Guitar Hero

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
seriousheavymetaller
Vulgar Bastard

Guitar Hero

Post by seriousheavymetaller »

I don't actually play guitar for real, but this is more musically related than anything else. I'm talking about Guitar Hero for PS2. Anyone else have this game.

It's easy to pick up (even if like me you have no idea how to play a real guitar) but nearly impossible to master (although those that have played before, will find it a lot easier I bet.)

You get a plastic guitar peripharal with five neato bright coloured 'fret buttons' and a whammy bar for some cool distortion effects, plus you get some kick-ass stickers to 'customise' your 'axe.'

I wouldn't say I was good at it, far from it. I've beat all of easy and medium and will reach the final tier on Hard once I beat Crossroads. Oh well.

There's a good selection of classic rock and metal tunes and a couple of punk and pop-punk songs too, but any song is fun to play and gives you a sense of acomplisment when you beat a tough one.

Does anyone else have this game? How far have you got in the game?
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

get some real friends, get a real guitar, make some real music.
sitting at home playing "video rockstar" is a very sad existence.
I'm not an "end yourself" kinda guy, but you really should get yourself a life.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
7Dime7MetalMassacre
I will fuck you up

Post by 7Dime7MetalMassacre »

:fu: Fucking Die
Suck me
BaptizedBurning
I will fuck you up

Post by BaptizedBurning »

it's pretty fun.
"When I die and see god, I'm gonna say...shit..."
Cornholious Boonester
Hail Dimebag

Re: Guitar Hero

Post by Cornholious Boonester »

seriousheavymetaller wrote:I don't actually play guitar for real, but this is more musically related than anything else. I'm talking about Guitar Hero for PS2. Anyone else have this game.

It's easy to pick up (even if like me you have no idea how to play a real guitar) but nearly impossible to master (although those that have played before, will find it a lot easier I bet.)

You get a plastic guitar peripharal with five neato bright coloured 'fret buttons' and a whammy bar for some cool distortion effects, plus you get some kick-ass stickers to 'customise' your 'axe.'

I wouldn't say I was good at it, far from it. I've beat all of easy and medium and will reach the final tier on Hard once I beat Crossroads. Oh well.

There's a good selection of classic rock and metal tunes and a couple of punk and pop-punk songs too, but any song is fun to play and gives you a sense of acomplisment when you beat a tough one.

Are you some kind of EB Games Bot or something?
[quote="A.C. Slater"][color=violet]punches the absolute fucking shit out of the locker[/color][/quote]
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

seriousheavymetaller wrote:I don't actually play guitar for real, but this is more musically related than anything else. I'm talking about Guitar Hero for PS2. Anyone else have this game.

Get lost faggot.
The Fear
Obsessed

Post by The Fear »

PABassPlayer wrote:get some real friends, get a real guitar, make some real music.
down ass chic wrote:takes one to noone SLUT!
seriousheavymetaller
Vulgar Bastard

:lol: :fu:
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

seriousheavymetaller wrote:five neato bright coloured 'fret buttons'
:lol: :lol: :lol:

you certainly are one serious heavy metaller.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

DBS wrote:

seriousheavymetaller wrote:plus you get some kick-ass stickers to 'customise' your 'axe.'
"Gay", the sequel
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
seriousheavymetaller
Vulgar Bastard

DBS wrote:

Thankyou. :lol: But, looking back I think my choice of words there could have been better. Neato, cool, killer, gnarly- it's all good. :tup:

Well, I guess it's my own fault. If I'd have worded it better, I'd have kept the peace and this topic wouldn't have degenerated into an all-out flame war.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

PABassPlayer wrote:
DBS wrote:

seriousheavymetaller wrote:plus you get some kick-ass stickers to 'customise' your 'axe.'
"Gay", the sequel
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

I hear a lot of people talking about this game, and to me it sounds like a Dance Dance Revolution clone on a baby toy. I'd liken it to getting an inflatable guitar from the local fair and air guitaring.
Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

And I only clicked this thread because I thought it was a Robby Hollis topic.
Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

neato, i might pick it up
... You're killing me, Smalls.
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

i saw some guy playing this at future shop. it looked kind of cool
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

There is nothing serious about this "seriousheavymetal" character.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

TK wrote:There is nothing serious about this "seriousheavymetal" character.
neither is there anything remotely heavy metal.
The Poacher Diaries
Cowboy From Hell

Post by The Poacher Diaries »

wow. the world is pitiful.
I hope you hear me coming, I hope you turn your head
vinchenz
Cowboy From Hell

Post by vinchenz »

seriousheavymetaller wrote:
DBS wrote:

Thankyou. :lol: But, looking back I think my choice of words there could have been better. Neato, cool, killer, gnarly- it's all good. :tup:

Well, I guess it's my own fault. If I'd have worded it better, I'd have kept the peace and this topic wouldn't have degenerated into an all-out flame war.
fuck, you are too pitiful to abuse. grow some fucking testicles.
Area52
I will fuck you up

Post by Area52 »

for what it is, a video game, its an awesome video game. I play guitar, and by no means is this game a substitute for that, but, if your into the DDR or Karaoke Revolution type games, definately check this one out.
Plus, its fun to just sit in the living room and act like your a rockstar, even though your never going to be one in real life.
Jebodiah wrote:Tell him, Steve Dave.
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

i just hate the thought of having a new guitar. can you get a case for it and a stand :lol:
abyssspecter
n0ob

Post by abyssspecter »

Id play the game, not because its something i feel that i should play as a guitarst, but as something i can rub in kids faces at the game store.
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vAAHTQE ... rom%20hell

is cowboys from hell really on guitarhero? not played by pantera
seriousheavymetaller
Vulgar Bastard

Wayne wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vAAHTQE ... rom%20hell

is cowboys from hell really on guitarhero? not played by pantera
Yeah, it is. The songs aren't played by the original artists, but covered. The idea of the game is that you're supposedly playing covers anyway and it would cost them more if they were to use the actual album tracks. There's 30 career songs in all and a few bonus ones which aren't quite as good.

They did their best to get a soundalike for every song, most of them sound alright, especially as you're playing a game rather than listening to the tunes themselves.
MINI DIME
Far Beyond Driven

Post by MINI DIME »

i have been playing guitar for 4 years i can play a crap load of heavy metal. and i saw guiatr hero and this guy character who looked just like a metaller so i thought it would have loads of metal tracks on it..so bought it and it sucks the best songs are cowboys from hell iron man that is all i could think of the rest are ok most of em suck...and now it has spawned a generation of kids who think they can play guitar just from guitar hero....they dont know scales from chords they probably think a MAJOR is a army guy or something
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

MINI DIME wrote:i have been playing guitar for 4 years i can play a crap load of heavy metal. and i saw guiatr hero and this guy character who looked just like a metaller so i thought it would have loads of metal tracks on it..so bought it and it sucks the best songs are cowboys from hell iron man that is all i could think of the rest are ok most of em suck...and now it has spawned a generation of kids who think they can play guitar just from guitar hero....they dont know scales from chords they probably think a MAJOR is a army guy or something
I am embarressed for you. please stop.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

Dimejandro
I will fuck you up

Post by Dimejandro »

yes? do you need something?
Pickled fetus worshipped
Divine Mongoloid
Was fucked in Effigy
MINI DIME
Far Beyond Driven

Post by MINI DIME »

stop what
Watw-Drums
Hail Dimebag

Post by Watw-Drums »

MINI DIME wrote:stop what
Posting, thought you were leaving
[quote="Edna Bodine"][quote="Richard The Duke"]What do you do when you take a monster shit and you realize that there is no toilet paper in the bathroom??[/quote]

pick it up and throw it out the window[/quote]
MINI DIME
Far Beyond Driven

Post by MINI DIME »

na as long as i dont talk to you this board is cool
Sir Dan
Cowboy From Hell

Post by Sir Dan »

PABassPlayer wrote:get some real friends, get a real guitar, make some real music.
Yeah having fun is bad :roll:

AT the actual topic: I guess it's pretty fun, though I prefer playing an actual guitar.
Bodom J
Lynch Mob

Post by Bodom J »

it's a pretty fun game, it shows you how hard a lot of those songs can be. Someone who plays guitar should have little to no problem with it but I don't know one thing about guitar playing so it's a pretty good challenge to me. It's not something I would buy and I can only play it for a few songs at a time, it does get old.
Recommended listen:

Artist: Dark Tranquillity
Album: Construct
Song: What Only You Know
seriousheavymetaller
Vulgar Bastard

Bodom J wrote:it's a pretty fun game, it shows you how hard a lot of those songs can be. Someone who plays guitar should have little to no problem with it but I don't know one thing about guitar playing so it's a pretty good challenge to me. It's not something I would buy and I can only play it for a few songs at a time, it does get old.
I started this thread a couple of months back. It has since inspired me to actually pick up a cheap guitar and start playing for real. :lol:

Obviously, you have to start somewhere. I still need a lot of practice, before I get anywhere with this, but it's the same with everything. Back to the game itself, it's getting a bit old now, but I still run through the odd song on it from time to time.

I may even pick up the second game when it rolls out later. The second game allows you to choose to play bass, also if you wish which could be interesting. As long as you don't need to buy a new controller, I'll probably get it, though I hope there's not another six months wait for the UK.
MINI DIME
Far Beyond Driven

Post by MINI DIME »

WOW YOU REGISTERED ON MY BIRTHDAY

SAD BUT TRUE
vulgarstrength
Mouth For War

Post by vulgarstrength »

Cornholious Boonester wrote:

well is THE world's MOST serious heavy metaller, I can only assume something that serious is a full time job.
[quote="BassPhemy"]Whoever doesn't love Ernest can just have a bleach sandwich.[/quote]

[quote="Dirty Sanchez"]dont know how and wouldnt do it if i knew how, go fuck yourself[/quote]
vulgarstrength
Mouth For War

Post by vulgarstrength »

well is THE world's MOST serious heavy metaller, I can only assume something that serious is a full time job.
[quote="BassPhemy"]Whoever doesn't love Ernest can just have a bleach sandwich.[/quote]

[quote="Dirty Sanchez"]dont know how and wouldnt do it if i knew how, go fuck yourself[/quote]
vulgarstrength
Mouth For War

Post by vulgarstrength »

vulgarstrength
Mouth For War

Post by vulgarstrength »

general errors suck

seriousheavymetaller
Vulgar Bastard

vulgarstrength wrote:

Well shucks, I never claimed to be the worlds most serious heavy metaller- perhaps one of them. :) :D