my new toy...

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Kyle
Far Beyond Driven

my new toy...

Post by Kyle »

http://www.bossgtcentral.com/gt5.php

i cant wait till it gets here.
AfterTheKyle: because i am a full gascan and youre a retard with a sparkler
Firestorm
Mouth For War

Post by Firestorm »

Too many buttons.
lolz
Grimlock
Russian Roulette

Post by Grimlock »

My friend used to use one of those, good multi-fx :tup:
You have exercised utmost discernment, far beyond that of the layman.
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

i got a gt-6. don't bother getting patches off the net, create your own
... You're killing me, Smalls.
Kyle
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Kyle »

i heard the patching thing off the net is a bitch. i like having all the bells and whistles to fuck with. now i have to lug my practice amp and guitar to my own place and learn this things inner chi.
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

i used headphones to mess around with settings
Gor-Gor
Tyrant-King

Post by Gor-Gor »

ten bucks says that thing doesnt have a straight up distortion channel. and if it does, its weak as fuck
[quote="IFryKids"]I bet you were drunk on maple syrup and powdered donuts, you sloppy piece of shit.[/quote]
[quote="DBS"]shut the fuck up you greasy disaster.[/quote]
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

boss metal zone (mt-2), sounds great. couple of other boss distortion bd-2, od-2
my gt6 also has ibanez tube screamer, fuzzface, acetone fuzz, marshall guv'nor. those are a couple i can remember
Kyle
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Kyle »

Gor-Gor wrote:ten bucks says that thing doesnt have a straight up distortion channel. and if it does, its weak as fuck
ill let you know how it performs when i get it.. ANYTHING is better than what im workin with right now. i had a DOD before that wasnt NEARLY as nice that had all kinds of distortions on it.
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

Gor-Gor wrote:ten bucks says that thing doesnt have a straight up distortion channel. and if it does, its weak as fuck
I have the bass version of this pedal. Sounds excellent all around and now I don't have to lug an effects board all over the place.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

I used to have a Line 6 Bass Pod Pro (rack mount)
I was constantly trying to color the sounds of a sub par
amp and 4 different basses with all active pick ups and
varying tonal qualities(Spector, Warwick, Tobias).
Then it happened!!!!!
I bought a SWR Workingpro 700 head, 1X15 Workingpro
bottom cab and 4X10 Workingpro top cab. Threw in Korg rack
tuner, a furman power conditioner and a shure wireless.
Things got good, but was still fighting with tone and level
issues. Bought my first USA (passive) Fender Jazz Bass, and
from that point, sold all of them and bought 3 more USA Jazz's.
Then things got great.

I no longer need any effects other than my Boss Overdrive
stomp box for some distortion. I know it won't be the popular opinion among bass players, but if you have a great rig, you don't need a bunch of effects. Guitarists on the other hand do.

thoughts? Opinions? Go fuck myself?
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

I run a wet/dry mix. One amp runs uneffected signal and the other is a stereo mix of effects. I play a lot of different things and I play in a one-guitar band, so I tend to take up a lot of room sonically. I use synth and delay effects a lot during songs, but the dry amp ensures that I always have low-end.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

Pflöyd wrote:I run a wet/dry mix. One amp runs uneffected signal and the other is a stereo mix of effects. I play a lot of different things and I play in a one-guitar band, so I tend to take up a lot of room sonically. I use synth and delay effects a lot during songs, but the dry amp ensures that I always have low-end.
that actually brings a question to mind....
Our (paid) sound guy is running a dry bass mix through the mains when we play out. I tell him that none of my distortion goes out the mains (I only use it on 2 songs NIB and For Whom The Bell Tolls) but he insists that if he runs it "wet" that my clean sound is not as good (muddy).
Ever heard of this issue before?
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
InfernalEmpire
Far Beyond Driven

Post by InfernalEmpire »

I use my GT-6 with my little practice amp to beef it up a bit, but my main rig is just a straight up 5150 block letter with BBE 482i and sounds great.
\m/ VADER \m/
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

PABassPlayer wrote:
Pflöyd wrote:I run a wet/dry mix. One amp runs uneffected signal and the other is a stereo mix of effects. I play a lot of different things and I play in a one-guitar band, so I tend to take up a lot of room sonically. I use synth and delay effects a lot during songs, but the dry amp ensures that I always have low-end.
Our (paid) sound guy is running a dry bass mix through the mains when we play out. I tell him that none of my distortion goes out the mains (I only use it on 2 songs NIB and For Whom The Bell Tolls) but he insists that if he runs it "wet" that my clean sound is not as good (muddy).
Sure have. I always run two signals on bass unless I specifically want no low-end whatsoever. When you add distortion to bass it breaks up all the lower frequencies. Added in with other instruments, the bass gets lost in the mix quite easily.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

Pflöyd wrote:
PABassPlayer wrote:
Sure have. I always run two signals on bass unless I specifically want no low-end whatsoever. When you add distortion to bass it breaks up all the lower frequencies. Added in with other instruments, the bass gets lost in the mix quite easily.
I have been compensating by adding alot more gain with the overdrive pedal. That makes the stage sound ok, but I have to wonder what the "out front" sound is like. No one has ever complained, and I can't walk out front during the songs because I have to be near the pedal to shut it off. I guess I'll have to play around with it at practice and see if I can find a "happy medium" in the wet/dry output to the mains/subs.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

Upping the gain will just break up the lows more. Really, if you want more "dirty" sound, get a bass overdrive that has a wet/dry blend knob and adjust accordingly. You can balance it a little better and be able to run it like that through the mains.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

Pflöyd wrote:Upping the gain will just break up the lows more. Really, if you want more "dirty" sound, get a bass overdrive that has a wet/dry blend knob and adjust accordingly. You can balance it a little better and be able to run it like that through the mains.
any suggestions?
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

Eyemaster
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Eyemaster »

gt5's a fucking piece of shit!!! i stick to my gp4 and it rules
scrotal_tug
Vulgar Bastard

Post by scrotal_tug »

I owned a GT-5 for a while a couple of years ago.

The cleans are great, and the whacky FX are really fun to mess around with, but the distortions aren't great - Especially when cranked & playing with a band.

Definatley a cool piece of kit.. Kinda wish I still had it for experimenting with recording clean tones but meh, I needed $$$ at the time so I sold it.
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

PABassPlayer wrote:
Pflöyd wrote:Upping the gain will just break up the lows more. Really, if you want more "dirty" sound, get a bass overdrive that has a wet/dry blend knob and adjust accordingly. You can balance it a little better and be able to run it like that through the mains.
any suggestions?
I used a DOD Bass overdrive for awhile, but now I just use the one on my Boss processor.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

Pflöyd wrote:
PABassPlayer wrote:
any suggestions?
I used a DOD Bass overdrive for awhile, but now I just use the one on my Boss processor.
This is the one I'm currently using:

I really like the sound of it.
Question: could I get the same result by using the pedal in the effects loop and then usiing the wet/dry adjust on my head (SWR Workingpro 700) rather than just running the pedal in line? I'm pretty sure this is the solution and I'm gonna try it at practice on Sunday, but is this what mean?
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

TearsInAVial
Creampuff

Post by TearsInAVial »

I have a Korg AGX1000 which is a good piece of kit. I like the effects but I don't use it to anware near its potential. I just don't have the time for it. As long as I have the few effects that I need then its the playing that bothers me not all the TECH shit, or what a great expensive rig I have.

However when it comes to guitars I'm a total fucking hip'A'crit! Gotta have the best, its just in my nature, I can't control myself! :x
Regardless of how much you Love or Hate, in the end we all mean nothing...............
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

PABassPlayer wrote:
Pflöyd wrote:
PABassPlayer wrote:
any suggestions?
This is the one I'm currently using:

I really like the sound of it.
Question: could I get the same result by using the pedal in the effects loop and then usiing the wet/dry adjust on my head (SWR Workingpro 700) rather than just running the pedal in line? I'm pretty sure this is the solution and I'm gonna try it at practice on Sunday, but is this what mean?
The balance knob should do the same thing I described, it is a mixture of the unaffected signal with the affected signal. I would NOT run it through an effects loop though. Having a gain pedal essentially bypassing the preamp stage is bad news.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

Pflöyd wrote: The balance knob should do the same thing I described, it is a mixture of the unaffected signal with the affected signal. I would NOT run it through an effects loop though. Having a gain pedal essentially bypassing the preamp stage is bad news.
Hey, thanks for the advice, you sound like you really know your shit.

Thanks again.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

Kyle
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Kyle »

i got it in the mail yesterday, and i love this thing. im gonna have to weed through a lot of effects im never going to use but once i get my presets down this thing is gonna be awesome. i used to have a DOD kind of like this one only a lot smaller and i didnt have all this freedom.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

Kyle wrote:i got it in the mail yesterday, and i love this thing. im gonna have to weed through a lot of effects im never going to use but once i get my presets down this thing is gonna be awesome. i used to have a DOD kind of like this one only a lot smaller and i didnt have all this freedom.
how many effects do you need to play punk music?
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

Kyle
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Kyle »

ideally 2, but i like to use all kinds of wierd shit. we have a couple rockabilly styled songs that could really use a nice twangy effect or something, we have a song about an outer space bonnie and clyde romance that is begging for some of the space-aged synth effects, we have a cheese metal song about being on a golden viking ship to valhalla that id love to use some octave effects on.... what else is there, there are the "oi!" punk rock songs that could always be given that edge with some wah action, i dunno. its all a matter of how in depth you wanna go in every song. i experiment with effects a lot.