what are you working on?

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Kyle
Far Beyond Driven

what are you working on?

Post by Kyle »

my band is in the studio, so we're taking a break from writing until all our equipment is at our practice space, i think we're gonna cover "Rise Above" by Black Flag for this West Memphis 3 tribute show we're playing soon, and today i was fucking with the acoustic and started converting the fiddle parts in "the devil went down to georgia" to guitar and i think that could be a blast to bust out at shows...
AfterTheKyle: because i am a full gascan and youre a retard with a sparkler
Firestorm
Mouth For War

Post by Firestorm »

Im working on taking a crap
lolz
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

If you are doing a WM3 benefit, you get a gold star in my book.

I have three semi-ongoing projects. Writing more material for my avant-new wave-metal-lounge outfit, mixing the EP for my garage punk band, and working on arrangements for my Immaculate Abortion solo project.

But people keep coming up to me wanting me to record them or play instruments on their albums, so the solo album keeps getting pushed further and further back. :(
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

stoner shit
[quote="Brandon"] there are weirdos on the net. [/quote]
Lando Griffin
Hail Dimebag

Post by Lando Griffin »

Me and some friends have been working on starting up a band for a few months. It's starting to get a little frustrating cause I want to be geared more towards thrash, and the other guitarist was going for that too originally, but now he's starting to change his mind and wants to do more straight up hard rock stuff. So we're all gonna talk about what we think will work best with our song writing and playing ability :)

...and we still need a singer :x
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

we got a show the first week of june. 30 to 45 min set, half originals half covers. should be sweet
... You're killing me, Smalls.
Kyle
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Kyle »

Pflöyd wrote:If you are doing a WM3 benefit, you get a gold star in my book.

I have three semi-ongoing projects. Writing more material for my avant-new wave-metal-lounge outfit, mixing the EP for my garage punk band, and working on arrangements for my Immaculate Abortion solo project.

But people keep coming up to me wanting me to record them or play instruments on their albums, so the solo album keeps getting pushed further and further back. :(
garage punk, eh? any demos or anything?? there are a few garage punk acts here, but kind of few and far between.
Revolver
Lynch Mob

Post by Revolver »

Band practise tonight.
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

Kyle wrote:
Pflöyd wrote:If you are doing a WM3 benefit, you get a gold star in my book.

garage punk, eh? any demos or anything?? there are a few garage punk acts here, but kind of few and far between.
It's really trashy shit. Completely lo-fi. Nothing you'd hear on the radio.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

Post by SuicideNote »

My band is working on our first album and are practicing up for some summer gigs. Demos of some possible album songs are avialable here along with some other band info.

http://www.myspace.com/virikasmusiconline
[quote]What it's fair to say is that there is a significant number of young Australian males whose first glimpse of the sexualized female is her engaging in graphic, maybe even violent, hardcore sex.[/quote]
Firestorm
Mouth For War

Post by Firestorm »

0 r1Y
lolz
Firestorm
Mouth For War

Post by Firestorm »

SuicideNote wrote:My band is working on our first album and are practicing up for some summer gigs. Demos of some possible album songs are avialable here along with some other band info.

You guys sound awesome, rock on :aargh:
lolz
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

virikas burst onto the scene in 1999. you have made a phenomenal impact, the likes of which i've never witnessed in my life time. recording a demo six years after 'bursting onto the scene' is pretty bad going. the music is shit too.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
Lando Griffin
Hail Dimebag

Post by Lando Griffin »

DBS wrote:virikas burst onto the scene in 1999. you have made a phenomenal impact, the likes of which i've never witnessed in my life time. recording a demo six years after 'bursting onto the scene' is pretty bad going. the music is shit too.
I like how you make this post, and then take the link to your band out of your sig :lol:

Whatever, I felt they were pretty good except for the singer
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

A boner
[quote="trendkiller"]I could lie and say I was downloading a crack for a game or it was a random virus but no, I was trying to watch a horse have sex with a woman.[/quote]
[quote="Neon Doll"]if u wasnt a virgin, you knoe hoe yo sndewrt yhid[/quote]
SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

Post by SuicideNote »

Firestorm wrote:
SuicideNote wrote:My band is working on our first album and are practicing up for some summer gigs. Demos of some possible album songs are avialable here along with some other band info.

You guys sound awesome, rock on :aargh:
Thanks
[quote]What it's fair to say is that there is a significant number of young Australian males whose first glimpse of the sexualized female is her engaging in graphic, maybe even violent, hardcore sex.[/quote]
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

my cover thing, my original thing, and my wifes thing.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

Writing new stuff, gearing up for our show with Michale Graves (ex Misfits) which also happens to be a benefit for the WM3.

Um and we posted a live video and demos (using a drum machine) of a few new songs.

www.myspace.com/burialwithin
http://www.burialwithin.com

[quote="goshuaspenis"]if 90% of all women in pubs are fugly, WHY DO YOU THINK THE WHOLE FUCKING NATION IS KNOWN AS ONE MASSIVE ALCOHOLIC KNOWN AS TEXECUTIONER THE ELECTROTESTICULAR[/quote]
Eyemaster
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Eyemaster »

We're preparing to play a ~30 min set about 200km from our town, we'll be playing:

Leatherface
The slay is on
Use my 666th arm (that's the title for now :lol: )
Hellbound (Pantera)
I'm broken (Pantera)
and if we'll be enough drunk,
Cat scratch fever \m/
i love you
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Eyemaster wrote:We're preparing to play a ~30 min set about 200km from our town, we'll be playing:

Leatherface
The slay is on
Use my 666th arm (that's the title for now :lol: )
Hellbound (Pantera)
I'm broken (Pantera)
and if we'll be enough drunk,
Cat scratch fever \m/
Your band has failed already.
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
Kyle
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Kyle »

Ben wrote:Writing new stuff, gearing up for our show with Michale Graves (ex Misfits) which also happens to be a benefit for the WM3.

Um and we posted a live video and demos (using a drum machine) of a few new songs.

www.myspace.com/burialwithin
we MIGHt be playign with him soon too, i think..
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

yeah? awesome.

I personally don't like him or anything, but there'll be a bigass crowd, a bunch of protesters, and it's to support the WM3. So, hell, why not?

That said, I was wayyyyy more excited about playing with Through the Eyes of the Dead and Ed Gein a few months ago. :tup: That show kicked ass.
http://www.burialwithin.com

[quote="goshuaspenis"]if 90% of all women in pubs are fugly, WHY DO YOU THINK THE WHOLE FUCKING NATION IS KNOWN AS ONE MASSIVE ALCOHOLIC KNOWN AS TEXECUTIONER THE ELECTROTESTICULAR[/quote]
PRJECEDNIK
I will fuck you up

Post by PRJECEDNIK »

i just got into a real ( real as not a pantera cover band i used to be in for 2 years ) band... We play... i dont know what to call it... fucking wierd death metal, kinda like necrophagist... or sleep terror...
anyway, we should record some stuff in near future, ill post them here so you guys can flame me and say that my band sucks :tup:

infact, i guess some of you will say it right now
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

Gearing up for upcoming shows. We have a show this Saturday with Deicide and Vital Remains, so we just went through the set today to make sure we sound clean.

We might be doing a state tour this summer with some badassed bands from northern and southern California. One of which is Gatekeeper, who you should all check out; they're fucking great. http://www.myspace.com/gatekeeper

And this is the tour http://www.myspace.com/metalundergroundtour.

As for the stuff I put up on my site, well I put up a couple new songs since that topic I posted about it. The top 2 are the most recent. You can check em out if you want: http://www.myspace.com/brettrechtfertigmusic. And I'm sure you will all notice the "obsession" with the movie on my page, but whatever. If that bothers you, you're taking myspace too seriously. It was a response to boredom.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

just started gigging with my new band.
Gnarkiller
Trendkiller

Post by Gnarkiller »

PRJECEDNIK wrote:i just got into a real ( real as not a pantera cover band i used to be in for 2 years ) band... We play... i dont know what to call it... fucking wierd death metal, kinda like necrophagist... or sleep terror...
anyway, we should record some stuff in near future, ill post them here so you guys can flame me and say that my band sucks :tup:

infact, i guess some of you will say it right now
Your band will suck.
[quote="STEVE COFFEY"] SYCROTES FACT #285: I like gettin' fucked[/quote]
drummer_goat
Far Beyond Driven

Post by drummer_goat »

working on my chops n shit while this guitarist I've been jamming with records some gutair parts to songs for me to add drums to. Oh and playing metallica covers when jamming as well as gathering ideas for the songs. And begaining to transcirpe a tool song :aargh: But whatever its cool to do, learn alot and waste time too.
Remember to make fun of me because metallica definitly sucks!
I should probably go to the metallica bb and kiss ass huh. Not that I give a fuck what you think
:zzz:
[quote="AlferdPacker"] Open toilet, Put soap in water, Insert cat sit on the toilet lid. Let cat agitate itself in there for at least 5min. Flush 3-5 times to rinse off cat. Jump off toilet seat,and get out of the way as cat lets itself out. [/quote]
SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

Post by SuicideNote »

drummer_goat wrote:working on my chops n shit while this guitarist I've been jamming with records some gutair parts to songs for me to add drums to. Oh and playing metallica covers when jamming as well as gathering ideas for the songs. And begaining to transcirpe a tool song :aargh: But whatever its cool to do, learn alot and waste time too.
Remember to make fun of me because metallica definitly sucks!
I should probably go to the metallica bb and kiss ass huh. Not that I give a fuck what you think
:zzz:
Did your momma spank you?
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Full Scale Uk tour with my band this summer. Then possibly do a few shows in Ireland if we can.
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
Grimlock
Russian Roulette

Post by Grimlock »

I'm doing a band with a few friends, it's sounding like early Deftones at the moment.
Then I'm doing my own thing which will be ambient/doom.
You have exercised utmost discernment, far beyond that of the layman.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

dead forever wrote:Full Scale Uk tour with my band this summer. Then possibly do a few shows in Ireland if we can.
are you coming to Wales?
axlash
Lynch Mob

Post by axlash »

im currently trying to change the lyrics to a few acoustic songs so that I can play them off to drunk whores as originals. :tup:
[quote="Bodom J (2)"]Amadeus is a good film [/quote]
axlash
Lynch Mob

Post by axlash »

i used to have more dignity.
[quote="Bodom J (2)"]Amadeus is a good film [/quote]
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

DBS wrote:
dead forever wrote:Full Scale Uk tour with my band this summer. Then possibly do a few shows in Ireland if we can.
are you coming to Wales?
Probably,Depends if we get enough shows down there to justify it. If not this time round then the next definately.
Watw-Drums
Hail Dimebag

Post by Watw-Drums »

dead forever wrote:
DBS wrote:
are you coming to Wales?
Probably,Depends if we get enough shows down there to justify it. If not this time round then the next definately.
Come play our scouts hall.....
[quote="Edna Bodine"][quote="Richard The Duke"]What do you do when you take a monster shit and you realize that there is no toilet paper in the bathroom??[/quote]

pick it up and throw it out the window[/quote]
Roz
Magically Seditious

Post by Roz »

convincing sA to suck my thick juicy dick.
wal
women = whore

Post by wal »

PhilCore wrote:convincing sA to suck my thick juicy dick.
not funny faggot, stay away from this forum.
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

wal wrote:
:lol:
[quote="trendkiller"]I could lie and say I was downloading a crack for a game or it was a random virus but no, I was trying to watch a horse have sex with a woman.[/quote]
[quote="Neon Doll"]if u wasnt a virgin, you knoe hoe yo sndewrt yhid[/quote]
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

dead forever wrote:
DBS wrote:
are you coming to Wales?
how did you get a uk tour?
Roz
Magically Seditious

Post by Roz »

Lager wrote:
wal wrote:
:lol:
see wal Lager thinks you're wrong. i'd trust Lager's instincts if i was you.

unless yer gonna back up that tough talk somehow? :shock: :shitpants: