I'm thinking about have a custom relic bass made...

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

this seems like buying jeans with holes ripped in them. what the fuck? play the thing long enough and any guitar will look like that...
Don't quote me boy, 'cause i ain't said shit.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

I think I found the one....
Went older...51 P bass relic made by Rocket Fire.
This is built close to "Fender's 5000.00 Masterbuilt" specs.

Rocketfire Guitars 51P Bass $1540 - 2 Tone Sunburst
This 51P features a light Ash body that's got a grain so well matched it looks like a one piece! You REALLY have to look to see the seam (center seamed). Beautiful grain and VERY resonant. Every one of these 51's I've built rings like a piano and this is no exception. Great clarity and punch. Ships with the Fender Tweed Hardshell case (shown).

-Bone nut
-10" radius
-20 jumbo frets
-Wilkinson Vintage repro bridge with tilt comp swivel saddles
-Strings through body (vintage Fender style)
-Perfect playabillity
-CTS Pots and a Rocketfire Guitars Handwound pickup

[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

how much is he wanting you to bench press for it? Although I will say from those pics that fretboard looks VERY fakely worn.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

The "wear" on the body looks much better than the first guit though.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

croninburg wrote:The "wear" on the body looks much better than the first guit though.
:tup:
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

JesseJames wrote:how much is he wanting you to bench press for it? Although I will say from those pics that fretboard looks VERY fakely worn.
1540.00 shipped, and yes, the fret wear was somewhat of an issue for me too. A little overdone, but acceptable.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

Do you know the resale on this brand of guitar? I couldn't find a single one on e-bay.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

Rocket Fire, like other relic companies ie: Nash or Relic Deluxe products hold their value quite well. My guitar player who turned me onto the "relic world" had a Nash Telecaster paid $1800.00 for it and flipped 3 years later for $2100.00. While they don't appreciate (like a real one) they do seem to hold their value.

http://www.rocketfireguitars.com

P.S. ebay is a bad guage for this type of product, you usually find these on collector forums (where this one was found)
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

PABassPlayer wrote:Rocket Fire, like other relic companies ie: Nash or Relic Deluxe products hold their value quite well. My guitar player who turned me onto the "relic world" had a Nash Telecaster paid $1800.00 for it and flipped 3 years later for $2100.00. While they don't appreciate (like a real one) they do seem to hold their value.

P.S. ebay is a bad guage for this type of product, you usually find these on collector forums (where this one was found)
Ahhh... well it's your money bro, you can do whatever you want with it. It's certainly no SX, but I guess you will have to make due.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

JesseJames wrote:
PABassPlayer wrote:Rocket Fire, like other relic companies ie: Nash or Relic Deluxe products hold their value quite well. My guitar player who turned me onto the "relic world" had a Nash Telecaster paid $1800.00 for it and flipped 3 years later for $2100.00. While they don't appreciate (like a real one) they do seem to hold their value.

Ahhh... well it's your money bro, you can do whatever you want with it. It's certainly no SX, but I guess you will have to make due.

LMAO, I know what you mean...my budget merits that I can afford it.
I will admit it's an extravagance seeing I have 5 other basses that play perfectly fine, but as they say...it is what it is.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

PABassPlayer wrote:
Fender has been making the P & J basses since 1951.
I'm going to try something different Motorhead, rather than criticize, I will attempt to educate. Here is the history of the Fender Precision (or "P") bass.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fender_Precision_Bass

As far as why you would want "the relic" look...it's just a look or "charactor" that shows the nostalgic look of what most '59's would look like now. My other options would be play my current P basses for 20 years untill they wear like that or buy a '59 for between 15K to 60K, and while I make a decent living, I'm not willing to shell out that kind of $$$.

I own 4 pristine fender bases (2 p's and 2 j's) and now I want to add a relic to the collection.

I am curious to what Pfloyds opinion is on this. Btw, Pfloyd, thanks for the advice, I am playing the song to a "T" now.
I'm not terribly big into the whole Relic thing. I certainly think they look cool but I'd never buy one mostly because I'm always going in the "newer, modern" direction with music gear.

And that's cool about that song. I just recorded a bass line for a new song that is played almost entirely on the offbeats. Gives it a cool, hyper feel.
:tup:
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
slay
kingsly

Post by slay »

PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

slay wrote:eat your hearts out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obsgnwQ1IxY
Playing the notes is only 1/3 of of it, try timing and feel.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"

slay
kingsly

Post by slay »

PABassPlayer wrote:
slay wrote:eat your hearts out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obsgnwQ1IxY
Playing the notes is only 1/3 of of it, try timing and feel.
yeah i know it's pretty shitty just playin around

first set of strings i put on it since i bought it, 20 bucks for strings!

i saw some for like 47 bucks, crazyness.