Philip <3s Carrie Underwood

Talk about anything Pantera related....
Bren
Grim

Philip <3s Carrie Underwood

Post by Bren »

PHILIP ANSELMO To 'American Idol' Winner UNDERWOOD: 'I'm A Huge Fan, Seriously' - Mar. 11, 2006
According to one person who attended last night's taping of VH1 Classic's "Decades Rock Live!" tribute to HEART at the Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City, former PANTERA and current SUPERJOINT RITUAL/DOWN frontman Philip Anselmo — who performed with the reunited ALICE IN CHAINS at the event — was seen "drunkenly walking up to 'American Idol' winner Carrie Underwood" — who was also one of the night's performers — "throwing his tattooed arm around her neck and saying, 'I'm a huge fan... I — I actually — I actually voted for you! No, seriously!'"

Anselmo joined ALICE IN CHAINS members Jerry Cantrell (guitar), Mike Inez (bass) and Sean Kinney (drums), plus guest musician (on second guitar) Duff McKagan (VELVET REVOLVER, ex-GUNS N' ROSES), for two songs: "Them Bones" and "Would?" (Photo#1, Photo#2). COMES WITH THE FALL vocalist/guitarist and member of Jerry Cantrell's touring band William DuVall made an appearance on lead vocals for "Man in the Box" and "Angy Chair". Both "Man in the Box' and "Would?" were performed twice — presumably so that the best performance could be used in the edited version of the program, which is expected to premier in May. After HEART played several of their classics with the help of several guests — including former JANE'S ADDICTION/RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS guitarist Dave Navarro — ALICE IN CHAINS returned to the stage to perform "Rooster" with HEART.

In a posting on his official web site, Navarro wrote about last night's taping, "All I can tell you is that is was AWESOME!!! The band [HEART] looked and sounded truly amazing and Ann and Nancy couldn't be sweeter or more down to earth. They played for more than two hours, featuring an acoustic 'Battle of Evermore', 'Magic Man', 'Barracuda' and a killer version of 'Rooster' with ALICE IN CHAINS. I had the honor of doing 'Bebe Le Strange', 'Crazy On You' and 'Straight on with Heart'. The performance was so inspired and I can't think of a more deserving band for this 'Decades' program which will air on VH1 in May. I ended up doing a couple of encore songs... 'Barracuda' with HEART, Jerry Cantrell, Duff McKagan and Rufus Wainwright and then I stayed on for two ZEPPELIN covers... 'Black Dog' and 'Misty Mountain Hop'. By the way, HEART's bass player happens to be Mike Inez who also happens to be the bass player for ALICE IN CHAINS. He was on double duty last night and he rocked it. Now for ALICE. Mind blowing. Jerry is at the top of his game and the band, Mike and Sean, featuring Duff on guitar, sounded absolutely perfect! Like they never went away. Having known those guys for close to 15 years, I have to tell you that I was really choked up to see them again. It made me miss Layne while at the same time, celebrate his memory. AIC really honored his legacy by inviting two singers to do the job last night... William DuVall from COMES WITH THE FALL and yes, PANTERA's Phil Anselmo! The show was both full of emotion and exciting as all hell!"
http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net ... emID=49458

:lol:
Revolver
Lynch Mob

Post by Revolver »

Philcore! :aargh: :lol: :lol:
herr demonized
Grimmer than Grim

Post by herr demonized »

video or mp3! :aargh:
Darkthrone Holy Darkthrone
Firestorm
Mouth For War

Post by Firestorm »

herr demonized wrote:video or mp3! :aargh:
lolz
Metal66
Trendkiller

Post by Metal66 »

Revolver wrote:Philcore! :aargh: :lol: :lol:
[quote="Avulsed"]Some white girl I met in summer school said she got pregnant from a black man so she threw herself down the stairs twice.[/quote]
Sunnie24
Far Beyond Driven

Decades of Rock singers

Post by Sunnie24 »

That's a crazy, but cool mix of singer's they put together there, I'd like to hear it when it comes out. I like Alice in Chains.
Shred-Dimebag
I will fuck you up

Re: Decades of Rock singers

Post by Shred-Dimebag »

Sunnie24 wrote:That's a crazy, but cool mix of singer's they put together there, I'd like to hear it when it comes out. I like Alice in Chains.

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YEAAAA :aargh:

its fuckin awesome to see phill out and about and my fuckin hero (dimebag too) Jerry Cantrell kickin ass with the AIC setup. Bass and Drummer of AIC kick fuckin ass too man. :tup:
you know sometimes i wonder..
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

If this was true, the quote would be more like:
"Philip motherfuckin' Anselmo is a god damn a huge fan... He god damned well — motherfuckin' well voted for this fuckin shit right here! I ain't bullshittin ya, fuckin cocksucker! Lemme hear that shit ONE TWO THREE FYEUH"
Shred-Dimebag
I will fuck you up

Post by Shred-Dimebag »

croninburg wrote:If this was true, the quote would be more like:
"Philip motherfuckin' Anselmo is a god damn a huge fan... He god damned well — motherfuckin' well voted for this fuckin shit right here! I ain't bullshittin ya, fuckin cocksucker! Lemme hear that shit ONE TWO THREE FYEUH"
haha, the phill language is great
you know sometimes i wonder..
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

You're my hero croninburg! :tup: :negro:
Eyemaster
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Eyemaster »

TK wrote:You're my hero croninburg!
i love you
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Lemme hear that shit ONE TWO THREE FYEUH"
:lol: :tup:
Zivi
BOOM headshot!

Post by Zivi »

He wants to eat her pussy til his jaw breaks, that's all.
Panterachat get your metal pestilence. Arbuckle hospital. Iron from 1920s. Aheels. Seals hockey. Evan lysacek personal life. Bbb certified at home ...
axlash
Lynch Mob

Post by axlash »

[quote="Bodom J (2)"]Amadeus is a good film [/quote]
Browns Town
CONSPIRACY

Post by Browns Town »

Phil watches Amercian Idol. :lol: :tup:

I'm sure he is a big fan, who wouldn't be?

I am a hostile heterosexual male who is very pissed off.
Train Through A Pigeon
Cowboy From Hell

Post by Train Through A Pigeon »

she looked pretty hot @ the Decades of Rock :|):
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

you know phil wrecked that pussy
... You're killing me, Smalls.
anty
I will fuck you up

Post by anty »

axlash wrote::lol:
being poor is funny now :aargh:
"What do these deer think when they see you coming?"

only interested in three things: the best place to eat, having sex and how quickly they can run away. Much like the French."