A not so clear picture of James Murphy's current rig

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

A not so clear picture of James Murphy's current rig

Post by CFH Eternal »

[quote="Cheyenne Fucking Buffet"]This one's called Enter Sandman, maybe you've heard of it."[/quote]
Sheldon
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Sheldon »

I see another reason you wanted that guitar you showed me yesterday :lol:
[i]If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bullshit![/i]

Jackson/Charvel Whore
InfernalEmpire
Far Beyond Driven

Post by InfernalEmpire »

I'd love to try a Caparison. :tup:
\m/ VADER \m/
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

james murphy rules. yep.
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

Post by Balls On Parade »

Framus amps, huh? And DAMN< that dude ahas a LOT of vinyl!!!!
policeman: are you alright?
Rainbow Randolph: I'm a little fucked up in general, so it's kind of hard to gauge!
wal
women = whore

Post by wal »

Balls On Parade wrote: that dude ahas a LOT of vinyl!!!!
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

the caparsion hes holding looks pretty nice dude :tup: how much do they go for?
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

TK wrote:the caparsion hes holding looks pretty nice dude :tup: how much do they go for?
the dellingers are like 1799$ and the dellinger HGS is like $1499
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

Post by Balls On Parade »

wal wrote:
Balls On Parade wrote: that dude ahas a LOT of vinyl!!!!
notice that the only ones you can see the fronts of are the ones he has played on...
policeman: are you alright?
Rainbow Randolph: I'm a little fucked up in general, so it's kind of hard to gauge!
AlabamaRedneck
Lynch Mob

Post by AlabamaRedneck »

aeon wrote:james murphy rules. yep.
CobraGT508 88 (4:32:07 AM): on a scale of 1-10, how tall is a goat with credit card eyes?
rebelextravagant (4:32:15 AM): 27%
RE-ED
SAQZAPPER

Post by RE-ED »

In August of 2001 James Murphy, the guitarist you all know from Testament, Death, Obituary, Disincarnate, Shrapnel solo albums and numerous guest spots on CD's and tours throughout the world, was discovered to have a massive tumor growth near the base of his brain and was quickly scheduled for an urgent life saving operation. He is currently staying with his family in Florida during his recovery and follow-up treatments.

In December of 1993 James had put his own project, Disincarnate, on the shelf and moved from Tampa, Florida to Oakland, California where he joined the preeminent Bay area metal band Testament. During the next 7 years he played with Testament on 3 CD's and numerous tours, built up and operated his own Sound Temple recording studio, released 2 solo albums on Shrapnel records, played as a guest on 3 releases and toured with Danish act Konkhra, and made guest appearances on numerous other discs, all while working as an engineer on dozens of CD's and demos.

The first signs that led to his eventual diagnosis began showing as far back as early 1999 and were misunderstood by friends, family, and business associates alike. At first his sight began getting a bit blurry around the edges of his field of vision and he had some short-term memory loss. By the fall of 2000 those symptoms had steadily grown much worse and he had also developed very uncharacteristic behavior patterns and poor judgment ability. The once responsible, conscientious guitarist had begun to mismanage his finances and forget important events and details.

As a result of the growth's effects, particularly on his judgment, memory and behavior, James eventually ended up homeless and lost everything - his studio, guitars and gear, a 12-year career's worth of personal belongings and collections, and very nearly his life.

Luckily, after his family finally convinced him to return to Florida and eventually, some months later, to agree to see doctors about his rapidly worsening symptoms, the tumor was finally discovered. An Optician that his father had taken him to in the hopes of getting him some glasses to help with his poor vision suspected that the cause of the problem was more than merely bad eyes, and suggested an MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) as soon as possible. Once the MRI films were developed the tumor was revealed and the reason behind all of James' strange symptoms and behavior was revealed. It was a Pituitary Macro-Adenoma - a huge tumor growth the size of nearly 3 golf balls located beneath the brain and originating on the pituitary gland. It had expanded into the optic chiasm, wrapped itself around the carotid arteries, and was putting great pressure on his brain and optic nerve as well as effecting hormone production. The size of the tumor and its adverse effects made it crucial for James to quickly undergo surgery to remove as much of it as possible or face blindness, the likelihood of an aneurysm, permanent brain damage, and ultimately death within 6 months time.

James underwent surgery on Sep. 17th, 2001 at the Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute in Tampa, Florida. Neurosurgeon Dr. Frank Vrionis and Head and Neck surgeon Dr. John Song, performed the operation using a Maxillary Swing procedure that made entry through the left side of the face. An incision was made underneath the left eye, along the side of the nose, and finally through the middle of the upper lip. The facial tissue was then pulled back and the cheekbone removed. They then cut through his sinus and made entry below the orbit of the eye to remove a portion of the growth. More was removed through an incision made in the soft pallet inside the mouth. About 70% of the tumor was removed, the remainder being too close to vital structures to risk further damage. The sinus was then packed with fat tissue taken from the lower abdomen via an incision below the navel and reattached. The cheekbone was set back in place and held with two small titanium plates. The facial tissue was then sutured closed along with the soft pallet. His mouth was fitted with a prosthesis to protect the pallet tissue while it healed. The remaining 30% of the tumor is being treated with a medication to shrink it called Parlodel (Bromocriptine), which he will have to take for the rest of his life.

Since the surgery he has made a lot of progress on the road to recovery and has overcome many problems. His mind has returned to him and his body is on the mend. However, there are numerous complications caused by the tumor and surgery that he is still struggling with.
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

mattias eklundh plays caparison and he fucking rips. he's got the signature applehorn guitar. i would buy a vigier over a caparison though and also because the faggot from errrr whats the band called ill come back when i remember
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

I'd tap it.
axlash wrote:black people kind of like me.
Mad Muir wrote:that would be awesome if the dog took a shit but the condom was stuck to its butthole lips and it blew a big 'ol turd balloon
Sheldon
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Sheldon »

hippy wrote:mattias eklundh plays caparison and he fucking rips. he's got the signature applehorn guitar. i would buy a vigier over a caparison though and also because the faggot from errrr whats the band called ill come back when i remember
http://www.kyowashokai.co.jp/caparison% ... rtist.html
[i]If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bullshit![/i]

Jackson/Charvel Whore
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

killswitch engage :x

fuck them their faggots. the drummer came to my school 2 years ago? i wanted to call him a faggot really badly
Metallash
Hail Dimebag

Post by Metallash »

hippy wrote:killswitch engage :x

fuck them their faggots. the drummer came to my school 2 years ago? i wanted to call him a faggot really badly
so why didnt you?
"What'chu doin in mah house?...........eating a big ass Sandwich n shit?"
scrotal_tug
Vulgar Bastard

Post by scrotal_tug »

And why was he at your school?

Nice rig.. Id love to try out those Capirson's and a Framus :tup:
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

as would i but i never see any of that gear around here
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

InfernalEmpire wrote:I'd love to try a Caparison. :tup:
http://www.burialwithin.com

[quote="goshuaspenis"]if 90% of all women in pubs are fugly, WHY DO YOU THINK THE WHOLE FUCKING NATION IS KNOWN AS ONE MASSIVE ALCOHOLIC KNOWN AS TEXECUTIONER THE ELECTROTESTICULAR[/quote]