE IS COMING TO GET YA !!!!!!!!
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

LEATHERFACE wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOLC61D ... 0interview

i have not got time to re-watch but i think this was the one when he said why he switched
Cool interview...but didn't explain anything.
Get killed.
LEATHERFACE
Far Beyond Driven

Post by LEATHERFACE »

sometime on something he said it was that he never played tubes and he wanted to i think that was the correct way around
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

LEATHERFACE wrote:sometime on something he said it was that he never played tubes and he wanted to i think that was the correct way around
STFU
Get killed.
LEATHERFACE
Far Beyond Driven

Post by LEATHERFACE »

what did i do ?
Firestorm
Mouth For War

Post by Firestorm »

everything
lolz
LEATHERFACE
Far Beyond Driven

Post by LEATHERFACE »

o..k
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

LEATHERFACE wrote:what did i do ?
You tryed way too hard to formulate a thought that went absolutely nowhere.
Get killed.