Was Reinventing The Steel a good "Last" album for

Talk about anything Pantera related....

Was Reinventing The Steel a good "Final" album for Pantera?

Yes
71%
No
13%
I still like Korn, Slipknot, and Limp Bizkit
16%

Total votes: 68

I_Know_Phil
Far Beyond Driven

Post by I_Know_Phil »

PhilCore wrote:
Eibon wrote:i think it's their best album as far as songs concerned. But as far as production goes i like FBS the most...RTS with the raw in-your-face FBS-production = :x
far beyond steady-fingers. :fu:

I think you're the most stupid cunt I have ever seen.
[quote="Bukkake Tsunami"]The only tits I will ever suck are my mommys, the only vagina I will ever have come out of is my mommys & the only tits I will have felt is my mommys.....YAY! IM NOT A VIRGIN![/quote]
SeanfromHell402
Creampuff

Post by SeanfromHell402 »

no album is a good last album for pantera but this was a great one for the time and follow after trendkill i would give it a 9/10
Most regular people will say,
its hard, any streetwise son of a bitch know
DONT FUCK WITH US
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

SeanfromHell402 wrote:no album is a good last album for pantera but this was a great one for the time and follow after trendkill i would give it a 9/10
Right...
Bad Muthafucker
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Bad Muthafucker »

I think it was a good "last" album. It took some getting used to, but I really like it & keep a copy of it in the car. It's a more mature Pantera...in musicianship, writing, and production. Just take out Power Metal, listen to it & look at the pictures of the band, then do the same with RTS. Nobody can deny that they came a LONG way.
:fu:
Roz
Magically Seditious

Post by Roz »

I_Know_Phil wrote:
PhilCore wrote:
Eibon wrote:i think it's their best album as far as songs concerned. But as far as production goes i like FBS the most...RTS with the raw in-your-face FBS-production = :x
far beyond steady-fingers. :fu:

I think you're the most stupid cunt I have ever seen.
familiar with the rubber/glue axiom?
HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Post by HoustonKJ »

Bad Muthafucker wrote:I think it was a good "last" album. It took some getting used to, but I really like it & keep a copy of it in the car. It's a more mature Pantera...in musicianship, writing, and production. Just take out Power Metal, listen to it & look at the pictures of the band, then do the same with RTS. Nobody can deny that they came a LONG way.
As if we all own copies of Power Metal.
If you can't bench her, don't fuck her.
edgecrusheraza
Creampuff

Post by edgecrusheraza »

HoustonKJ wrote:
Bad Muthafucker wrote:I think it was a good "last" album. It took some getting used to, but I really like it & keep a copy of it in the car. It's a more mature Pantera...in musicianship, writing, and production. Just take out Power Metal, listen to it & look at the pictures of the band, then do the same with RTS. Nobody can deny that they came a LONG way.
I've only heard one song off of it, and I think it was the title track. It sounded like something off Judas Priest's Turbo Lover.
Dime4ever
Creampuff Sr.

Post by Dime4ever »

All those other bands are crap. PanterA is way better than all of them. Long Live PanterA
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

edgecrusheraza wrote:
HoustonKJ wrote:
I've only heard one song off of it, and I think it was the title track. It sounded like something off Judas Priest's Turbo Lover*.
*Screaming for Vengeance, it sounds nothing like anything on turbo.
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
BOOTS001
Creampuff Sr.

Post by BOOTS001 »

No album is a good last album (in this case)...Pantera 4 life!!!! :tup:
THEVULGARCOWBOY420
Creampuff

Post by THEVULGARCOWBOY420 »

its might not be thare finest hour but its hell of alot better the the shit thay so call heavy metal. fuck korn fuck slip knot thay have wut 6 or 7 members and thay still suck dick. ohay by the way zakk put it best about limp bizket ( limp bizket sucks dick) Quote, bitches :fu:
but its still pantera and i lisen to it ever day so if you dont like it suck it :fu:
HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Post by HoustonKJ »

edgecrusheraza wrote:
HoustonKJ wrote:
I've only heard one song off of it, and I think it was the title track. It sounded like something off Judas Priest's Turbo Lover.
Makes sense, Priest was a huge influence, at least on Phil's part.
seriousheavymetaller
Vulgar Bastard

Post by seriousheavymetaller »

edgecrusheraza wrote:
HoustonKJ wrote:
Have you heard that album? :lol: I wouldn't say it sounds anything like Turbo, because on that album they used guitar synths on virtually every song. Although Priest cite it is an experimental album, they were blatantly aiming at the same market as Bon Jovi and the like. Still better than a lot of band's similar efforts at the time though.

'Power Metal' is more comparable to their Painkiller material. They actually sounded heavier than Priest at the time who put out Ram it Down, which was a transitional album between the pop-metal of Turbo and the speed heavy/power metal of Painkiller.

About half the songs on PM are in a similar style, Rock The World, Power Metal, Burrrnnn, Death Trap (A bit of Megadeth influence on this one too), We'll Meet again, recalls Priest ballads a bit too.

The JP influence only really crops up on PM and to a lesser extent a few songs on CFH.
Mr. Fuckin' Hostile
Creampuff

Post by Mr. Fuckin' Hostile »

dead forever wrote:Image
:lol:
Last edited by Mr. Fuckin' Hostile on Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Viking27
Cowboy From Hell

Post by Viking27 »

Revolution Is My Name, Death Rattle, We'll Grind That Axe...

Possibly the best 3 straight Pantera songs from any album and thus makes it a fine album. There is a reason why those were the 3 songs released prior to the album coming out.
[quote="Phil Anselmo"]We were so possesed really and focused on what we wanted to do[/quote]
Viking27
Cowboy From Hell

Post by Viking27 »

Possibly the best 3 straight Pantera songs from any album and thus makes it a fine album. There is a reason why those were the 3 songs released prior to the album coming out.
[quote="Phil Anselmo"]We were so possesed really and focused on what we wanted to do[/quote]
Viking27
Cowboy From Hell

Post by Viking27 »

HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Post by HoustonKJ »

Viking27 wrote:Revolution Is My Name, Death Rattle, We'll Grind That Axe...

I remember that. I was downloading the .mp3s shitting my pants. And let me tell you what; that album was far from a dissappointment. It met all expectations. Especially with 4 years off from TGSTK; I think they came back strong.

Especially considering the completely changed face of mainstream heavy metal at the time. 2000 I'd say was the peak of "aggro" or "nu" metal so it's impressive they remained relevant. The biggest bands at that time that I can even remember were Slipknot, Deftones, Disturbed, Rage Against The Machine and the like. So... :tup:
Jericho
Mouth For War

Post by Jericho »

HoustonKJ wrote:RTS was a great finale album. They ended on a positive vibe. The album as a whole isn't depressing like TGSTK. Songs like I'll Cast A Shadow, Revolution Is My Name, and You've Got To Belong to it are really inspiring. :tup:
qft
Sandblasted_Demigod
Creampuff

Post by Sandblasted_Demigod »

I think it was...heavy riffs...cool production and Phil's vocals were great...It Makes Them Disappear was so heavy and brutal...anyone who likes Slipknot and Korn are idiots, those bands pisses on what metal is...I mean do u like Glen Benton would say Korn is "metal" hell-no!!!!

Reinventing The Steel is an amazing cd!! Period! :fu:
Every fucking song remains the same
To everyone who sucks-up for the fame
Out of strength you know we speak the truth
Every trend that dies is living proof
We'll grind that axe for a long time!!!
xanex666
Creampuff

Post by xanex666 »

phil is still part of the brotherhood no matter what dumb fucking idiots may think. he was pantera just like you and me
texasborn
Stoned Crow

Post by texasborn »

Edna Bodine wrote:
HoustonKJ wrote:They ended on a positive vibe.

I've always liked how happy they are in this picture.
vulgar_swede
Vulgar Bastard

Post by vulgar_swede »

xanex666 wrote:phil is still part of the brotherhood no matter what dumb fucking idiots may think. he was pantera just like you and me
Somebody kill this guy, please.
If I said you have a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?
Bukkake Tsunami
Master Blumpkin

Post by Bukkake Tsunami »

texasborn wrote:
Edna Bodine wrote:
HoustonKJ wrote:They ended on a positive vibe.

I've always liked how happy they are in this picture.
did it make you feel special inside?
Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.
Jericho
Mouth For War

Post by Jericho »

RTS is superb :tup:
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

But its not ACE like Getting Away With Murder!
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
Jericho
Mouth For War

Post by Jericho »

yea its ACE now fuk off :lol:
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Ok I will fuk off lolz

Rex xxx
Sore Neck 101
n0ob

Post by Sore Neck 101 »

Well i would have prevered it not being their last album but i do like it more than others
"More BEERS!!!" Phil Anselmo
KingPantera
Cowboy From Hell

Post by KingPantera »

I rawfuled IRL at the poll.
Black
n0ob

Post by Black »

im a fucking huge fucking goddamn Pantera fucking fuck fan and I love each and every one of their fucking songs. Fuck!

YEAH! Im a fucking tough motherfucker `cause I say fuck so fucking much. Fuck. One more time... FUCK!

I like Pantera`s music and the two first albums kicked ass. But Reinventing Steel... Well, you have to be a "Im a true fucking fan and I like EVERYTHING they`ve made!!!!" -fan if you like that kind of shit.

No bad feelings, Internet tough guys. =)
CP
Crazy Canuck

Post by CP »

Black wrote:im a fucking huge fucking goddamn Pantera fucking fuck fan and I love each and every one of their fucking songs. Fuck!

YEAH! Im a fucking tough motherfucker `cause I say fuck so fucking much. Fuck. One more time... FUCK!

I like Pantera`s music and the two first albums kicked ass. But Reinventing Steel... Well, you have to be a "Im a true fucking fan and I like EVERYTHING they`ve made!!!!" -fan if you like that kind of shit.

Who are you calling an Internet tough guys? Fucking fucking fuck!
Black
n0ob

Post by Black »

CP wrote:
Black wrote:im a fucking huge fucking goddamn Pantera fucking fuck fan and I love each and every one of their fucking songs. Fuck!

Who are you calling an Internet tough guys? Fucking fucking fuck!
Sarcasm rules doesn`t it? Fuck.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

So does the correct " ' " key! FUCK
JB20
Cowboy From Hell

Post by JB20 »

the whole fuckin album is badass :tup:
Bukkake Tsunami
Master Blumpkin

what the fuck is pantera?
Roz
Magically Seditious

Post by Roz »

Bukkake Tsunami wrote:what the fuck is pantera?
PANTERA????? it is what it is.
Bukkake Tsunami
Master Blumpkin

PhilCore wrote:
what are you?
Henkka
I will fuck you up

Post by Henkka »

Bukkake Tsunami wrote:
PhilCore wrote:
what are you?
No
[quote="hektik"]"I viewed this whole topic with my husband :lol: "
I wonder if they made voices for each username. :fu:[/quote]
Roz
Magically Seditious

Post by Roz »

Henkka wrote:
Bukkake Tsunami wrote:
PhilCore wrote:
what are you?
No
wait what :lol: