Anyone ever tried Guitar Rig 2 Software?

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
stoic
Lynch Mob

Anyone ever tried Guitar Rig 2 Software?

Post by stoic »

Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

Post by Balls On Parade »

I like NIGR better than Amplitube, mainly because of the way you can combine any number of different speaker cabinet emulators with different mic'ing positions, plus the extra stompboxes are a bonus too, although I wish there were more amp heads to choose from......

But I haven't tried the 2nd version yet, I just have the original...
policeman: are you alright?
Rainbow Randolph: I'm a little fucked up in general, so it's kind of hard to gauge!
stoic
Lynch Mob

Post by stoic »

you get it off the net? what'd the stomp box run you?
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

stoic wrote:you get it off the net? what'd the stomp box run you?
no, the stomp boxes are patches within the program itself, just like the amps, processors, cabinets, etc...you can place them anywhere in the signal chain (within the program), along with other effects, rack or stompbox...and yeah, i got it off of Soulseek with a key code generator, and it installed itself within my recording program...
Rainbow Randolph: I'm a little fucked up in general, so it's kind of hard to gauge!
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

search google for Guitar Suite, its free and is modelled in the Marshall JCM900 Amps, sounds alot better than NI Guitar Rig and Amplitube, Record your Guitar clean straight into your Soundcard, then in the tracks plug-ins shove the tubescreamer plug-in in there then add the JCM900 plug-in, quality tone for free :tup:
"What'chu doin in mah house?...........eating a big ass Sandwich n shit?"
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

Metallash wrote:search google for Guitar Suite, its free and is modelled in the Marshall JCM900 Amps, sounds alot better than NI Guitar Rig and Amplitube, Record your Guitar clean straight into your Soundcard, then in the tracks plug-ins shove the tubescreamer plug-in in there then add the JCM900 plug-in, quality tone for free :tup:
that's nice, but sometimes you can't get the effect of the distortion in your playing, so you may play it differently clean than if you had the distortion while playing...that low latency soundcard stuff you hooked me up with a while back really does the trick, man, that ASIO4ALL stuff...so i can play through the PC in pretty much real time...
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

Balls On Parade wrote:
Metallash wrote:search google for Guitar Suite, its free and is modelled in the Marshall JCM900 Amps, sounds alot better than NI Guitar Rig and Amplitube, Record your Guitar clean straight into your Soundcard, then in the tracks plug-ins shove the tubescreamer plug-in in there then add the JCM900 plug-in, quality tone for free :tup:
that's nice, but sometimes you can't get the effect of the distortion in your playing, so you may play it differently clean than if you had the distortion while playing...that low latency soundcard stuff you hooked me up with a while back really does the trick, man, that ASIO4ALL stuff...so i can play through the PC in pretty much real time...
yea you can do that shit through cubase as well, open up cubase, create a new track then add the plug-ins to the track as you normally would while mixing, but then press the monitor button on the track and you will hear the distortion while recording.
stoic
Lynch Mob

Post by stoic »

so basically, if you get the guitar rig stuff. you can plug your guitar into your computer and hear most any amp/effects model's sound you dial in(more or less)....but only about as loud as your computer's speakers go?
long4theblur
King

Post by long4theblur »

How much does (decent) hardware cost to be able to record directly to your computer? Is the sound quality good?
BREATH HOLD!

"And if I leave you, let me leave you entirely un-enthralled. That way, if you remember me years later, it's for good cause and not something completely forced. When I walk that door, I pray for a collective yawn."
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

anyone tried sucking cock? stoic sure has.
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

long4theblur wrote:How much does (decent) hardware cost to be able to record directly to your computer? Is the sound quality good?
Line 6 Pods will give you a completely professional sound and they go cheap second hand on ebay.
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

croninburg wrote:
long4theblur wrote:How much does (decent) hardware cost to be able to record directly to your computer? Is the sound quality good?
Line 6 Pods will give you a completely professional sound and they go cheap second hand on ebay.
make sure its a Pod XT, the original Pod's are shit.

if you wanted some pretty good hardware and you dont have an amp i'd just get the Pod XT and a decent Soundblaster Soundcard and plug my guitar into the Pod, then plug the Pod into the soundcard on my PC, if you want to mic up your amp and get a pretty decent sound i would get an SM57 Microphone (approx. £60/$120), M-Audio Audio Buddy Pre-Amp (approx. $120) and a Soundblaster Audigy 2 Soundcard (approx. $110) and in both cases i would just steal a copy of Cubase SX from a bittorrent site, you can use your onboard soundcard if you want but it just wouldnt sound as "rich" so to speak, but it would still sound pretty decent. i use onboard sound and get pretty good results.
long4theblur
King

Post by long4theblur »

Which one are you guys talking about?
BREATH HOLD!

"And if I leave you, let me leave you entirely un-enthralled. That way, if you remember me years later, it's for good cause and not something completely forced. When I walk that door, I pray for a collective yawn."
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

Theres 3 types of Pod Xt's, theres the standard Pod XT which is the red bean shaped one, Pod XT Pro which is a rackmount version which is basically the same but with extra connecters so its better suited for a studio and theres the Pod XT Live which is the pedal board looking thing which is better suited to live use, if you are gonna be using it at home to get some recordings down just buy the standard Pod XT and maybe think about buying the Model Packs for it, especially the Metal one as it gives you a few more amps to choose from including the 5150 model which is probably the best model on the Pod for metal.
long4theblur
King

Post by long4theblur »

:tup: Metallash
BREATH HOLD!

Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

I'm not familiar with those Line 6 or Behringer products for the PC, I like keeping my rig simple: guitar>M-Audio Mobile Pre USB>soundcard>Cubase SE with both the original NI Guitar Rig and Amplitube as plugins for bass and guitar, although I'd like to check out the newer versions of both of these softwares...I just still haven't figured out the drums plugins yet...I have a razor thin level of patience for those things...
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

which drums plug-ins?
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

Metallash wrote:which drums plug-ins?
Leaf Drums?
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

Balls On Parade wrote:
Metallash wrote:which drums plug-ins?
Leaf Drums?
dont ya know how to use it? gimme about 10 minutes ill post with screenshots in this thread.
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

Hope this helps somehow.

1. Image

2. Image

3. Image

4. Image

5. Image

6. Image

7. Image

8. Image

9. Image

10. Image

11. Image

12. Image
hokus pokus
Creampuff

Post by hokus pokus »

I downloaded guitar rig 2 but I have a delay when I play my guitar. Do you guys think I need a better soundcard or more RAM? And what should I get to run this program?
[img][img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/vankrazy/dimebag1.gif[/img]
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

you need a better soundcard with good ASIO drivers. I would recommend Cubase to run it in.
hokus pokus
Creampuff

Post by hokus pokus »

looking at getting a fire pod. From what I hear it has a sound card in it. I guess this would solve my problems eh?

thanks for the info-
[img][img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/vankrazy/dimebag1.gif[/img]
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

yep, that firepod is fine, its has really good pre-amps too, it will also be useful for when you want to record drums because of the 8 inputs, the firepod connects via FireWire so make sure you have a FireWire port on your computer before buying it, if not you can buy FireWire ports for around $30-40 that slot into one of your PCI slots on your motherboard.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

a lot of interesting and informative information has been posted in this thread. diolch yn fawr iawn.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
scrotal_tug
Vulgar Bastard

Post by scrotal_tug »

Metallash wrote:
croninburg wrote:

if you wanted some pretty good hardware and you dont have an amp i'd just get the Pod XT and a decent Soundblaster Soundcard and plug my guitar into the Pod, then plug the Pod into the soundcard on my PC, if you want to mic up your amp and get a pretty decent sound i would get an SM57 Microphone (approx. £60/$120), M-Audio Audio Buddy Pre-Amp (approx. $120) and a Soundblaster Audigy 2 Soundcard (approx. $110) and in both cases i would just steal a copy of Cubase SX from a bittorrent site, you can use your onboard soundcard if you want but it just wouldnt sound as "rich" so to speak, but it would still sound pretty decent. i use onboard sound and get pretty good results.
I would definatley agree with everything here apart from the soundcard choice.
I've had no personal experience with a soundblaster card, but aren't they kinda 'general purpose'?!
If that's the case, maybe an M-Audio Audiophile 24/96 (for the same price or less) would be far better.
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

scrotal_tug wrote:
Metallash wrote:
croninburg wrote:

I would definatley agree with everything here apart from the soundcard choice.
I've had no personal experience with a soundblaster card, but aren't they kinda 'general purpose'?!
If that's the case, maybe an M-Audio Audiophile 24/96 (for the same price or less) would be far better.
to be honest i didnt even think of the 24/96 haha, but yeah Soundblasters are more towards entertainment but they will do for decent enough recordings, but go for 24/96 as first choice.