Gonna see David Gilmour live :-)

Have some tour dates? Got a concert review? Its all in here....
The Sinister Minister
Cowboy From Hell

Gonna see David Gilmour live :-)

Post by The Sinister Minister »

April 10th,Toronto,Massey Hall. Floor seats.

This is going to be incredible.
Lumber Jack Off
Lynch Mob

Post by Lumber Jack Off »

Waters > Gilmour IMO.

i'm sure it'll still be an awesome show though.
\m/ www.MABB.us \m/
The Morbid Angel Board has a new address.
come check it out.
rapidshare :no: :fu:
Bodom J
Lynch Mob

Post by Bodom J »

waters is a whiny fag. is gilmour gonna play any pink floyd stuff?
Recommended listen:

Artist: Dark Tranquillity
Album: Construct
Song: What Only You Know
The Sinister Minister
Cowboy From Hell

Bodom J wrote:waters is a whiny fag. is gilmour gonna play any pink floyd stuff?
im almost positive he will. in his dvd he does anyway. it was an intimate performance & it was fucking steller. blows away roger waters' dvd any day & that's not being biased. watch them for yourselves. also, on waters' dvd,during 'comfortably numb' & other PF songs,his guitarists fucking butcher the solos. that's blasphemous.
The Sinister Minister
Cowboy From Hell

Lumber Jack Off wrote:Waters > Gilmour IMO.

i'm sure it'll still be an awesome show though.
yes sir, it indeed should be an awesome show.
Bert
Lynch Mob

Post by Bert »

Bodom J wrote:waters is a whiny fag. is gilmour gonna play any pink floyd stuff?
Waters = Pink Floyd
AlphaOmegaCFH
Mouth For War

Post by AlphaOmegaCFH »

I prefer gilmour to waters but the best stuff is when it is both of them. Pink floyd is the only band I'd pay up to 1000 dollars to see.
Those Who Trumpet Their Sufferings are Usually the Ones Most Deserving Of Agony -Dave Brockie

[quote="Isis"]hahahahaha I thought you were gonna say it's not big enough to fill up your monstrous snatch. heh sorry, my bad.[/quote]
The Sinister Minister
Cowboy From Hell

AlphaOmegaCFH wrote:I prefer gilmour to waters but the best stuff is when it is both of them. Pink floyd is the only band I'd pay up to 1000 dollars to see.
i'm sure they can sell out an arena if tix were going for a grand each.

Post by Guest »

AlphaOmegaCFH wrote:Pink floyd is the only band I'd pay up to 1000 dollars to see.
Same here. I'm afraid it's never gonna happen, though. :(
FBS
Slack Cunt

Post by FBS »

The Sinister Minister wrote:
im almost positive he will. in his dvd he does anyway. it was an intimate performance & it was fucking steller. blows away roger waters' dvd any day & that's not being biased. watch them for yourselves. also, on waters' dvd,during 'comfortably numb' & other PF songs,his guitarists fucking butcher the solos. that's blasphemous.
i have the gilmour dvd, it's absolutely amazing. i was listening to it this morning before work. he nails it all, his solo stuff is great and i love the cover of je crois entende encore. :tup:

i've seen the waters dvd also and it's true the other guitarists are far better. waters is a pissy little bitch.

you're so lucky to see him.. it'd be awesome if you could bootleg it. hmm it'd be really awesome if he plays some other floyd tunes and releases another dvd.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Lucky fuck. Waters was more productive, but Gilmour is just such an amazing player and has a far better voice.
The Sinister Minister
Cowboy From Hell

FBS wrote:
i have the gilmour dvd, it's absolutely amazing. i was listening to it this morning before work. he nails it all, his solo stuff is great and i love the cover of je crois entende encore. :tup:

i've seen the waters dvd also and it's true the other guitarists are far better. waters is a pissy little bitch.

you're so lucky to see him.. it'd be awesome if you could bootleg it. hmm it'd be really awesome if he plays some other floyd tunes and releases another dvd.
yea its incredible how his playing & his vocals are all spot on. the cover is indeed very nice. shit man just thinking of him playing 'high hopes', fuck... as for bootlegging,the ticket says no cameras/camcorders but we'll see about that. & yes i do realise how lucky i am. it's gonna be nearly impossible to top this experience. best part is that im going by myself,more intimate that way i'd say. the times i've gone to concerts with other people,they're just fucking lame & annoying. they talk to me & shit during songs when im too busy trying to enjoy myself.
The Sinister Minister
Cowboy From Hell

croninburg wrote:Lucky fuck. Waters was more productive, but Gilmour is just such an amazing player and has a far better voice.
as much as i love Waters, I also prefer Gilmour's voice. anyway,yes i am a lucky fuck. VERY lucky. here's how i got the fucking tickets...

i was partying last friday night realising to take it easy since i needed to wake up early the next day so i could go to the ticketmaster in the Sunrise Records store. anyway, i got really trashed & ended up waking up around 11:30am the next day & i fucking flipped since doors open at 10am. i wanted to be in line well in advance. so i smelled and looked like shit once i arrived at the store & i asked for the tickets. the dude at the ticketmaster booth laughed & said how they were all sold out in 15 minutes. of course,i was fucking bummed out & felt stupid.

my cousin was with me & we decided to walk around. there's a best buy around & i saw the Judas Priest: Rising in the East dvd & figured i'd go back to Sunrise to see how much it was there,if it was any cheaper. as soon as i walked in the dude who laughed at me at the booth comes up to me & whispers 'yo man,you still want the tickets?' 'what do you mean?' 'look,a customer bought 2 tickets,but never really paid for them. we only take cash for concert tickets & he didn't have any,said he would be back in a bit with the money but has yet to show up. my manager is gonna be here any minute & i'll ask him if we can sell it to you. no promises though.' 'shit dude,a million thank yous! i just need one ticket.' 'ok cool.'

so the manager comes in & as luck would have it, the manager was familiar with me through a friend of ours. no idea he was running shit there. he said 'go ahead,sell it to him.' & right there & then i paid up the $127.00 & that just made my fucking day. thanked the dude for his help,the manager for being cool about it & i couldn't believe what the fuck just happened. so yea,i'd say i'm a lucky fuck.
Bukkake Tsunami
Master Blumpkin

Post by Bukkake Tsunami »

SuperSilverHaze wrote:
Waters = Pink Floyd
wrong.
Waters + Gilmour= Pink Floyd.
They wouldnt have been as good as they are without Gilmour.
Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.
Roz
Magically Seditious

Post by Roz »

what's wacky old Syd Barret up to these days?
CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

Post by CFH Eternal »

PhilCore wrote:what's wacky old Syd Barret up to these days?
Supposedly going blind from diabetes
[quote="Cheyenne Fucking Buffet"]This one's called Enter Sandman, maybe you've heard of it."[/quote]
FBS
Slack Cunt

Post by FBS »

FBS wrote:

yea its incredible how his playing & his vocals are all spot on. the cover is indeed very nice. shit man just thinking of him playing 'high hopes', fuck... as for bootlegging,the ticket says no cameras/camcorders but we'll see about that. & yes i do realise how lucky i am. it's gonna be nearly impossible to top this experience. best part is that im going by myself,more intimate that way i'd say. the times i've gone to concerts with other people,they're just fucking lame & annoying. they talk to me & shit during songs when im too busy trying to enjoy myself.
high hopes and shine on you crazy diamond are my favourite two tracks he performs on the dvd.. they blow me away each and every time. just stellar stuff. :tup: there's a pretty good chance you'll see one of those, if not both, live.. :shock:

of course you can't take recording equipment.. i don't know how strict security is there but yeah.. you can always try. i'd pay top, top, top dollar for another show of his.

you're canadian, right? i assumed this'd just be a british show, but hopefully he's pulling some little tour so fingers crossed we get a dvd out of it. i'll do some research later.

you are SO SO lucky.. there's probably only five bands i'd do anything to see live.. and he'd be one of them. oh yeah and i wonder if he's taking his entire entourage.. he'd have to be? just wouldn't be the same. oh yeah, no michael kaman. oh well, hope you have an awesome time anyway, make sure you let us know what he plays and how it goes. :tup:
Firestorm
Mouth For War

Post by Firestorm »

:tdown:
lolz