Pantera's finest hour

Talk about anything Pantera related....
HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Pantera's finest hour

Post by HoustonKJ »

I think all the members of Pantera aged well, there's no doubt about that considering where they started from and how the sound evolved.

But if you could go back in time to see them in any year, what would it be?

- based upon things like the probable setlist, the band's enthusiasm / stage presence etc.

I only saw them in 2000 so I don't know what they were like any other year onstage except for what I've seen in the videos. But I'd choose the 101 Proof era, from what I've seen I think Phil's vocals were at his peak, and I'd get to hear songs off CFH, Vulgar, FBD, and TGSTK, which I'd have to say I bet most people believe are their top 4 albums.

So what do y'all think?
If you can't bench her, don't fuck her.
dan
Mouth For War

Post by dan »

i think that morning erections are annoying,

you get an erection because you need to piss, but you cant piss because you have an erection, then you try to push it down but it feels too good, then you have that whole double stream thing going on..

oh you mean about pantera?

in that case, i think morning erections are fucking annoying.
[quote="richard"]i felt i was on the earth exept it was a woman[/quote]
flashback delirium
Cowboy From Hell

Post by flashback delirium »

Probably around the FBD era. You know those shows were crazy and BEER UP THE ASS
The things I've seen in life will make you choke by suprise
Like an aborted fetus in a jar that opened it's eyes
Provoking my demise, I'll leave your spirit broken inside
Like the feeling of 50 million people hoping you'd die
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

This is actually a real good question.

Either:

Pre cfh, 1989 or just around the release, when they were still real hungry for success and obviously trying to win over everyone.

When they supported megadeth around vulgar display of power tour, for the same reason, before that tour not many people had heard of pantera here, by the end of it, they would be selling out the venues that they had previously supported people in.

Just after Far Beyond Driven, the band had hit its peak in success and just from watching bootlegs, the shows were fucking intense, every member was at the top of their game in both musical performance and stage presence.
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Post by HoustonKJ »

dan wrote:i think that morning erections are annoying,

you get an erection because you need to piss, but you cant piss because you have an erection, then you try to push it down but it feels too good, then you have that whole double stream thing going on..

oh you mean about pantera?

in that case, i think morning erections are fucking annoying.
:zzz:
HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Post by HoustonKJ »

dead forever wrote:This is actually a real good question.
Thanks. I'm glad the time I took to write it was worth a shit. I'm glad people still want to talk about Pantera these days.

Yeah, I'm sure megadeth had a lot to do with them being noticed, as well as the fact that Vulgar was absolutely a tremendous follow up to Cowboys from Hell. They really evolved.

And I'm going to watch 3 Watch It Go to witness first hand some of the live performances (if it has any; I forget most of what was on that video; from what i remember it was mostly partying)

The most insane single performance I can think of from what I've witnessed is "The Art of Shredding" and "Heresy" from the Cowboys from Hell video (which is my favorite one). They played with a lot of heart and since Phil is my favorite member, I appreciate his intensity on stage, which I can only imagine what I wild-ass he was BEFORE that point.

thanks for the response.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

HoustonKJ wrote:
Thanks. I'm glad the time I took to write it was worth a shit. I'm glad people still want to talk about Pantera these days.

Yeah, I'm sure megadeth had a lot to do with them being noticed, as well as the fact that Vulgar was absolutely a tremendous follow up to Cowboys from Hell. They really evolved.

And I'm going to watch 3 Watch It Go to witness first hand some of the live performances (if it has any; I forget most of what was on that video; from what i remember it was mostly partying)

The most insane single performance I can think of from what I've witnessed is "The Art of Shredding" and "Heresy" from the Cowboys from Hell video (which is my favorite one). They played with a lot of heart and since Phil is my favorite member, I appreciate his intensity on stage, which I can only imagine what I wild-ass he was BEFORE that point.

thanks for the response.
Have a look around this forum and the tribute area for posts by a user called WebofHair, he has digitized many videos from his personal collection of tapes, of pantera live in 1989 and earlier. :tup:
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
FredDie
Creampuff

Post by FredDie »

I haven't seen Pantera live because i live in a shitty country called Poland. Pantera unsigned it's will to come here after the accidents of 11.09.
But all I can say, after watching many bootlegs that their most kick-ass period was round the TGSTK-101 Proof. That's my opinion. But is it coincidence that they recorded live album [101 Proof] in the 1997? NO, because that was their best moment. I'm not saying that others moments/eras was wrong...helll no.

I'm so mad that the PanterA didn't come to Poland
:fur: :fur:
Cowboy From Poland!!!
MikeyHelms
Trendkiller

Post by MikeyHelms »

i really don't like the glam days, but i'd go with 1994 to 1998 from the live shows i've seen of them
Tweel
I will fuck you up

Post by Tweel »

WE'LL MEET AGAIN!!!! :aargh:
Fuck Ole Miss
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

dead forever wrote: When they supported megadeth around vulgar display of power tour, for the same reason, before that tour not many people had heard of pantera here, by the end of it, they would be selling out the venues that they had previously supported people in.
Yeah I'd go with this period also. They got thier chance with that Megadeth tour and they fucking destroyed them every night.
HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Post by HoustonKJ »

dead forever wrote:
HoustonKJ wrote:

thanks for the response.
Have a look around this forum and the tribute area for posts by a user called WebofHair, he has digitized many videos from his personal collection of tapes, of pantera live in 1989 and earlier. :tup:
I'll be sure to do that DeadForever; thanks :tup:
HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Post by HoustonKJ »

FredDie wrote:I haven't seen Pantera live because i live in a shitty country called Poland. Pantera unsigned it's will to come here after the accidents of 11.09.
But all I can say, after watching many bootlegs that their most kick-ass period was round the TGSTK-101 Proof. That's my opinion. But is it coincidence that they recorded live album [101 Proof] in the 1997? NO, because that was their best moment. I'm not saying that others moments/eras was wrong...helll no.

I'm so mad that the PanterA didn't come to Poland
:fur: :fur:
I think they recorded the live album at that point because they were simply overdue for one...

Re: Pantera's finest hour

Post by Guest »

HoustonKJ wrote:I think all the members of Pantera aged well
i am gay
Spoke
The Burt-er

Post by Spoke »

PhilCore wrote:
one of them died, one has grey hair, one is a gimp and one's a fat faggot. but all things considered you're probably right.
You are worthless :zzz:
Bukkake Tsunami
Master Blumpkin

Post by Bukkake Tsunami »

PhilCore wrote:
one of them died, one has grey hair, one is a gimp and one's a fat faggot. but all things considered you're probably right.
:|
Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.
HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Post by HoustonKJ »

PhilCore wrote:
No one ever said taking over the world was going to be easy.

God bless Pantera.
Last edited by HoustonKJ on Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
trendkiller
Lynch Mob

Post by trendkiller »

:no:
Immortaly Insane
Creampuff

Post by Immortaly Insane »

90-92
Whats Left Inside Him....
Dont he Remember Us.....
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

VDOP/FBD era. The '94 Brixton show I have fucking destroys.
[quote="trendkiller"]I could lie and say I was downloading a crack for a game or it was a random virus but no, I was trying to watch a horse have sex with a woman.[/quote]
[quote="Neon Doll"]if u wasnt a virgin, you knoe hoe yo sndewrt yhid[/quote]
BLAK2TH
The Introvert

Post by BLAK2TH »

Lager wrote:VDOP/FBD era.
Shred-Dimebag
I will fuck you up

Post by Shred-Dimebag »

i think rather cowboys from hell, cause that album has some fuckin amazing songs, or the power metal, he did his solos amazing back then to, and htey seemed to have a shit load of energy, i was watch a video from WebOfHair,
and htey went up on a platform above the drums, pretty sweet.
you know sometimes i wonder..
M.I.A
6000 chicken fijitas

Post by M.I.A »

Lager wrote:VDOP/FBD era. The '94 Brixton show I have fucking destroys.
I have this show as well :tup: :aargh:
[quote="Aeon"]I don't remember making this thread. Fuck, I don't even like Down. :lol:[/quote]
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Shred-Dimebag wrote:i think rather cowboys from hell, cause that album has some fuckin amazing songs, or the power metal, he did his solos amazing back then to, and htey seemed to have a shit load of energy, i was watch a video from WebOfHair,

its spelled "they" :lol:
Shred-Dimebag
I will fuck you up

Post by Shred-Dimebag »

dead forever wrote:
Shred-Dimebag wrote:i think rather cowboys from hell, cause that album has some fuckin amazing songs, or the power metal, he did his solos amazing back then to, and htey seemed to have a shit load of energy, i was watch a video from WebOfHair,

its
yea my keyboard sucks, by the way its spelled "it's"
you know sometimes i wonder..
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Shred-Dimebag wrote:
dead forever wrote:

its
yea my keyboard sucks, by the way its spelled "it's"
Thats a grammatical error not spelling
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

Don't fuck with Rex!
axlash wrote:black people kind of like me.
Mad Muir wrote:that would be awesome if the dog took a shit but the condom was stuck to its butthole lips and it blew a big 'ol turd balloon
HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Post by HoustonKJ »

you know, just about any year was perfect.
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

M.I.A wrote:
OK! :tup: :roll:
[quote="trendkiller"]I could lie and say I was downloading a crack for a game or it was a random virus but no, I was trying to watch a horse have sex with a woman.[/quote]
[quote="Neon Doll"]if u wasnt a virgin, you knoe hoe yo sndewrt yhid[/quote]
the_auzzie
Creampuff

Post by the_auzzie »

i never got to see a pantera show but i reckon
the time to go and see em would have been
FBD-TGSK era it woulda been fuckin awsome

:tup: :tup:
"every trend that dies is livin proof"
Fuck_You
Creampuff

Post by Fuck_You »

Fuck Yes i agree with the aussie hey im aussie too :D

Post by Guest »

forgot about this thread. man i struck NERVES :lol:
M.I.A
6000 chicken fijitas

Post by M.I.A »

Lager wrote:
M.I.A wrote:
OK! :tup: :roll:
was just sayin........ :x
[quote="Aeon"]I don't remember making this thread. Fuck, I don't even like Down. :lol:[/quote]
Eyemaster
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Eyemaster »

HoustonKJ wrote:
(...)
thanks for the response.
:tup:
i love you