Power Metal rules!!

Talk about anything Pantera related....
I_Know_Phil
Far Beyond Driven

Power Metal rules!!

Post by I_Know_Phil »

Who else thinks Power Metal's one of their best albums?
Killer speed metal...not glam at all.

DEATH TRAP!!!
[quote="Bukkake Tsunami"]The only tits I will ever suck are my mommys, the only vagina I will ever have come out of is my mommys & the only tits I will have felt is my mommys.....YAY! IM NOT A VIRGIN![/quote]
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

Shut up.
[quote="trendkiller"]I could lie and say I was downloading a crack for a game or it was a random virus but no, I was trying to watch a horse have sex with a woman.[/quote]
[quote="Neon Doll"]if u wasnt a virgin, you knoe hoe yo sndewrt yhid[/quote]
SeanfromHell402
Creampuff

Post by SeanfromHell402 »

1 its not speed
2 it is kinda glam
3 its not even close to being thier best
Most regular people will say,
its hard, any streetwise son of a bitch know
DONT FUCK WITH US
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

I_know_phil is the biggest cocksmoker EVERRRR :lol:
[quote="seriousheavymetaller"]Yes, I'm currently finishing my Master's degree in Creative Writing. :tup: [/quote]
I_Know_Phil
Far Beyond Driven

Post by I_Know_Phil »

Power Metal is great Priest inspired 80's/ Speed metal.

None of you closet cases would know that tho as you think any melody is for homosexuals where you all spooge your shorts when someone even mentions "Jonathan Davies".
[quote="Bukkake Tsunami"]The only tits I will ever suck are my mommys, the only vagina I will ever have come out of is my mommys & the only tits I will have felt is my mommys.....YAY! IM NOT A VIRGIN![/quote]
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

I_Know_Phil continues to own everyone on this board.
Bad Muthafucker
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Bad Muthafucker »

I must say I enjoy Power Metal...it's got some high points as well as lows...a good foreshadow of what was to come two years later...overall I'm glad it's part of my collection.
:fu:
Roz
Magically Seditious

Post by Roz »

summers_eve wrote:I_know_phil is the biggest cocksmoker EVERRRR :lol:
*EVAR
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

PhilCore wrote:
*EVAR
TRUE :tup:
[quote="seriousheavymetaller"]Yes, I'm currently finishing my Master's degree in Creative Writing. :tup: [/quote]
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

summers_eve wrote:
PhilCore wrote:
*EVAR
TRUE :tup:
*TR00
axlash wrote:black people kind of like me.
Mad Muir wrote:that would be awesome if the dog took a shit but the condom was stuck to its butthole lips and it blew a big 'ol turd balloon
HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Post by HoustonKJ »

I_Know_Phil wrote:Power Metal is great Priest inspired 80's/ Speed metal.

None of you closet cases would know that tho as you think any melody is for homosexuals where you all spooge your shorts when someone even mentions "Jonathan Davies".
As if most of us have even heard Power Metal before, :zzz:
If you can't bench her, don't fuck her.
vinchenz
Cowboy From Hell

Post by vinchenz »

Explain how Power Metal is better than any of the 5 albums that came after that. Fuck - not one song on there is better than any other pantera song recorded after. When you compare Power Metal with CFH its like they progressed about 5 years and 3 albums.

Phils singing and the lyrics are fucking hilarious - "If you want some Metal - I'll give you all I got" - what a fucking joke

reminds me of Man-o-war lyrics

Post by Guest »

you're not implying there's any imperfections in Man-O-War are you? :x
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

vinchenz wrote: the lyrics are fucking hilarious
Who do you think wrote those lyrics?
vinchenz
Cowboy From Hell

Post by vinchenz »

summers_eve wrote:
Never thought about it. Guessing, I would say as a band collectively
vinchenz
Cowboy From Hell

Post by vinchenz »

PhilCore wrote:you're not implying there's any imperfections in Man-O-War are you? :x
No, Man-o-war is perfectly hilarious
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

vinchenz wrote:
summers_eve wrote:
Nope, Phil, as far as I understand wrote almost none of those lyrics. You can tell, they sound like Damageplan lyrics.
vinchenz
Cowboy From Hell

Post by vinchenz »

summers_eve wrote:
vinchenz wrote:
summers_eve wrote:
Nope, Phil, as far as I understand wrote almost none of those lyrics. You can tell, they sound like Damageplan lyrics.
No shit? "as far as you understand" or fact?

I agree Damageplan lyrics lack
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

I remember reading somewhere that the majority of the lyrics for Power Metal were written before Phil even joined. I wouldn't go and confirm this without the actual writing credits (which I can't find).
Eyemaster
Far Beyond Driven

Re: Power Metal rules!!

Post by Eyemaster »

I_Know_Phil wrote:Power metal rules!!!
Yeah, but you don't :fu:
i love you

Post by Guest »

Eyemaster wrote:
I_Know_Phil wrote:Power metal rules!!!
Yeah, but you don't :fu:
BURNNN!
seriousheavymetaller
Vulgar Bastard

Post by seriousheavymetaller »

vinchenz wrote:Explain how Power Metal is better than any of the 5 albums that came after that. Fuck - not one song on there is better than any other pantera song recorded after. When you compare Power Metal with CFH its like they progressed about 5 years and 3 albums.

Phils singing and the lyrics are fucking hilarious - "If you want some Metal - I'll give you all I got" - what a fucking joke

While they're not as heavy as on CFH and beyond, Power Metal is an important album. You can't deny Over and Out is thrash, the title track is speed. Rock the World, is definately not glam- definately metal- and it wouldn't sound out of place on Judas' Priests' Painkiller or as one of the heavier tunes on Ram it Down. It's not joke-metal really. It's a song for the fans about their dedication to metal! :D

We'll meet again is a very good ballad. Proud to be Loud, is similar to Rock the World- another catchy metal anthem. It's not thrash yet, of course- but heavy metal. Death Trap is kind of thrash too.

Hard Ride isn't that heavy, but it's one of their catchiest songs, I think- so not bad really. Maybe this one is slightly glam, but that's it for this album.

Burrrnn! Speedy heavy metal. Greatness! A lot of people know about P*S*T '88- It's quite heavy with some funny lyrics. It's another party flashback- but it ain't bad. :lol:

So, on this album there's heavy influences for Judas Priest, a couple of Manowar type choruses, a bit of Anthrax (Death Trap?) the Metallica styled 'Over and Out' (With a nod to Slayer for the very fast section- they were listening to 'em at the time.) Hard Ride, would fit on Projects or I am the Night too, but still a great song.

Is there even one song on this disc that's unlistenable. You can't really call it thrash yet, but is a very heavy powermetal album. :tup:
vinchenz
Cowboy From Hell

Post by vinchenz »

seriousheavymetaller wrote:
vinchenz wrote:Explain how Power Metal is better than any of the 5 albums that came after that. Fuck - not one song on there is better than any other pantera song recorded after. When you compare Power Metal with CFH its like they progressed about 5 years and 3 albums.

While they're not as heavy as on CFH and beyond, Power Metal is an important album. You can't deny Over and Out is thrash, the title track is speed. Rock the World, is definately not glam- definately metal- and it wouldn't sound out of place on Judas' Priests' Painkiller or as one of the heavier tunes on Ram it Down. It's not joke-metal really. It's a song for the fans about their dedication to metal! :D

We'll meet again is a very good ballad. Proud to be Loud, is similar to Rock the World- another catchy metal anthem. It's not thrash yet, of course- but heavy metal. Death Trap is kind of thrash too.

Hard Ride isn't that heavy, but it's one of their catchiest songs, I think- so not bad really. Maybe this one is slightly glam, but that's it for this album.

Burrrnn! Speedy heavy metal. Greatness! A lot of people know about P*S*T '88- It's quite heavy with some funny lyrics. It's another party flashback- but it ain't bad. :lol:

So, on this album there's heavy influences for Judas Priest, a couple of Manowar type choruses, a bit of Anthrax (Death Trap?) the Metallica styled 'Over and Out' (With a nod to Slayer for the very fast section- they were listening to 'em at the time.) Hard Ride, would fit on Projects or I am the Night too, but still a great song.

Is there even one song on this disc that's unlistenable. You can't really call it thrash yet, but is a very heavy powermetal album. :tup:
WHOA, cool dude. you really are a seriousheavymetallack. I am not questioning the genre of each individual song. I am simply asking I_Know_Phil to explain how Power Metal is better than any of the 5 later albums. why did you quote me if you didn't address anything I said?
vinchenz
Cowboy From Hell

Post by vinchenz »

summers_eve wrote:I remember reading somewhere that the majority of the lyrics for Power Metal were written before Phil even joined. I wouldn't go and confirm this without the actual writing credits (which I can't find).
sounds about right :tup:
Jericho
Mouth For War

Post by Jericho »

HoustonKJ wrote:

Nope, I haven't and I couldn't care if I ever do
vinchenz
Cowboy From Hell

Post by vinchenz »

Jericho wrote:
HoustonKJ wrote:

Nope, I haven't and I couldn't care if I ever do
Man its worth a listen at least, but saying that its better than CFH onwards is words of a homo
seriousheavymetaller
Vulgar Bastard

vinchenz wrote:

WHOA, cool dude. you really are a seriousheavymetallack. I am not questioning the genre of each individual song. I am simply asking I_Know_Phil to explain how Power Metal is better than any of the 5 later albums. why did you quote me if you didn't address anything I said?
Ok, sorry- dude. I was trying to explain that, but probably went off track a bit.

It's hard to explain why something is better than something else, but based on what I was saying about the PM songs is that it's a good set of tunes and worthy as a good Pantera album, although not there best. CFH is the best effort, imo. But on the strength of the quality of the songs- the lyrics are OK (with some amusing lyrics, but amusing can be good you know?) it makes a good album, which is worthy of recognition.

I think I_Know_Phil was just trying to say he likes this album and feels it's worthy of more recognition.

But people will never agree on which album is the best, as some people like glam metal, others prefer, heavy and power metal, while others may just listen to mainly thrash and heavier genres.

Oh and CFH was a natural progression from PM its only Vulgar Display that was a radical leap in the change in sound.
Firestorm
Mouth For War

Post by Firestorm »

I_Know_Phil wrote:Who else thinks Power Metal's one of their best albums?
Killer speed metal...not glam at all.

DEATH TRAP!!!
we haven't banned this faggot yet :no:
lolz
Jeweller
n0ob

Post by Jeweller »

seriousheavymetaller wrote: But people will never agree on which album is the best, as some people like glam metal, others prefer, heavy and power metal, while others may just listen to mainly thrash and heavier genres.
Vulgar is their best album. There you go.
IWP
Creampuff

Post by IWP »

Power Metal fucking owns! From favorite to least favorite:

1.Proud To Be Loud
2.Down Below
3.We'll Meet Again
4.Death Trap
5.Power Metal
6.Hard Ride
7.Over And Out
8.P.S.T. 88
9.Rock The World
10.Burnnn!

All of the songs on this album rule though! Imo, Pantera's best album.
BAYLIS
Cowboy From Hell

Post by BAYLIS »

vinchenz wrote:

Ok, sorry- dude. I was trying to explain that, but probably went off track a bit.

It's hard to explain why something is better than something else, but based on what I was saying about the PM songs is that it's a good set of tunes and worthy as a good Pantera album, although not there best. CFH is the best effort, imo. But on the strength of the quality of the songs- the lyrics are OK (with some amusing lyrics, but amusing can be good you know?) it makes a good album, which is worthy of recognition.

I think I_Know_Phil was just trying to say he likes this album and feels it's worthy of more recognition.

But people will never agree on which album is the best, as some people like glam metal, others prefer, heavy and power metal, while others may just listen to mainly thrash and heavier genres.

Oh and CFH was a natural progression from PM its only Vulgar Display that was a radical leap in the change in sound.
omFg thank you seriously we need more people like you. It is so good to finaly see someone on this shit ass fucking site with something positive and inteligent to input.i look forward to some great conversasions on music no like you get from the rest of the fucks here who have nothing better to do but call everyone else a no0b its pathetic.
FUCKING HOSTILE!
IWP
Creampuff

Post by IWP »

It seems like most people here, along with just about everyother metal forum have huge e-egos.
earlp
Creampuff

Post by earlp »

you can really tell how much pantera progressed when you listen to power metal and then listen to far beyond driven

vinnies drum sound like edrums in power metal
seriousheavymetaller
Vulgar Bastard

earlp wrote:you can really tell how much pantera progressed when you listen to power metal and then listen to far beyond driven

vinnies drum sound like edrums in power metal
That's probably mostly down to the 80's production and a lower recording budget. It can sound a bit dated and thin today, but it was just a product of the times. The production on quite a lot of 80's CDs suffers similar problems and is recorded too quiet by today's standards. (Some are worse than others- you may have to turn your stereo up to 11 to even hear it properly!) You'll notice that the production on CFH and definately Vulgar Display is improved. Probably due to a bigger recording budget (and let's not forget this time they were signed to a major label, so they would have access to better recording equipment) And by the time they were recording CFH and Vulgar Display they would take extra care during the production to get as 'heavy' a sound as possible. To their credit, I think they did a pretty good job! :aargh:

On the subject of progression, it's also interesting to look at the transition from Metal Magic to Power Metal. The debut was definately a standout considering the bands young age. The production was better than I expected it to be, although still suffering from that quiet, thin 80's syndrome. In five years, they were (almost) ready to take on the world. With a solid and definative line up, they had now progressed from their hard rock meets new wave/aor roots and had now proved themselves as an act adept in the power/traditional metal school. I think it stands alone as a noteworthy release that year, bettering Priest's Ram It Down and maybe even Anthrax's State Of Euphoria. (Good album, though.)
Are you ready?
Are you ready?
Are you ready to rock?
I've got the loudest
Stereo on the block!
FallenLegend
Trendkiller

Post by FallenLegend »

2 words...

Manowar, Anthology

:aargh:
[quote="Bukkake Tsunami"][quote="Bren"]I am GAY :|): :|): :|):[/quote]
id suck your dick anyday anytime. you dont have hairy upper arms so youre good im my book bro.[/quote]
seriousheavymetaller
Vulgar Bastard

FallenLegend wrote:2 words...

Manowar, Anthology

A worthy collection of battle metal hymns, unfairly slated for its questionable cover art. :aargh:

But if we're comparing Power Metal to ManOwar, I think the best comparison would be their 1988 studio effort Kings of Metal. And you know what, I honestly think Power Metal would even triumph over this opus which is held in such high regard by heavy metal fans. With regard to sheer quality and songwriting, this album leaves the four kings of metal a bit bruised with grazed knees and in need of some band aids and antiseptic. :lol:

They're still a decent band though- unfairly criticised on the BB and the avatar is really merely to make that point. :D
Are you ready?
Are you ready?
Are you ready to rock?
I've got the loudest
Stereo on the block!
FallenLegend
Trendkiller

Post by FallenLegend »

FallenLegend wrote:2 words...

Manowar, Anthology

A worthy collection of battle metal hymns, unfairly slated for its questionable cover art. :aargh:

But if we're comparing Power Metal to ManOwar, I think the best comparison would be their 1988 studio effort Kings of Metal. And you know what, I honestly think Power Metal would even triumph over this opus which is held in such high regard by heavy metal fans. With regard to sheer quality and songwriting, this album leaves the four kings of metal a bit bruised with grazed knees and in need of some band aids and antiseptic. :lol:

They're still a decent band though- unfairly criticised on the BB and the avatar is really merely to make that point. :D
Manowar fears not! for they hath brothers in arms, against these fiends they will never die! They have only to smite these heathens with their mighty swords and metal will prevail!

seriosuly tho, Manowar have some damn good tunes, 80's metal at its best :tup:
[quote="Bukkake Tsunami"][quote="Bren"]I am GAY :|): :|): :|):[/quote]
id suck your dick anyday anytime. you dont have hairy upper arms so youre good im my book bro.[/quote]
Austria-Rocker
Creampuff

Post by Austria-Rocker »

Hell this album fuckin' rocks my balls off! :aargh: