VH1 Pantera behind the music...

Talk about anything Pantera related....
the_art_of_shredding
Creampuff

VH1 Pantera behind the music...

Post by the_art_of_shredding »

Just thought id share...
from blabbermouth

"VH1 has officially begun production on a "Behind the Music" special on PANTERA. A photo of ex-PANTERA drummer Vinnie Paul being interviewed by Eric of VH1 for the upcoming program can be viewed at this location. An exact date for the show has not yet been announced.

PANTERA's career overview CD, "The Best of Pantera: Far Beyond the Great Southern Cowboys' Vulgar Hits!" (Elektra/Rhino), was certified platinum on January 13, 2006 by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) for shipments in excess of one million copies in the U.S.

The 16-song "Vulgar Hits!" CD, originally issued in September 2003, was packaged with a bonus DVD boasting 12 videos, including two live performances. The bulk of the material was culled from the band's six major-label releases, but also included were non-album cuts "Cat Scratch Fever" (a cover of the TED NUGENT song that originally appeared on the Polygram soundtrack to "Detroit Rock City") and the BLACK SABBATH cover "Hole in the Sky", previously available only on import.

PANTERA's classic "Vulgar Display of Power" (Elektra) album was certified double-platinum in 2004, signifying shipments of more than 2,000,000 units in the U.S. since its February 25, 1992 release.

As previously reported, Rhino Video has set an April 4 release date for PANTERA's "3 Vulgar Videos From Hell" three-DVD set featuring all the band's videos as well as live footage shot during the Monsters of Rock gig in Moscow.

Originally released on DVD in 1999, this version features the same content with improved menus and all-new Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound. In fact, it is the first PANTERA release ever in 5.1 Surround Sound. It features: "Cowboys From Hell The Videos", "Vulgar Video", "3 Watch It Go", and "Pantera Live From Monsters of Rock In Moscow". "
the_art_of_shredding
Creampuff

Post by the_art_of_shredding »

Might aswell only read the first paragraph...
Jericho
Mouth For War

Re: VH1 Pantera behind the music...

Post by Jericho »

the_art_of_shredding wrote:Just thought id share...
from blabbermouth

"VH1 has officially begun production on a "Behind the Music" special on PANTERA. A photo of ex-PANTERA drummer Vinnie Paul being interviewed by Eric of VH1 for the upcoming program can be viewed at this location. An exact date for the show has not yet been announced.

PANTERA's career overview CD, "The Best of Pantera: Far Beyond the Great Southern Cowboys' Vulgar Hits!" (Elektra/Rhino), was certified platinum on January 13, 2006 by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) for shipments in excess of one million copies in the U.S.

The 16-song "Vulgar Hits!" CD, originally issued in September 2003, was packaged with a bonus DVD boasting 12 videos, including two live performances. The bulk of the material was culled from the band's six major-label releases, but also included were non-album cuts "Cat Scratch Fever" (a cover of the TED NUGENT song that originally appeared on the Polygram soundtrack to "Detroit Rock City") and the BLACK SABBATH cover "Hole in the Sky", previously available only on import.

PANTERA's classic "Vulgar Display of Power" (Elektra) album was certified double-platinum in 2004, signifying shipments of more than 2,000,000 units in the U.S. since its February 25, 1992 release.

As previously reported, Rhino Video has set an April 4 release date for PANTERA's "3 Vulgar Videos From Hell" three-DVD set featuring all the band's videos as well as live footage shot during the Monsters of Rock gig in Moscow.

Originally released on DVD in 1999, this version features the same content with improved menus and all-new Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound. In fact, it is the first PANTERA release ever in 5.1 Surround Sound. It features: "Cowboys From Hell The Videos", "Vulgar Video", "3 Watch It Go", and "Pantera Live From Monsters of Rock In Moscow". "
screw that
HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Post by HoustonKJ »

:lol:

spot on thread so far.

i wonder what year we'll finally see some unreleased pantera recordings?

/ a box set
If you can't bench her, don't fuck her.
Bad Muthafucker
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Bad Muthafucker »

Awesome!
:fu:
Lando Griffin
Hail Dimebag

Post by Lando Griffin »

fuck, I got the pantera vulgar videos from hell for christmas, and now there's an improved version :lol:
Andy
Creampuff

Post by Andy »

Lando Griffin wrote:fuck, I got the pantera vulgar videos from hell for christmas, and now there's an improved version :lol:
keep it as collector's item.
www.angelfire.com/ga/HC6Metalvideos/
Pantera and others video collection.
Trading video (for now) and other metal shows, trading cdrs too.
WeStandAlone-Hostile
Creampuff

Post by WeStandAlone-Hostile »

Awesome. I Was Gonna Get The Original One But If Thats Comin Out I'll Wait A Bit. Has Anyone Seen That Nirvana With The Lights Out Box???
I Was Fucking Angry, For A Band That Only Went For 4-5 Years To Have A Boxset And Pantera, A Much Better Band And Went For About 10- 12 Years Get Ignored Untill Dimes Tragic Death. (Im Speaking From A Veiw From The UK Anyway So It May Be Different In The U.S)
Bad Muthafucker
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Bad Muthafucker »

Lando Griffin wrote:fuck, I got the pantera vulgar videos from hell for christmas, and now there's an improved version :lol:
I wouldn't really worry about it. I have the original one too. The only difference is the improved quality of the sound. There's no actual new footage. I'm sure not gonna buy this "new" one. To me, the quality of the sound on the one I have is just fine.

Sounds more to me like the record company is trying to milk the Pantera name for all they can get now that there won't be any new material. Shit...next thing you know, they'll be re-releasing all the albums with the same songs and just say that they've been re-mastered or have new liner notes or new cardboard case packaging or something like that...but still with just the same old music...a' la AC/DC. Or hell, they can re-release them next year re-mastered, then again in five years with new cardboard case packaging, and then in ten years with new liner notes! That way we all have to buy them THREE more times instead of just one more time! Fucking god-damed greedy record company execs!!
:fu:
Henkka
I will fuck you up

Post by Henkka »

Bad Muthafucker wrote:
I wouldn't really worry about it. I have the original one too. The only difference is the improved quality of the sound. There's no actual new footage. I'm sure not gonna buy this "new" one. To me, the quality of the sound on the one I have is just fine.

Sounds more to me like the record company is trying to milk the Pantera name for all they can get now that there won't be any new material. Shit...next thing you know, they'll be re-releasing all the albums with the same songs and just say that they've been re-mastered or have new liner notes or new cardboard case packaging or something like that...but still with just the same old music...a' la AC/DC. Or hell, they can re-release them next year re-mastered, then again in five years with new cardboard case packaging, and then in ten years with new liner notes! That way we all have to buy them THREE more times instead of just one more time! Fucking god-damed greedy record company execs!!
Imagine..

First we had mono... then we had stereo.. after that we had 5.1, now we have 7.1... i bet there's gonna be 10.2 releases.. heck, even 20.5 if technology advances like this.

Looks like plenty of re-masterizations. :)
[quote="hektik"]"I viewed this whole topic with my husband :lol: "
I wonder if they made voices for each username. :fu:[/quote]
HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Wow, their greatest hits sold a million copies.

Post by HoustonKJ »

Hot damn. 1,000,000 copies sold of the greatest hits. That's so awesome to hear. Made my fucking day matter of fact. :tup:
If you can't bench her, don't fuck her.

Re: Wow, their greatest hits sold a million copies.

Post by Guest »

HoustonKJ wrote:Hot damn. 1,000,000 copies sold of the greatest hits. That's so awesome to hear. Made my fucking day matter of fact. :tup:
yer joking right? you can't possibly be happy about that horrendous piece of crap selling 1/2 as much in a few years as Vulgar has in almost 15??
MikeyHelms
Trendkiller

Post by MikeyHelms »

PhilCore wrote:
HoustonKJ wrote:Hot damn. 1,000,000 copies sold of the greatest hits. That's so awesome to hear. Made my fucking day matter of fact. :tup:
yer joking right? you can't possibly be happy about that horrendous piece of crap selling 1/2 as much in a few years as Vulgar has in almost 15??
i thought vulgar sold a million in 1992 but the sales only says it sold that much in the U.S. since.

Post by Guest »

MikeyHelms wrote:
PhilCore wrote:
i thought vulgar sold a million in 1992 but the sales only says it sold that much in the U.S. since.
yeah...fucking sad. most of the million people who bought the abonimable "greatest hits" bullshit aren't real fans, they probably just had a passing interest due to seeing Dime's name in the news or something. :no:
Eyemaster
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Eyemaster »

WeStandAlone-Hostile wrote:Awesome. I Was Gonna Get The Original One But If Thats Comin Out I'll Wait A Bit. Has Anyone Seen That Nirvana With The Lights Out Box???
I Was Fucking Angry, For A Band That Only Went For 4-5 Years To Have A Boxset And Pantera, A Much Better Band And Went For About 10- 12 Years Get Ignored Untill Dimes Tragic Death. (Im Speaking From A Veiw From The UK Anyway So It May Be Different In The U.S)
Are you fucking stupid? :aargh:
i love you
visi0nX
Creampuff

Post by visi0nX »

Yep, few other site resources i read up on said may 11th is the target premier date for it.... BE THERE.