Cowboys From Hell
Vulgar Display Of Power
The Great SOuthern Trendkill
Projects In The Jungle
Reinventing The Steel
I Am The Night
Far Beyond Driven
Metal Magic
[quote="Bukkake Tsunami"]The only tits I will ever suck are my mommys, the only vagina I will ever have come out of is my mommys & the only tits I will have felt is my mommys.....YAY! IM NOT A VIRGIN![/quote]
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

You're a goddamn faggot.
Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
I_Know_Phil
Far Beyond Driven

Post by I_Know_Phil »

Stop following me into my threads and flaming you fucking obsessed rentboy.
[quote="Bukkake Tsunami"]The only tits I will ever suck are my mommys, the only vagina I will ever have come out of is my mommys & the only tits I will have felt is my mommys.....YAY! IM NOT A VIRGIN![/quote]
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

You have Projects in the jungle above Far Beyond Driven. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a fuck.
[quote="seriousheavymetaller"]Yes, I'm currently finishing my Master's degree in Creative Writing. :tup: [/quote]
I_Know_Phil
Far Beyond Driven

Post by I_Know_Phil »

summers_eve wrote:You have Projects in the jungle above Far Beyond Driven. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a fuck.
Projects is catchy 80's metal.
Far Beyond Driven is anti musical grating crap.
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

I_Know_Phil wrote: Far Beyond Driven is anti musical grating crap.
Explain... :x
[quote="seriousheavymetaller"]Yes, I'm currently finishing my Master's degree in Creative Writing. :tup: [/quote]
I_Know_Phil
Far Beyond Driven

Post by I_Know_Phil »

summers_eve wrote:
Phil is yelling like a raped pig, theres no melody & dimes playing is atrocious. A HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE album.
HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Post by HoustonKJ »

I_Know_Phil wrote:
summers_eve wrote:
Phil is yelling like a raped pig, theres no melody & dimes playing is atrocious. A HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE album.
You have TGSTK rated highly above that. So if you can't stand FBD, what makes it so much better?
If you can't bench her, don't fuck her.
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

I_Know_Phil wrote:
summers_eve wrote:
You're telling me that songs like I'm Broken, Becoming and Five Minutes Alone lack melody? I'm guessing you've never played an instrument in your life.
I_Know_Phil
Far Beyond Driven

Post by I_Know_Phil »

HoustonKJ wrote:
I_Know_Phil wrote:
summers_eve wrote:
You have TGSTK rated highly above that. So if you can't stand FBD, what makes it so much better?
TGSTK is far more catchy and enjoyable than FBD. Sure there's a lot of noisy moments but there's awesome moments on there unlike FBD i.e Floods, Suicidal Note Part 1 etc.
Tweel
I will fuck you up

Post by Tweel »

noise elements is what made those albums good

your opinion sucks
Fuck Ole Miss
HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Post by HoustonKJ »

I_Know_Phil wrote:
HoustonKJ wrote:
I_Know_Phil wrote:
summers_eve wrote:
TGSTK is far more catchy and enjoyable than FBD. Sure there's a lot of noisy moments but there's awesome moments on there unlike FBD i.e Floods, Suicidal Note Part 1 etc.
Suicidal Note.
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

Well I guess the "Suicidal Note" part tells us that he's barely heard it. :roll:
trendkiller
Lynch Mob

Post by trendkiller »

thank god you're here to save the board from boring threads
I_Know_Phil
Far Beyond Driven

Post by I_Know_Phil »

summers_eve wrote:Well I guess the "Suicidal Note" part tells us that he's barely heard it. :roll:
Suicide Note then you idiot and yes I have fucking heard it. It rules.
Bukkake Tsunami
Master Blumpkin

Post by Bukkake Tsunami »

I_Know_Phil wrote:
summers_eve wrote:Well I guess the "Suicidal Note" part tells us that he's barely heard it. :roll:
shut the fuck up you piece of shit. :)
Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.
I_Know_Phil
Far Beyond Driven

Post by I_Know_Phil »

Bukkake Tsunami wrote:
I_Know_Phil wrote:
shut the fuck up you piece of shit. :)
Hey Buttcake check out the thread I have for you. You stupid fucking monkey :lol:
Revolver
Lynch Mob

Post by Revolver »

This thread fucking sucks, lock, ban delete, who gives a shit about your fucking preferences, this thread, like many of the others you have made is fucking shit.
seriousheavymetaller
Vulgar Bastard

Re: Rate the Pantera albums from best down to worst

Post by seriousheavymetaller »

I_Know_Phil wrote:Power Metal
Cowboys From Hell
Vulgar Display Of Power
Projects In The Jungle
Reinventing The Steel
I Am The Night
Far Beyond Driven
Metal Magic
Mine would be...

Cowboys from Hell (For Cemetary Gates, Shattered and Psycho holiday alone- a great record from start to finish)

Power Metal - A lot heavier than people will admit (A great mix of the speed/power metal of Priests' Painkiller and tunes like Over and Out and Death Trap hint at the direction of the next album. We'll meet again also has my favourite guitar solo. )

Projects in the Jungle- (It may be pop-metal, but what they did with this album, they did very well. You can't fault tunes like Out for Blood, the melodic- In Over My Head, and (drumroll) Thankyou!...tap tap tap..Killerrrsss.)

The Great Southern Trendkill- (Brilliant! Some of their best lyrics here, too. The best parts of this record are the two part 'Suicide Note',- and the title track, with my second favourite guitar solo.)

Vulgar Display of Power- Another great album. I like almost all of the albums, so it's difficult to put them in order. I think this one speaks for itself. You got classics like, Walk, This love, By Demons be Driven. There aren't really any bad songs on this album.

I am the Night- Cheesy! But, musically as we'd expect from Pantera, it's great. The only weak spot is the solo on track 4. The deepened voice drowns it out and it ends up sounding a bit of a mess. The production is a bit crackly and between about 1:30 and just after 2:00 on Forever Tonite it gets really bad. Down Below is an awesome song, but the Power Metal version is slightly better.

Reinventing the steel- Only got this one recently. It's solid, although I haven't listened to this as much as the others.

Metal Magic- Ha ha! You can't take this one too seriously, always good for a bit of a laugh, but the guitar work is solid and I like, 'Nothin' On But the Radio' and 'I'll be alright, though.'

Far Beyond Driven- The only one I don't really care for. It's heavy for the sake of being heavy and I agree with I_Know Phil on this one. There are a few nice riffs and solos, but I just can't get into this record. One exception though, the cover of Planet Caravan is Excellent!

That's for me. :)
I_Know_Phil
Far Beyond Driven

Post by I_Know_Phil »

Revolver wrote:This thread fucking sucks, lock, ban delete, who gives a shit about your fucking preferences, this thread, like many of the others you have made is fucking shit.
Hey dude don't be jealous that you don't know any pantera albums.

This thread is a fucking good one. You were supposed to list what order you'd put their albums in dipshit tho that failed to compute in your walnut sized brain :roll:
Revolver
Lynch Mob

Post by Revolver »

I_Know_Phil wrote:
Revolver wrote:This thread fucking sucks, lock, ban delete, who gives a shit about your fucking preferences, this thread, like many of the others you have made is fucking shit.

This thread is a fucking good one. You were supposed to list what order you'd put their albums in dipshit tho that failed to compute in your walnut sized brain :roll:
No.
I_Know_Phil
Far Beyond Driven

Post by I_Know_Phil »

seriousheavymetaller wrote:
Cowboys From Hell
Vulgar Display Of Power
Projects In The Jungle
Reinventing The Steel
I Am The Night
Far Beyond Driven
Metal Magic
Mine would be...

Cowboys from Hell (For Cemetary Gates, Shattered and Psycho holiday alone- a great record from start to finish)

Power Metal - A lot heavier than people will admit (A great mix of the speed/power metal of Priests' Painkiller and tunes like Over and Out and Death Trap hint at the direction of the next album. We'll meet again also has my favourite guitar solo. )

Projects in the Jungle- (It may be pop-metal, but what they did with this album, they did very well. You can't fault tunes like Out for Blood, the melodic- In Over My Head, and (drumroll) Thankyou!...tap tap tap..Killerrrsss.)

The Great Southern Trendkill- (Brilliant! Some of their best lyrics here, too. The best parts of this record are the two part 'Suicide Note',- and the title track, with my second favourite guitar solo.)

Vulgar Display of Power- Another great album. I like almost all of the albums, so it's difficult to put them in order. I think this one speaks for itself. You got classics like, Walk, This love, By Demons be Driven. There aren't really any bad songs on this album.

I am the Night- Cheesy! But, musically as we'd expect from Pantera, it's great. The only weak spot is the solo on track 4. The deepened voice drowns it out and it ends up sounding a bit of a mess. The production is a bit crackly and between about 1:30 and just after 2:00 on Forever Tonite it gets really bad. Down Below is an awesome song, but the Power Metal version is slightly better.

Reinventing the steel- Only got this one recently. It's solid, although I haven't listened to this as much as the others.

Metal Magic- Ha ha! You can't take this one too seriously, always good for a bit of a laugh, but the guitar work is solid and I like, 'Nothin' On But the Radio' and 'I'll be alright, though.'

Far Beyond Driven- The only one I don't really care for. It's heavy for the sake of being heavy and I agree with I_Know Phil on this one. There are a few nice riffs and solos, but I just can't get into this record. One exception though, the cover of Planet Caravan is Excellent!

You rule! Keep away from the Pantera free zone tho dude! Theres many dreadlocked, baggy panted wigger fags there!
seriousheavymetaller
Vulgar Bastard

I_Know_Phil wrote:
Cowboys From Hell
Vulgar Display Of Power
Projects In The Jungle
Reinventing The Steel
I Am The Night
Far Beyond Driven
Metal Magic
Mine would be...

You rule! Keep away from the Pantera free zone tho dude! Theres many dreadlocked, baggy panted wigger fags there!
:D :tup:

Heh-heh
I_Know_Phil
Far Beyond Driven

Post by I_Know_Phil »

Revolver wrote:
I_Know_Phil wrote:

No.
Hey you flaming piece of shit. Why couldn't you do what serious heavymetaller did and answer the fucking question. Why? because you're a fucking dipshit loser who knows fuck all about metal and don't have balls to appreciate it if you did & has to flame guys who do because you're jealous they wont lick your anus clean.

Now STFU before I skull fuck you and your whoring mum. :fu:
I_Know_Phil
Far Beyond Driven

Post by I_Know_Phil »

I_Know_Phil wrote:
Cowboys From Hell
Vulgar Display Of Power
Projects In The Jungle
Reinventing The Steel
I Am The Night
Far Beyond Driven
Metal Magic
Mine would be...

Heh-heh
Dude you should consider posting at a www.metal-rules.com not at a band who were one of the godfathers of mallcore, are 4 years dead and were never better than "Good".

You know your onions about metal. :tup: Don't waste your presence here. Most of the people here think thrash and speed metal are the same thing, Korn saved metal & guitar solos are for gays.
Last edited by I_Know_Phil on Tue May 09, 2006 8:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Revolver
Lynch Mob

Post by Revolver »

I_Know_Phil wrote:
Revolver wrote:
I_Know_Phil wrote:

No.
Hey you flaming piece of shit. Why couldn't you do what serious heavymetaller did and answer the fucking question. Why? because you're a fucking dipshit loser who knows fuck all about metal and don't have balls to appreciate it if you did & has to flame guys who do because you're jealous they wont lick your anus clean.

Now STFU before I skull fuck you and your whoring mum. :fu:
Revolver wrote:No.
Jericho
Mouth For War

Post by Jericho »

I'm not even going to bother you fuck-wit
HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Post by HoustonKJ »

I_Know_Phil wrote:
I_Know_Phil wrote:
Cowboys From Hell
Vulgar Display Of Power
Projects In The Jungle
Reinventing The Steel
I Am The Night
Far Beyond Driven
Metal Magic
Mine would be...

Heh-heh
Dude you should consider posting at a www.metal-rules.com not at a band who were one of the godfathers of mallcore, are 4 years dead and were never better than "Good".

You know your onions about metal. :tup: Don't waste your presence here. Most of the people here think thrash and speed metal are the same thing, Korn saved metal & guitar solos are for gays.
The very tone of your post seems a little "mallcore" to me. And just when I was actually tempted to contribute something to this thread, thinking you had an honest constructive question here to ask to the community, here you go and attempt to piss on the legacy of the very band you're pretending to have an interest in.

I know it's convenient to attack the band simply because some of the fans dislike you. But it's hypocritical and childish, too. You want to be accepted here, as you so steadfastly moaned and begged in your amnesty tantrum last night, then show some respect for the very band this forum was founded on.

If not, walk the fuck on out of here. You won't be missed.
Firestorm
Mouth For War

Post by Firestorm »

BassPhemy wrote:You're a goddamn faggot.
lolz
M.I.A
6000 chicken fijitas

Post by M.I.A »

Cowboys From Hell
Vulgar Display Of Power
Projects In The Jungle
Reinventing The Steel
I Am The Night
Far Beyond Driven
Metal Magic
Mine would be...

you son of a bitch! :x
[quote="Aeon"]I don't remember making this thread. Fuck, I don't even like Down. :lol:[/quote]
Jericho
Mouth For War

Post by Jericho »

Trendkill is the die-hards choice :cool:
seriousheavymetaller
Vulgar Bastard

M.I.A wrote:
Cowboys From Hell
Vulgar Display Of Power
Projects In The Jungle
Reinventing The Steel
I Am The Night
Far Beyond Driven
Metal Magic
Mine would be...

you son of a bitch! :x
Would your list be different? Which albums do you prefer and why? :D
13steps
I will fuck you up

Post by 13steps »

haha what the hell is this? crappy lists.

FBD
TGSTK
VDP
RTS
CFH
Power Metal
Projects In the Jungle
I Am The Night
Metal Magic

:aargh:
[quote="PhilCore"]er du behövande en rum - kompis? :)[/quote]
Firestorm
Mouth For War

Post by Firestorm »

:no: :zzz: :fu:
lolz
edgecrusheraza
Creampuff

Post by edgecrusheraza »

#1: Vulgar Display Of Power
#2: Great Southern :negro: kill
#3: Far Beyond Driven ( would have been the best with more leads)
#4: Cowboy's From Hell
#5: Reinventing The Steel
#6: 101 Proof

According to Dime and Phil from Headbanger's ball in '90.....anything before that doesn't matter.
PD
I'm just a...

Post by PD »

Power Metal
I Am The Night
Reinventing the Steel
Cowboys From Hell
Vulgar Display of Power
Far Beyond Driven
The Great Southern Trendkill
Projects in the Jungle
Metal Magic
Official Live: 101 Proof
The Best of Pantera

ROCK & ROLL!!!!
[b]PanterA Disciple[/b]
HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Post by HoustonKJ »

Fuck it, I'm in a rejuvenated Pantera mood thanks to the behind the music, so i'll give this a shot. Nothing better to do.

(and i'm not including anything before CFH because i haven't heard it , and 2nd, who cares.)

1) Vulgar Display of Power. I would go with TGSTK, but I enjoy the uplifting, motivating tone of this album as well as the momentum it carries all the way through. Not to mention it contains what I feel to be their most ground-breaking material.

2) The Great Southern Trendkill. Sonically it is my favorite; this is the most thunderous album they ever recorded. The reason I rate it higher than Far Beyond Driven primarily, however, is because of the variety and increased complexity of the arrangements.

3) Far Beyond Driven / Cowboys From Hell. Cannot pick between these two. Blow me.

4) Reinventing The Steel.

Although to close this out I must say, Official Live: 101 Proof remains my *personal favorite* Pantera CD. It's just not on the list since it's not a studio album.

Kiss my ass I'm outta here, PUNKS
BaptizedBurning
I will fuck you up

Post by BaptizedBurning »

far beyond driven (am i the only one choosing FBD as all time favorite?)
vulgar display of power
great southern trendkill
cowboys from hell
reinventing the steel
"When I die and see god, I'm gonna say...shit..."
ImBroken
Creampuff

Post by ImBroken »

Far Beyond Driven #1

There isn't any Pantera stuff that I don't like except pre-CFH album but FBD definately is the best album IMO
ImBroken
Creampuff

Post by ImBroken »

Far Beyond Driven #1

There isn't any Pantera stuff that I don't like except pre-CFH album but FBD definately is the best album IMO