wow, i never get nervous before shows...

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Kyle
Far Beyond Driven

wow, i never get nervous before shows...

Post by Kyle »

tomorrow/tonights a big one...

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/entert ... bandits%22

our name is mentioned a little ways down the page...

this thing could be huge for us.
AfterTheKyle: because i am a full gascan and youre a retard with a sparkler
long4theblur
King

Post by long4theblur »

yes, because as we all know, st. louis is a well established mecca of rock talent
BREATH HOLD!

"And if I leave you, let me leave you entirely un-enthralled. That way, if you remember me years later, it's for good cause and not something completely forced. When I walk that door, I pray for a collective yawn."
Kyle
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Kyle »

well you know, st louis isnt huge by any stretch, but there is a hell of a scene here, this is a show where reviews will be written, it could mean a lot of good press or a lot of bad press, and im relying on 5 other people to make it good.
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Good luck :tup:
Bob Heebert
I will fuck you up

Post by Bob Heebert »

smoke a j before going on, youl forget all about the crowd and just jam out.
-Thread Killer-
iron_tusk
Im Broken

Post by iron_tusk »

are you "The Pubes"?
http://www.last.fm/user/ether3al

"I walk whenever the weather provides
Everybody needs some time outside"
BabyKiller
Sexual Rubik's Cube

Post by BabyKiller »

i don't mind that your band sucks, but it's the fact that you think you're going somewhere with it that makes me :(
"The world I live in is one where I have five quarrels a day, each with someone who really takes me on over something; and if I can't get into an argument, I go looking for one, to make sure I trust my own arguments, to hone them."
Bob Heebert
I will fuck you up

Post by Bob Heebert »

iron_tusk wrote:are you "The Pubes"?
yes
-Thread Killer-
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

Is your band going to break up after you get ripped apart in the reviews?
Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
axlash
Lynch Mob

Post by axlash »

:lol: local bands
[quote="Bodom J (2)"]Amadeus is a good film [/quote]
long4theblur
King

Post by long4theblur »

i like local bands that KNOW they're local, and not some high school halfass talent that think they're the next metallica
BREATH HOLD!

"And if I leave you, let me leave you entirely un-enthralled. That way, if you remember me years later, it's for good cause and not something completely forced. When I walk that door, I pray for a collective yawn."
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

long4theblur wrote:i like local bands that KNOW they're local, and not some high school halfass talent that think they're the next metallica
local cover band = live juke box.
local original band = live juke box with songs no one has ever heard.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
Bob Heebert
I will fuck you up

Post by Bob Heebert »

except local bands with orginality are less repetative and dont get old as quick.
-Thread Killer-
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

PABassPlayer wrote:
long4theblur wrote:i like local bands that KNOW they're local, and not some high school halfass talent that think they're the next metallica
I'm sorry, but this is a really stupid thing that you just said.

Big-name act = live juke box.
Your grandma queefing Camptown Races = live juke box.
Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

BassPhemy wrote:
PABassPlayer wrote:
I'm sorry, but this is a really stupid thing that you just said.

Big-name act = live juke box.
Your grandma queefing Camptown Races = live juke box.
How'd you know my grandma could do that!!??
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

Bob Heebert wrote:except local bands with orginality are less repetative and dont get old as quick.
we've had a few original bands open for us, a few that are really good, but they are few and far between.

this is not heavy by any means, but these guys are doing very well in the Philly area.

http://www.morningsiderocks.com/morningside/Main.htm
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

Kyle
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Kyle »

iron_tusk wrote:are you "The Pubes"?

no, the red handed bandits, and we are the only local ON that first bill. the grand opening is mostly local, but its the local bands that could be national if they moved to the right spot.
Kyle
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Kyle »

show went great, i LOVE japanese bands...

the crowd turnout wasnt exactly what i hoped for, and much to everyones dismay, there was no open bar....but it was still a good night, there was one more local act that played before us, a guy by the name of mark. he calls the act mark's invaders. the act involved himself, a guitar, some DJ lights, slayer covers, and a prerecorded drum track. the crowd didnt dig this guy at all, but i fucking loved it... not because it sounded like anything special, but because i admire the hell out of this guy. he looks mid 40 to 50ish, he set up his gear in a slayer t shirt but when he got onstage he was decked out in this metal as hell getup, and he tried to say something to the crowd but the chick doing sound had already started the drum track so he was like "are you rea- HELL AWAITS!!!!" and he went on to have the best time of his life. talking to the guy before and after the set i could tell he really wasnt all the way there, (but he still managed to remember "hey, youre the guy that kept yelling at me to play seasons!")
but he fucking loved every second of what he did. the crowd stood there with blank stares, i was headbanging as if it was really slayer on that stage, and that guy felt like he was on top of the world. guys like that are why i love music. he wasnt great, he wasnt bad, but he didnt give a shit because he knew for that time period, that stage was his. we played next and had a blast, we got a lot of advice and compliments from the independents, gito gito hustler came up after us and was a blast, the spunks were fantastic, the guitarist and the bassist kept arguing and it was hilarious, then the singer talked about how much he liked sushi and called us all ham sandwiches. then the independents came up and rocked as only they know how. and peelander z did human bowling.
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

I play "big" venues as a local original band all the time and have opened for national acts. It doesn't mean shit.

The fact that your band sucks on top of it just made all your nervousness unfounded, you were forgotten by the second band's second song.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
axlash
Lynch Mob

Post by axlash »

national acts? elaborate, please.
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

haha, bands like the Gin Blossoms and Molly Hatchet. Not any "cool" metal bands (because metal sucks).
Kyle
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Kyle »

Pflöyd wrote:I play "big" venues as a local original band all the time and have opened for national acts. It doesn't mean shit.

The fact that your band sucks on top of it just made all your nervousness unfounded, you were forgotten by the second band's second song.
god youre a stroke.... i get it, you dont like me, and im really torn the fuck up about it. for being a member of a message board youre pretty territorial. yes my band sucks, yes we get booked, yes people come see us show after show after show, they buy merch, and they promote the hell out of us. because we suck. if we didnt have a following, i would have dropped it a long time ago, but monday we had people paying 30 dollars at the door to see US. so we must be a true anomaly of physics, to suck and blow simultaneously that much, and if we were "forgotten, i dont think the owner of the joint would have bought us all drinks, i dont think we would have gotten compliments from every single other act that played. i dont think the big acts weve opened for in the past would have told us to get ahold of them as SOON as we get a demo, so they can pass it on, if we were any good at all. you really have to suck to get that kind of respect.
axlash
Lynch Mob

Post by axlash »

Kyle wrote:
Pflöyd wrote:I play "big" venues as a local original band all the time and have opened for national acts. It doesn't mean shit.

god youre a stroke.... i get it, you dont like me, and im really torn the fuck up about it. for being a member of a message board youre pretty territorial. yes my band sucks, yes we get booked, yes people come see us show after show after show, they buy merch, and they promote the hell out of us. because we suck. if we didnt have a following, i would have dropped it a long time ago, but monday we had people paying 30 dollars at the door to see US. so we must be a true anomaly of physics, to suck and blow simultaneously that much, and if we were "forgotten, i dont think the owner of the joint would have bought us all drinks, i dont think we would have gotten compliments from every single other act that played. i dont think the big acts weve opened for in the past would have told us to get ahold of them as SOON as we get a demo, so they can pass it on, if we were any good at all. you really have to suck to get that kind of respect.
oh snap :lol:
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

Kyle wrote:

Millions of bands all over the country do the exact same thing. Someone handed Huey Lewis a record deal once. Lots of national acts talk about "Hey, give a us a demo duuuude, we'll help you out" when really all that will come of it is that they have some shiny new disposable beer coasters. Let's not split hairs here.

Your band is nothing special. When people in another thread reminded you of this, you blew up and threatened to fly out to their house and kick their asses. That doesn't sound like confidence in what you do. That sounds like typical insecure emo-bullshit covered with a tough-guy veneer even though you look about a buck ten soaking wet and play music that a thousand other bands have already done to death.
Kyle
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Kyle »

that was a joke you fucking asshat. i couldnt give two shits if anyone on here hates me or my band, i think you have gotta be jealous or have no life. maybe both. i dont give a shit about getting big, we have enough of a local following to where i know its no fluke...

and youre gonna call us emo?? have you ever even heard emo or actual punk rock?? if anything we are more streetpunk. youre right, lets not split hairs. you need to find a better hobby than fulfilling your need to feel tough by trying to start shit with someone on a message board you know youll never meet in real life. youre a real piece of work. i hope for your sake you find a better lifestyle, because one day youre gonna get old and youre gonna feel cheated.
axlash
Lynch Mob

Post by axlash »

Kyle wrote:that was a joke you fucking asshat. i couldnt give two shits if anyone on here hates me or my band, i think you have gotta be jealous or have no life. .

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :no: :no: :no: :fag: :fag: :fag:
Kyle
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Kyle »

and just who the fuck are you? youre another stroke without a life, fuckin amazing. is that the low this board has hit?? try to shoot down the first fucker who steps away from the computer to do something?? eat shit and die, cunt.

:no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :fur: :fur: :fur: :|): :|): :tup: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :fu: :fu: :jew: :jew: :jew: :jew: :jew: :jew: :jew:

god damn im so fucking cool...
DeathSion
Cowboy From Hell

Post by DeathSion »

This board is turning emo.
Kyle
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Kyle »

i dont know if that was for me, or against me...

but fuck you.
DeathSion
Cowboy From Hell

Post by DeathSion »

Both. :negro:
Kyle
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Kyle »

hey, fuck you buddy. whats your address? ill find you.
DeathSion
Cowboy From Hell

Post by DeathSion »

Kyle wrote:

I've honestly never heard your band. I also really don't care too either. Unless you feel that I need to. From my experience though..no matter how much a band sucks or how good they are...people tell them they're good(especially with other bands) nobody really is a dick to the people's face. I do alot, especially with the damn guitar lessons I give. Or when someone shows you their music they made..and they're reawwy proud of it...most people wont crush their world and just go "you suck" ..they usually go "yeah, you're doing good...that sounds great" type of bullshit..then turn around and go "wow they fucking suck."
I have this happen alot...i got a couple guys i know..that use to jam with me..who i quit jamming with cause they were horrible...they have their own band...i'm not really friends with them..but i go to every one of their shows..and compliment them even though you can't hear a sing distinct note....just so i don't look like a critisizing jack ass.
DeathSion
Cowboy From Hell

Post by DeathSion »

Kyle wrote:hey, fuck you buddy. whats your address? ill find you.
Shut the fuck up.
Kyle
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Kyle »

fuck you, douchebag...

and yeah i do agree, there are plenty of people you give empty compliments to for the sake of appeasing them, but driving 40 minutes, buying drinks, show after show, i dont think theyd keep doing it this long if we sucked... theres just a lot of jealousy on here...
DeathSion
Cowboy From Hell

Post by DeathSion »

So, getting people's addresses who insult you online....just so you can go there and suck their cocks..does that make you a loyal homosexual?
DeathSion
Cowboy From Hell

Post by DeathSion »

Ok, so this got me interested. I went to your myspace.

:lol: You have balls to post something that horrible. I was somewhat expecting a metallica wannabe type thing. I was in over my head. I'm still laughing though. I best part about it is..when you guys do the "ooooOOooOh" bullshit...it sounds like there's a kid with down syndrom in the background trying to do it too. :lol:
Kyle
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Kyle »

there practically is.... our friends, the mexicans like to get smashed and steal microphones....
Kyle
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Kyle »

DeathSion wrote:So, getting people's addresses who insult you online....just so you can go there and suck their cocks..does that make you a loyal homosexual?
i find it funny that i crack a joke about being an e-hardass and you immediately picture a guy blowing you...
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

Kyle wrote:that was a joke you fucking asshat. i couldnt give two shits if anyone on here hates me or my band, i think you have gotta be jealous or have no life. maybe both. i dont give a shit about getting big, we have enough of a local following to where i know its no fluke...

and youre gonna call us emo?? have you ever even heard emo or actual punk rock?? if anything we are more streetpunk. youre right, lets not split hairs. you need to find a better hobby than fulfilling your need to feel tough by trying to start shit with someone on a message board you know youll never meet in real life. youre a real piece of work. i hope for your sake you find a better lifestyle, because one day youre gonna get old and youre gonna feel cheated.
Reading comprehension is your friend. Your music isn't emo, you are. Your music just sucks. And I certainly wouldn't call it streetpunk. that's an insult to real people who play real punk, not a bunch of suburbanites in their dad's garage regurgitating the real thing in a shinier, more palpable product. But you're so insecure about it. And I'm far from jealous, I play in three bands and record and produce others when I have time. I do quite well and couldn't give two shits whether people like what I do or not. Those who get it, do and those who don't do not even cross my mind. So my "lifestyle" is just fine.

If you want to be a musician, you need a thicker skin. You obviously take criticism pretty bad and it's probably your lack of confidence that acerbates that. Go back and practice some more and learn how to write something that doesn't totally rip off MTV fads.
Gnarkiller
Trendkiller

Post by Gnarkiller »

Kyle you just like that drummer_goat faggot. People say shit about you and you have to reply back to everyone with retarded posts trying to back yourself up. People are always gonna say shit especialy on the internet.
[quote="STEVE COFFEY"] SYCROTES FACT #285: I like gettin' fucked[/quote]