Where were you when you heard the news?

Leave your thoughts, wishes, memories, art, or anything else here.
Lizzy
Bazoomba

Post by Lizzy »

TK wrote:
Lager wrote:What is that? A lunch box? :lol:
Yes.The thing that tripped me out is the flash that looks like a halo above darrells head.
:lol:
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

why does it matter where we were? its probably the most upset i've ever been aside from family members dying. dime ruled.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

Most users ever online was 684 on Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:57 am

enough said i think.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

DBS wrote:why does it matter where we were? its probably the most upset i've ever been aside from family members dying. dime ruled.
I fucking lost it man,i was crying for hours,then i went around town holding up a sign that said dimebag darrell will never be forgotten,yelling like a nutcase,i ran infront of the highschool and the retard school yelling.
The worst day in history.
Nielsen
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Nielsen »

I woke up early and watched the news, it was sick, the only said that 2 former Pantera members had been shoot and killed, so ofcourse I knew right away that it had happened to Dime and Vinnie, after some time it was clear that Dimebag was the only one of the 2 that had been killed. It was most sertanly one of my worst days ever.
WARZONE ELECTRIC
Trendkiller

Post by WARZONE ELECTRIC »

I was a damageplan.com god and junkie-and not just cause I was excited about the idea of Dime and Vinnie doing something new-it was an addiction to go on there and fight with the "trolls" such as the Southmetals and little punk kids-even the punks who I used to fight with on the board I miss.
So that being said I went on Wednesday December 8th around 11:45 am to check my"message notification from Damageplan". Sometimes BigDikNBoobs would post a subject for me-sometimes southmetal would tell me how much I suck-sometimes we would talk serious about depression,or what our favorite highway music was.
Right away someone on my buddy list said"Dime and vinnie have been shot at a concert" and right away I was hoping it was a joke.
It wasn't :no:
The board was filled with people saying "I came to pay my respects" and damn I felt so numb. I couldn't believe it.
Now I go to damageplan.net and it's a cool site,but I miss the .com days-I miss the buzz between the SJR and Damageplan fans-I miss hearing updates from dime explaining why he changed his amps,etc.
I miss the buzz,and the buzz is gone :no:
That early morning my radio station www.harderfaster666.com played "Cemetary Gates" and i felt the chills-I still feel the chills-R.I.P. Dime...
WARZONE ELECTRIC
Trendkiller

Post by WARZONE ELECTRIC »

Correction-11:45pm I got home cause I work 2nd shift...
WarPig
Vulgar Bastard

Post by WarPig »

i was there, comfortably watchin the television. i was flicking through teletext in entertainment news, when i saw it, i literally fell on the floor and cried for two hours. then i got up went to the pub (where all the metallers hang out) and we all just ripped open the jukebox and filled it up with pantera and damageplan. we were sick. i couldnt believe it and we didnt have a clue whether this was just a rumour or whether it was for real. all i knew was that heaven/hell had possibly just acquired a fucking ace guitarist for their house band. RIP Dime man all the fucking way.
http://foreverdime.tux.nu
[quote="Razorkill999"]go play on a fuckin harmonica.[/quote][quote="Edna Bodine"]not an insult.[/quote]
Izzy
I hate nigs

Post by Izzy »

TK wrote:
DBS wrote:why does it matter where we were? its probably the most upset i've ever been aside from family members dying. dime ruled.
I fucking lost it man,i was crying for hours,then i went around town holding up a sign that said dimebag darrell will never be forgotten,yelling like a nutcase,i ran infront of the highschool and the retard school yelling.
You stupid kid :lol:
xastyr 7:51 pm
fyui90/*+* 06treszxc
Izzy
I hate nigs

Post by Izzy »

upyours wrote:
TK wrote:
Lager wrote:What is that? A lunch box? :lol:
Yes.The thing that tripped me out is the flash that looks like a halo above darrells head.
:lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
xastyr 7:51 pm
fyui90/*+* 06treszxc
Drunken Bassist
Cowboy From Hell

Post by Drunken Bassist »

I was at a friends house in Missouri when I found out, trying to get on these very forums. At the time, I lurked quite often, mostly because I just enjoyed reading all the crazy ass topics that would pop up. Anyway, I try to log on, but I get that front page about Dime. At first, I figured Alfie was just fucking with everyone, but then I clicked the link and foundnd out that what I thought was a prank to be anything but. I was shocked, to say the least. After the initial shock, there was nothing I could do but sit in the room I stayed in and listen to Cemetery Gates for hours on end, since I didn't have any guitars with me.

A something of a tribute, I started growing a goat tee since the day it happened. Better than a tattoo, I think.
<Insert witty comment here>
Therion
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Therion »

I was just sitting online, doing my business. My friend Drew sent me the link, and I skimmed through it thinking Jimmy Plant or Robert Page or whoever got hit by a short bus. But I read that Dime had been shot. My fuckin' night was ruined right there. I put on Floods and searched message boards for at least more information, finally went to sleep at 5 AM that night... terrible night... :no:
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

Izzy wrote:
TK wrote:
You know none of that ever happened right? :lol:
[quote="trendkiller"]I could lie and say I was downloading a crack for a game or it was a random virus but no, I was trying to watch a horse have sex with a woman.[/quote]
[quote="Neon Doll"]if u wasnt a virgin, you knoe hoe yo sndewrt yhid[/quote]
Rose
Creampuff Sr.

Post by Rose »

I heard it at 8 am, when I was driving to school. All me and my friend could do was sit there and look at each other. :shock:
Cheyenne fucking Buffet
I am cool

Post by Cheyenne fucking Buffet »

Rose wrote:I heard it at 8 am, when I was driving to school. All me and my friend could do was sit there and look at each other. :shock:
So you crashed the car, right?
IPlayTheIrishFlute wrote:I often stick my cock in my flute then ejaculate and blow the cum out of it into your mother's face.
Rose
Creampuff Sr.

Post by Rose »

Cheyenne fucking Buffet wrote:
Rose wrote:I heard it at 8 am, when I was driving to school. All me and my friend could do was sit there and look at each other. :shock:
So you crashed the car, right?
No you fuck, we didn't crash, but you should've!!!!
HellAwaits
Creampuff

Post by HellAwaits »

IN my room listening to far beyond driven when my mom came in and told me. :no:
metaljess
firemuff

Post by metaljess »

i was cleaning my sons room and my brother called me.it was 10ish in the morning, the day after. he said "dimebags dead." i started laughing and said "yeah,right. good one. that's not even funny." and he said he wasn't joking. i still didn't believe him. he told me to go turn on the t.v. :( i called a few people. i called in at work and me and my bf watch the pantera home videos. i just kept telling myself pretty much all day "what the fuck? he wasn't supposed to die this soon!" :x it kinda pissed me off that mtv or vh1 didn't play any pantera videos. the guy on MTV was just like oh we have some sad news, dimebag darrell from...(blahblahblah)was killed. then a rap video came on. :fur: :tdown:
Bronco
Cowboy From Hell

Post by Bronco »

My old drummer John called me up the next day, I was trying to make my 10 month old son laugh at the time. He said: "Did Ya hear what fuckin happened!!" . I couldn't fuckin believe it, but why the fuck would he make somthin like that up! After a while we had a jammin party to honor Dime and we Drank and Smoked and Played Dimes music all Fuckin night.
When it was time to leave, we were beside ourselves. Ever so often ya think and Fuck! Ya still cant believe it!! It change somthing in me, don't know what, but It don't feel right.

The Whole World lost a Great Guy!

R.I.P Darrel Abbott, Dime, YOU ARE the Fuck'in Man, and always will be.
Fuck the Fucking Fucker
The Fuck'n Fucker's Fucked

RIP Dime: Your Guitar Rocked our World
emaykay
Creampuff

Post by emaykay »

i had exams thoesdays and i wasnt using the internet a lot. Bu that day at 8pm i went online and went to www.smnnews.com (thats where i go to see whats happening in the metal world) I saw it there and i was shocked. I hoped it would be a rumour or something. Turned on the tv and switched to fox news. There my worst fears were confirmed. I would have loved to go to the Dimebag memorial. I have never even seen the dude. Never even seen pantera live. But i fuckin love them and consider myself a hardfuckingcore fan. After that terrible shock i just sat on my bed and was thinking how to repay dimebag for what he had done for me. And i thought of something. I went straight to the general store and bought a razor blade (one that dime wears). I rubbed the sharp edges to un-sharpen the blade. Then i wore it around my neck (just like the killer guitarist i love). I decided to wear that blade for 6 years because it had been 6 years for me listening to pantera and i wanted to give dime something in return. That blade would remind me of him. I still wear it and i maybe wear it all my life.
Thats how much that bad motherfucking guitar player impacted me
RIP DIMEBAG U WONT BE FORGOTTEN
The pulse of heavy metal lies in the underground

Post by Guest »

Rose wrote:No you fuck, we didn't crash, but you should've!!!!
HateEternal
Creampuff

Post by HateEternal »

I didn't hear until 3 the next day. My mom came to get me from school and told me that dimebag was dead, i didn't belive her so right when i got home i went on the net to check and it was true.I think i was in shock because it didn't really hit me for awhile,and when it did i couldn't stop crying.
loc
Creampuff

Post by loc »

i was at work and on my break so i went to my car to smoke a cig. i don't even now why i went in my car to smoke, i never smoke in my car onmy break but that day i did. as soon as i turned on the radio i heard dimebag darrell shot and killed at a show in ohio. then they went into cemetary gates. i sat there and couldn't believe what i just heard. i walked back into work and told them i that i had to leave, i didn't tell them why because they wouldn't have understood. so i went home looked up the news on blabbermouth and found out how it happened and everything. so later that night and all weekend long me and my friends listened to pantera and drank heavliy in memory of dime. RIP DIME
trendkiller
Lynch Mob

Post by trendkiller »

i was in the smoking area at college and my friend told me, i didnt believe him so i wentto the libary and found it myself. I went to the shop brought 20 camels and a bottle of whiskey. I sat by myself for a few hours because i didnt want anyone at college to see me crying then got some friends went to the carpark and played pantera loud as posible and got drunk
vulgar_swede
Vulgar Bastard

Post by vulgar_swede »

I was at home sleeping when my mother called me and told me that Dimebag and Vinnie was murdered on stage. I found out later that Vinnie was ok. But since then I've been in shock. No more Dime solos. I can't believe it.
If I said you have a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?
axlash
Lynch Mob

Post by axlash »

Lager wrote:
Izzy wrote:
TK wrote:
You know none of that ever happened right? :lol:
whatever . it's still hilarious.
[quote="Bodom J (2)"]Amadeus is a good film [/quote]
Avulsed
Lynch Mob

Post by Avulsed »

My bro woke me up in the middle of the night to tell me "Matt, Dime died."
" WHAT? WHAT? FUCK I CANT HANDLE THIS SHIT DIME IS THE BEST FUCKING GUY EVER, FUCK OFF FOR NOW. TELL ME TOMORROW"
Bukkake Tsunami
Master Blumpkin

Post by Bukkake Tsunami »

i was at work and i got a call from an old friend and he told me all of it. i didnt really believe it though, just thought he was fucking with me.
after work i checked online and found out it was true :tdown: fucking bullshit it is.
i never did get to see dime or pantera live :no:
Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.
Firestorm
Mouth For War

Post by Firestorm »

I was at lunch in school and my friend told me about it, ill never forget that day....
PanteraRuleTheWorld
Far Beyond Driven

Post by PanteraRuleTheWorld »

I was in a lecture and I overheard the guy next to me say to his friend that Dime was dead, I kinda brushed it off thinking it was shit but when I got out I got a shitload of messages on my phone from friends sayin he was dead and I was fuckin shocked beyond belief, especially at how he was killed! :tdown:
All the money in the fuckin world couldn't buy me a second of trust!
Bigval
Beanerwop

Post by Bigval »

I woke up in the morning and looked on the yahoo mainpage and in the headlines it said pantera member killed. I was wearing a pantera shirt which I grabbed earlier not knowing what happened.
[21:29] utsadeli: i thought this chick i used to work with mexican i talked to her in spanish
[21:29] utsadeli: untill she told me she was hawaiian and i was like oh schitt my bad lol
[21:29] utsadeli: that went on for 2 months
Bodom J
Lynch Mob

Post by Bodom J »

i heard about it on the myspace music forum. for those of you who do not know, that place is full of perk savvy art fags who generally hate metal, especially pantera. prior to this, everyone had been making fun of pantera. so when they said he was shot to death, i thought they were joking. but then of course i found out the fucking truth. i was in shock for about two weeks. i was just walking around at work like a fucking zombie. not the worse day of my life, i didn't know the guy personally, but it did fuck me up for a good bit.

still doesn't seem real.
Kellan
Lynch Mob

Post by Kellan »

I had just gotten out of my physical anthropology class at about 930 or so, and I went back home.
When I got home I went on the computer and I'm pretty sure I came here (PBB).
Someone had started a thread and I looked around on the internet for news about it. Other people had posted links inside the thread.
One of the worst nights ever. I couldn't believe it. I was devestated for who knows how long.
the_trend_kill
Creampuff

Post by the_trend_kill »

I was on my way to work, in the bus I get on there is a free paper u can read. I was flicking through it and i saw a pic of Dime and I thought cool, maybe Damageplan are doing a tour, I never even saw the head-line - HEAVY METAL GUITAR HERO SHOT.

I was so fucking gutted and shocked.

In my work there is only two ppl that like Pantera, me and another guy. He meet up with me and I was like man something bad has happened and he said yeah i know.

Sad day
"If I was god, you'll sell your soul. To The Great Southern Trendkill, that's right"
Der_Pinguin
Creampuff

Post by Der_Pinguin »

Military academy...

My cousin posted it on his band's website forums, which at that point I was frequenting daily.

I cried aloud "WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?" and my TAC Officer in charge of the Squadron made me do Squadron Cleanup...

Ever since then I'ven't listened to Hollow and Cemetery Gates the same...well, it has a different meaning for me now.

Edit:
And that was the same day I learned my sister had my nephew four days prior...so that day was pretty much twisted.
"I feel you, relate to you, accuse you
Wash away us all, take us with the floods
Then throughout the night, they were raped and executed
Cold hearted world"
Dimebag Derek
Creampuff Sr.

Post by Dimebag Derek »

I was in my communications technology class which is basically computers and whatnot which is about lunch time.. And first thing I do everyday is go on Lauch Yahoo and I clicked to sign in, And you know how sometimes you click theres this little pause for the page to load, well when that happened I saw the headline 'Ex-Pantera Guitarist Slain' and I was like.. That can't be what i think it is for some reason, Even though the headline made itself pretty clear. I clicked it, and read for myself what happened, I just fuckin sat there staring at the screen for fucking ever.. I can even remember exactly where I was and what I was doing the exact moment he was busy being shot.. :( And I just heard/listened to Pantera the summer of 2004, so its pretty frustrating for me for something like that happening knowing Ill never see the greatest fucking person who ever lived and I lived all these years without even knowing who that person was..
Welcome To The Death Of A Century.
Myriad2001Chick
Creampuff

Post by Myriad2001Chick »

I woke up about 5:30am that morning, and I was listening to Lex & Terry on a local radio station, they announced it on the show. I wanted to go back to bed and wake up like it was some kind of nightmare. I cried for days over it, and to tell you the truth sometimes I still cry.
I love you and miss you Dimebag- you'll never be forgotten.
fags mate
Creampuff Sr.

Post by fags mate »

"IN my room listening to far beyond driven when my mom came in and told me."

fuck that! that's probably the worst way to find out!

i checked my phone after work and i thought a friend was just fucking with me when a text said "half of pantera's dead", i just laughed it off cos he doesn't like them a great deal. but later i heard the truth.
i remember on christams eve, i was drinking at a pub then went home and showered- had to meet my girlfriend for tea, and was in a rush and drunk so i hopped on my pushbike and got pulled over by the cops for not wearing a helmet! i was carrying some beers in a bag aswell, so i went to the passenger side window to talk to him so he wouldnt smell my booze-breath.
- for some reason i really thought about dimebag then and that night, maybe it was just that i was drunk and it was daylight and it reminded me of dimebag pissed and smashing up that rich persons car.??
Last edited by fags mate on Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dimebag Derek
Creampuff Sr.

Post by Dimebag Derek »

fags mate wrote: ... and it reminded me of dimebag pissed and smashing up that rich persons car.??
Hahha.. That Dimebag.. That was fucking hilarious. He was so smashed, Almost as smashed as the car. xP
Welcome To The Death Of A Century.
socialparasite
Creampuff

Post by socialparasite »

I had woke up about 930 in the morning and my cousin called and said guess what? Dime is dead. I thought it was just a fuck face joke. I went online and found out it was true. It did not really settle until a couple hours. I felt like shit for about 2 weeks and i did not personally know the guy but met him in Johnson City TN at a Damage plan show (small venue) it was greeat and a highlight of my life. I always admired him since i play guitar as well. I will never forget and the first time i saw people posting tribute pics and such i had a few tears roll out of eyes. It was damn sad when i saw Vinnie Paul in the last 2 pics http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... D%26sa%3DN

I just did not understand why. Dime seemed to be a good guy AND had a good attitude even though he was rich and famous. You dont find guys like Dime everyday no one will ever replace him one of kind dude

P.S. I seen Pantera 4 times and it was a highlight of my life also but during the damageplan show i got ot take picture and talk with him so it was better and more cherished