guitar pro

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
dirtbag
Creampuff

guitar pro

Post by dirtbag »

does anybody have guitar pro? I have a general idea of what it does, but im not 100% on its full capabilities. I think i read somewhere on this board that dime used it in the cfh days...

so does it only play the tab to give you a jist of what the music will sound like, or is there more to it?

any feedback is appreciated.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Re: guitar pro

Post by croninburg »

dirtbag wrote:does anybody have guitar pro? I have a general idea of what it does, but im not 100% on its full capabilities. I think i read somewhere on this board that dime used it in the cfh days...

so does it only play the tab to give you a jist of what the music will sound like, or is there more to it?

DBS :lol:
PanteraSlave
Creampuff

Post by PanteraSlave »

what it is, is it displays a tab, and it plays it in midi format, but scrolls across the tab, so its like playing from a book without having to turn the pages. There are lots of different things to do, like change instruments, you can write your own music (tab or note form!) Depending on how accurate the tab is, is how good it is. there are bass, guitar, drums, keyboards and other crazy instruments like bird cheeps and bagpipes. and it is very very helpful.

go to:

www.guitar-pro.com to buy a download a trial/ buy a full version
and
www.mysongbook.com to download tabs!

I give it 5 out of 5. brilliant software! buy it now!

if you want a better summary,

http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php? ... b70426def8

go to that/!
Last edited by PanteraSlave on Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeathSion
Cowboy From Hell

Post by DeathSion »

What the fuck is guitar pro?

Dimebag used it? I better get it!
Revolver
Lynch Mob

Post by Revolver »

DeathSion wrote:Dimebag used it? I better get it!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
drummer_goat
Far Beyond Driven

Post by drummer_goat »

PanteraSlave wrote:what it is, is it displays a tab, and it plays it in midi format, but scrolls across the tab, so its like playing from a book without having to turn the pages. There are lots of different things to do, like change instruments, you can write your own music (tab or note form!) Depending on how accurate the tab is, is how good it is. there are bass, guitar, drums, keyboards and other crazy instruments like bird cheeps and bagpipes. and it is very very helpful.

go to:

and

go to that/!
Hey does anyone know if their is any program that will scroll drum music kinda like that? The drum notation, not the xoxo bs.
[quote="AlferdPacker"] Open toilet, Put soap in water, Insert cat sit on the toilet lid. Let cat agitate itself in there for at least 5min. Flush 3-5 times to rinse off cat. Jump off toilet seat,and get out of the way as cat lets itself out. [/quote]
Maelstrom
Bukkake Master

Post by Maelstrom »

DeathSion wrote:What the fuck is guitar pro?

Dimebag used it? I better get it!
Yeah, the whole CFH album was played with it!
Kevin James derp de derp. Derp de derpity derpee derp. Until one day aderp aderp aderp. Derp de derp, ta teetley tum. From the creators of Der, and Tum Ta Tittaly Tum Ta Too, Kevin James is Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb. Rated PG-13.
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

croninburg wrote:
dirtbag wrote:does anybody have guitar pro? I have a general idea of what it does, but im not 100% on its full capabilities. I think i read somewhere on this board that dime used it in the cfh days...

DBS :lol:
:lol:
DeathSion
Cowboy From Hell

Post by DeathSion »

drummer_goat wrote:
PanteraSlave wrote:what it is, is it displays a tab, and it plays it in midi format, but scrolls across the tab, so its like playing from a book without having to turn the pages. There are lots of different things to do, like change instruments, you can write your own music (tab or note form!) Depending on how accurate the tab is, is how good it is. there are bass, guitar, drums, keyboards and other crazy instruments like bird cheeps and bagpipes. and it is very very helpful.

go to:

and

go to that/!
Hey does anyone know if their is any program that will scroll drum music kinda like that? The drum notation, not the xoxo bs.
I believe if you look at the drums on guitar pro..when the window is big enough...you can see that it's not just fucking xoxo bs ....they actually have the drum notation..
DeathSion
Cowboy From Hell

Post by DeathSion »

Dimejandro
I will fuck you up

Post by Dimejandro »

powertabs!! fuck paying for the software.
Pickled fetus worshipped
Divine Mongoloid
Was fucked in Effigy
Gnarkiller
Trendkiller

Post by Gnarkiller »

drummer_goat wrote:

go to:

and

go to that/!

XoXo :oops:
[quote="STEVE COFFEY"] SYCROTES FACT #285: I like gettin' fucked[/quote]
long4theblur
King

Post by long4theblur »

its good for learning music, writing stuff too. but since i got the digi studio, cool edit pro is the pimp :tup:
BREATH HOLD!

"And if I leave you, let me leave you entirely un-enthralled. That way, if you remember me years later, it's for good cause and not something completely forced. When I walk that door, I pray for a collective yawn."
Firestorm
Mouth For War

Post by Firestorm »

go to:

and

go to that/!
Fucking download it from file sharing :lol: :lol:
lolz
PanteraSlave
Creampuff

Post by PanteraSlave »

Firestorm wrote:
Fucking download it from file sharing :lol: :lol:[/quote]

lol
:lol:
Shut up. Or ill give you a paragalactic attack.
MouthForWar5757
Creampuff

Post by MouthForWar5757 »

Firestorm wrote:

go to:

and

go to that/!
Fucking download it from file sharing :lol: :lol:
Ha. that's what I did. god bless limewire...
i have a rash where the sun don't shine! =)
Haha, awkward.
Shred-Dimebag
I will fuck you up

Post by Shred-Dimebag »

dude get guitar pro 4 only. im a cheap fuck i dont haev any money so i use the free trial. on guitar pro 4 it says your time has run out but u can just click let me try or somethin and u can keep usin it :tup:

its an amazing software, its usually the complete accuarate song (almost always) and there is drums, guitar, bass, vocals, anything in it. sounds like the actuall song too! you can make ur own songs (which is so difficult i just say fuck it) and u can to speed training by putting in say

e.g tab: 1 to 7

tempo: 110 out of 150

loop increase:10

some shit like that. you can change it to whatever you want. really neat program, takes no time to download the tab too. 911tabs.com is the place to go!

:tup: :tup: happy ass kicking
you know sometimes i wonder..
PanteraRuleTheWorld
Far Beyond Driven

Post by PanteraRuleTheWorld »

dirtbag wrote:I think i read somewhere on this board that dime used it in the cfh days...
:roll: Because computers were capable of this in 1990...
All the money in the fuckin world couldn't buy me a second of trust!
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

Dimejandro wrote:powertabs!! fuck paying for the software.

pay?.... :lol: I don't think so.
pirate version with a key gen,

it's better for writing shit, and I'm a bsss player, if
I can't figure it out by ear, I shouldn't be playing it.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]