Anyone played on the Not Even Slinky EB strings?

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
long4theblur
King

Anyone played on the Not Even Slinky EB strings?

Post by long4theblur »

My roomie is buying a bunch of shit and I'm thinking about throwing these in on his order. I love thick strings, right now I'm playing on the Heavy Bottom EB strings.

BREATH HOLD!

"And if I leave you, let me leave you entirely un-enthralled. That way, if you remember me years later, it's for good cause and not something completely forced. When I walk that door, I pray for a collective yawn."
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

weren't you just complaining about tens hurting your fingers? these things are gonna fuck you up.
[quote="Buddy"]alfie you have to believe me![/quote]
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

I get heavy bottoms and hybrid slinkies, string my tele with EAD of the hybrids and GBe of the heavy bottoms (same gagues as a regular slinky set) and use the others on my Dime, so it's heavy bottom end but super light top strings :tup: As for he "not even slinkies", they could probably tear your guitar in half if it's in standard tuning :lol:
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

The E string is like a G string on a bass.
S
Interloper

Post by S »

those strings are for posers
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

S wrote:those strings are for posers
Last time I got a guitar one of the people in the shops was talking about them.. "not even slinkies - real man's strings" :lol:
Dimejandro
I will fuck you up

Post by Dimejandro »

croninburg wrote:
S wrote:those strings are for posers
Last time I got a guitar one of the people in the shops was talking about them.. "not even slinkies - real man's strings" :lol:

:lol:
Pickled fetus worshipped
Divine Mongoloid
Was fucked in Effigy
BabyKiller
Sexual Rubik's Cube

Post by BabyKiller »

Depends on the natural action of the guitar, I suppose.. I know I just put eb hybrids on a low end strat of mine and it was almost unplayable in standard tuning.. I usually use slinky to super slinky on that rig and they work fine.
"The world I live in is one where I have five quarrels a day, each with someone who really takes me on over something; and if I can't get into an argument, I go looking for one, to make sure I trust my own arguments, to hone them."