Was Reinventing The Steel a good "Last" album for

Talk about anything Pantera related....

Was Reinventing The Steel a good "Final" album for Pantera?

Yes
71%
No
13%
I still like Korn, Slipknot, and Limp Bizkit
16%

Total votes: 68

Train Through A Pigeon
Cowboy From Hell

Was Reinventing The Steel a good "Last" album for

Post by Train Through A Pigeon »

I liked it alot. At the time it came out bands like Korn, Limp Bizkit, Slipknot, and Papa Roach were pretty much the "IT" bands in the metal Scene, and when RITS came out it made me remember why I was a metal fan in the first place.

Now granted it is nothing like there past albums, but you have to admit, afer all those years, they still knew how to write a good metal album
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

Reinventing the Steel was originally released by Korn in 1989 as their debut album.
[quote="seriousheavymetaller"]Yes, I'm currently finishing my Master's degree in Creative Writing. :tup: [/quote]
Bukkake Tsunami
Master Blumpkin

Post by Bukkake Tsunami »

meximelts are fucking awesome. if any of you live near a taco bell i suggest buying them.
Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

Bukkake Tsunami wrote:meximelts are fucking awesome. if any of you live near a taco bell i suggest buying them.
What's your body fat percentage? You sure do eat a lot of shit, Bukkake. I'm concerned for your health.
[quote="seriousheavymetaller"]Yes, I'm currently finishing my Master's degree in Creative Writing. :tup: [/quote]
Edna Bodine
Crunchwrap Supreme

Post by Edna Bodine »

Bukkake Tsunami wrote:meximelts are fucking awesome. if any of you live near a taco bell i suggest buying them.
*crunchwrap supremes
Robert Hollis wrote:Me fucking around with women cost me my college education and also one of the women I was involved for awhile ended up killing herself because she was so depressed
EvilisthenewGood wrote:I know how time zones work.
HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Post by HoustonKJ »

RTS was a great finale album. They ended on a positive vibe. The album as a whole isn't depressing like TGSTK. Songs like I'll Cast A Shadow, Revolution Is My Name, and You've Got To Belong to it are really inspiring. :tup:
If you can't bench her, don't fuck her.
Edna Bodine
Crunchwrap Supreme

Post by Edna Bodine »

HoustonKJ wrote:They ended on a positive vibe.

I've always liked how happy they are in this picture.
Robert Hollis wrote:Me fucking around with women cost me my college education and also one of the women I was involved for awhile ended up killing herself because she was so depressed
EvilisthenewGood wrote:I know how time zones work.
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

HoustonKJ wrote:RTS was a great finale album. They ended on a positive vibe. The album as a whole isn't depressing like TGSTK. Songs like I'll Cast A Shadow, Revolution Is My Name, and You've Got To Belong to it are really inspiring. :tup:
Firestorm
Mouth For War

Post by Firestorm »

Aeon wrote:
HoustonKJ wrote:RTS was a great finale album. They ended on a positive vibe. The album as a whole isn't depressing like TGSTK. Songs like I'll Cast A Shadow, Revolution Is My Name, and You've Got To Belong to it are really inspiring. :tup:
lolz
M.I.A
6000 chicken fijitas

Post by M.I.A »

Firestorm wrote:
Aeon wrote:
[quote="Aeon"]I don't remember making this thread. Fuck, I don't even like Down. :lol:[/quote]
Henkka
I will fuck you up

Post by Henkka »

Edna Bodine wrote:
HoustonKJ wrote:They ended on a positive vibe.

I've always liked how happy they are in this picture.
Too bad those days are past..

I think I can't hide is one of their best songs ever, too bad it wasn't included on RTS... yet it's still a kickass album.
[quote="hektik"]"I viewed this whole topic with my husband :lol: "
I wonder if they made voices for each username. :fu:[/quote]
edgecrusheraza
Creampuff

Heh

Post by edgecrusheraza »

How exactly were Korn, LB, and Slipknot the IT bands in metal at the time? You must have a different version of metal than me. :lol:

Reinventing was good, I still feel its their worst CD overall though. Not that its bad, just not as good as the others. The songs for the most part seemed thrown together...like 'Oh here's a riff, we'll just hammer on this for 3 minutes'.
I guess considering it came out 4 years after Trendkill, I was just expecting more. It didn't help that Revolution was the 1st song I heard on the radio, and usually radio songs are the worst. So I thought to myself 'Damn, if Revolution is the most radio friendly tune on the CD, its going to be INSANE'. But it ended up being pretty much the best song on there.
It also didn't have the brutality that their earlier CD's had. There was no Fucking Hostile or Strength Beyond Strength on there. It had more of a classic metal vibe. It is fitting that I'll Cast A Shadow was the final Pantera song though, because that's exactly what Darrell and the boy's did.

As far as final albums go, Steel is a hell of alot better than most bands final albums...or most albums made by most bands that have been around for as long as Pantera period.
Last edited by edgecrusheraza on Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eyemaster
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Eyemaster »

I think it is, because of tunes like I'll cast a shadow, Hellbound and Revolution is my name, 'cause they had never done anything like that before, and i don't think they would make anything better after RITS.
i love you
Eibon
Umeå Hardcore

Post by Eibon »

i think it's their best album as far as songs concerned. But as far as production goes i like FBS the most...RTS with the raw in-your-face FBS-production = :x
som en grop fylld av blinda hundar som äter sin egen avföring. en avgrund där stanken är så tät att man inte kan andas.
edgecrusheraza
Creampuff

Post by edgecrusheraza »

What do you mean? I found Hell's Wrath and War Nerve VERY inspiring when played live.
Train Through A Pigeon
Cowboy From Hell

Post by Train Through A Pigeon »

edgecrusheraza wrote:
What do you mean? I found Hell's Wrath and War Nerve VERY inspiring when played live.
wait you saw hells wrath live?!?!?!?! holy shit thats awesome!!
edgecrusheraza
Creampuff

Post by edgecrusheraza »

Train Through A Pigeon wrote:
edgecrusheraza wrote:
wait you saw hells wrath live?!?!?!?! holy shit thats awesome!!
Trendkill Tour, the 1st leg when they went on tour with White Zombie I believe.
I saw them 3 times during the Trendkill era. Such a cool vibe at those shows....just Pantera to the extreme, and it seemed like they were the band keeping hardcore metal in the limelight at the time. Great times they were.
I've seen them on every tour except for Cowboys. And I'd say Trendkill was my favorite era as far as live Pantera goes.
Somewhat Damaged

Post by Somewhat Damaged »

it was a weak, boring, uninspired album compared to trendkill, fbd, vdop.
There's no light but there's hope...
Revolver
Lynch Mob

Post by Revolver »

Somewhat Damaged wrote:it was a weak, boring, uninspired album compared to trendkill, fbd, vdop.
A rather old, unintelligent, opinion coming from a die hard Metallica fan. How predictable :roll: :zzz:
Somewhat Damaged

i'm a die hard pantera fan too. i'm speaking the truth about rts. compared to the 4 pantera discs before it, rts was :zzz:
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

Fighting over opinion is gay, which means:

The two posters above me are gay.
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

Somewhat Damaged wrote:i'm a die hard pantera fan too. i'm speaking the truth about rts. compared to the 4 pantera discs before it, rts was :zzz:
But you are also a faggot.
B?ch 3343
Far Beyond Driven

Post by B?ch 3343 »

I still think it's a cool album. It has some very good songs. :tup:
Dallas is where East ends.
Fort Worth is where Wes begins.
Brandon
filthy degenerate

Post by Brandon »

i liked it on first listen, but got bored of it shortly thereafter. but at least they didnt wimp out like metallica.
Somewhat Damaged

Böch 3343 wrote:I still think it's a cool album. It has some very good songs. :tup:
the only very good song on there is revolution. there are a few other decent songs on there.
Brandon
filthy degenerate

Post by Brandon »

Somewhat Damaged wrote:
Böch 3343 wrote:I still think it's a cool album. It has some very good songs. :tup:
the only very good song on there is revolution. there are a few other decent songs on there.
revolution and cast a shadow. couldnt get into the other shit.

Post by Guest »

WELL GRIND THAT AXE FOR A LONG LONG TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME :aargh:

haha the irony
Brandon
filthy degenerate

Post by Brandon »

Rusty wrote:WELL GRIND THAT AXE FOR A LONG LONG TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME :aargh:

haha the irony
:lol:

PHIL GRINDS THAT ASS FOR A LONG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE SMELL IN THE AIR IS CHICKENSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

actually, thats a great song too.
Somewhat Damaged

Brandon wrote:
Rusty wrote:WELL GRIND THAT AXE FOR A LONG LONG TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME :aargh:

haha the irony
:lol:

PHIL GRINDS THAT ASS FOR A LONG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol:
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
Revolver
Lynch Mob

Post by Revolver »

:lol: @ his hands

Post by Guest »

Eibon wrote:i think it's their best album as far as songs concerned. But as far as production goes i like FBS the most...RTS with the raw in-your-face FBS-production = :x
far beyond steady-fingers. :fu:
B?ch 3343
Far Beyond Driven

Post by B?ch 3343 »

Brandon wrote:
Somewhat Damaged wrote:
revolution and cast a shadow. couldnt get into the other shit.
I don't know exactly wht, but I love "Uplift". Badass song :tup:
Dallas is where East ends.
Fort Worth is where Wes begins.
Revolver
Lynch Mob

Post by Revolver »

Yes :tup:
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

It's power and sin, and then you've got all the other habits
Whiskey and smoke
It's all that we could need, to plant the perfect
Seed, disembody me - yeah...
MARDUK
Hail Dimebag

Post by MARDUK »

dead forever wrote:Image
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[quote="George Bush"]"I'm President of the United States and I'm not going to eat any more broccoli".[/quote]

@#$%^&@@@@@@@@@@

Post by WolverGene »

I loved it. I don't think there's a bad song on it. Of course, I don't think They ever put out a bad song on any album. Shit, I even like the hair metal stuff they did. Guess I'm not the most objective on this subject.
vinniesfollower
n0ob

Post by vinniesfollower »

It was a good album to end with. My expectations were lower. Then comes song like Uplift, We'll Grind That Axe For A Long Time, It Makes Them Disappear and Yesterday Don't Mean Shit. It's no Trendkill but it's good that they're still doin it right. It's sounds more produced than anything.
My Redemption Lies In Your Demise
Bodom J
Lynch Mob

Post by Bodom J »

i love rts, would be my favorite album of all time if there wasn't a little thing called far beyond driven.
Recommended listen:

Artist: Dark Tranquillity
Album: Construct
Song: What Only You Know
vinniesfollower
n0ob

Post by vinniesfollower »

i love rts, would be my favorite album of all time if there wasn't a little thing called far beyond driven...........

Reinventing The Steel was the worst Pantera album. And how do you figure that it's better than Cowboys or Vulgar? Dumbass[/code]
My Redemption Lies In Your Demise