Guitar Projects

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Sheldon
Far Beyond Driven

Guitar Projects

Post by Sheldon »

I'm at various stages of modifying my 2 axes. First off I'm dealing with tone and playability issues first off, since those are more important then a "cool looking axe".
Here's what I'll be doing to my axes:
RR
Before:
Already done:
EMG-85 neck p/u, EMG-81 bridge p/u. Graph Tech String Saver Saddles & Nut.
Side note, the fretboard was scalloped (badly) before I got it.

After:
Going to be done:
Gold Floyd Rose & nut. New 24 fret ebony fretboard with sharkie inlays and jumbo frets. Neck 'bucker slot filled in and painted. Gold knobs and switch. White neck & headstock "binding trick" and pinstripes. EMG-PA2 (Booster mini switch) preamp.

Soloist
Before:
Already done:
Chrome Original Floyd Rose installed.

After:
Grey spraypaint removed on body and neck, returned to the original black finish. Single-coil neck slot filled in and painted. DiMarzio X2N bridge p/u. New ebony fretboard with sharkie inlays and jumbo frets. White neck & headstock "binding trick". EMG-PA2 (Booster mini switch) preamp.

Anyone else like modding their guitars this much? :|): :lol:
Last edited by Sheldon on Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
[i]If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bullshit![/i]

Jackson/Charvel Whore
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

Post by Balls On Parade »

i designed one over there, too, bro:

policeman: are you alright?
Rainbow Randolph: I'm a little fucked up in general, so it's kind of hard to gauge!
Sheldon
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Sheldon »

:shock: :tup:
What's the specs?
[i]If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bullshit![/i]

Jackson/Charvel Whore
Zivi
BOOM headshot!

Post by Zivi »

Outlaw, do you really want to do the new fretboard at your own? I think that's really difficult....
Panterachat get your metal pestilence. Arbuckle hospital. Iron from 1920s. Aheels. Seals hockey. Evan lysacek personal life. Bbb certified at home ...
Sheldon
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Sheldon »

Zivi wrote:Outlaw, do you really want to do the new fretboard at your own? I think that's really difficult....
It's not that difficult, if you know what you're doing. The inlays and possibly fretwork would be the hardest part...and I think I may have that shit taken care of anyways...or so I hope. If not, it'll be a great learning experience.

Jackson/Charvel Whore
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

probally going to get a floyd installed on my mockingbird.and on my king v im going to eventually install my emgs that i bought for it in june :lol: possibly change out the lisenced floyd to a real floyd.
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

the mod of the rr looks like laiho's
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

hippy wrote:the mod of the rr looks like laiho's
alexis pinstripes are different though
Sheldon
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Sheldon »

hippy wrote:the mod of the rr looks like laiho's
Well I'm not going to try and hide it, his new ESP did have a lot of inspiration on my ideas for the RR project. But I did take "his" ideas and added my own touch to it. Such as the EMG-81 as apposed to his EMG-HZ. Wrona's also right, the pins are different. I'm copying Randy's white V's pins and modding them slightly.

Jackson/Charvel Whore
InfernalEmpire
Far Beyond Driven

Post by InfernalEmpire »

The RR, when completed, will be an absolute monster guitar. :tup: Though personally I'd favor a Dimebucker over the EMG 81, but to each his own.
\m/ VADER \m/
Sheldon
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Sheldon »

InfernalEmpire wrote:The RR, when completed, will be an absolute monster guitar. :tup: Though personally I'd favor a Dimebucker over the EMG 81, but to each his own.
Both of 'em will be monsters! Each being loaded with thee hottest humbuckers and EMG booster circuits. They're gonna melt faces off :aargh: :|):

Jackson/Charvel Whore
Sheldon
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Sheldon »

Got a killer deal on the gold Floyd Rose! 45 bucks! :shock:

Jackson/Charvel Whore
InfernalEmpire
Far Beyond Driven

Post by InfernalEmpire »

Sheldon wrote:Both of 'em will be monsters! Each being loaded with thee hottest humbuckers and EMG booster circuits. They're gonna melt faces off
Yeah, but I've owned a Soloist so I'm just extremely jealous of the RR cuz I've wanted one for a while now. :tup:
\m/ VADER \m/
Sheldon
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Sheldon »

InfernalEmpire wrote:
Sheldon wrote:Both of 'em will be monsters! Each being loaded with thee hottest humbuckers and EMG booster circuits. They're gonna melt faces off
Yeah, but I've owned a Soloist so I'm just extremely jealous of the RR cuz I've wanted one for a while now. :tup:
Mine's a Hondo, not a Jackson. But after the mods it's going to look like a bastardized Jackson for sure :D
I've seen a few pop up on ebay for like 150 bucks tops. You could get one and mod it like I did/am.

Jackson/Charvel Whore
InfernalEmpire
Far Beyond Driven

Post by InfernalEmpire »

Sheldon wrote:Mine's a Hondo, not a Jackson. But after the mods it's going to look like a bastardized Jackson for sure Very Happy
I've seen a few pop up on ebay for like 150 bucks tops. You could get one and mod it like I did/am.
Oh, no shit, thought you had a Jackson. lol I would consider that, however I know how to install pickups and that's essentially it as far as my luthier skills go.
\m/ VADER \m/
Sheldon
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Sheldon »

My "Soloist" is a Charvel...so I'm not that far off :D

Jackson/Charvel Whore
scrotal_tug
Vulgar Bastard

Post by scrotal_tug »

Whats the URL for the site you guys have designed your guitars on again?!
Pantera420
Vulgar Bastard

Re: Guitar Projects

Post by Pantera420 »

Sheldon wrote:I'm at various stages of modifying my 2 axes. First off I'm dealing with tone and playability issues first off, since those are more important then a "cool looking axe".
Here's what I'll be doing to my axes:
RR
Before:
Already done:
EMG-85 neck p/u, EMG-81 bridge p/u. Graph Tech String Saver Saddles & Nut.
Side note, the fretboard was scalloped (badly) before I got it.

After:
Going to be done:
Gold Floyd Rose & nut. New 24 fret ebony fretboard with sharkie inlays and jumbo frets. Neck 'bucker slot filled in and painted. Gold knobs and switch. White neck & headstock "binding trick" and pinstripes. EMG-PA2 (Booster mini switch) preamp.

Soloist
Before:
Already done:
Chrome Original Floyd Rose installed.

After:
Grey spraypaint removed on body and neck, returned to the original black finish. Single-coil neck slot filled in and painted. DiMarzio X2N bridge p/u. New ebony fretboard with sharkie inlays and jumbo frets. White neck & headstock "binding trick". EMG-PA2 (Booster mini switch) preamp.

Anyone else like modding their guitars this much? :|): :lol:
god damn outlaw :shock:
Individual Thought Patterns
Sheldon
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Sheldon »

scrotal_tug wrote:Whats the URL for the site you guys have designed your guitars on again?!
www.nymphusa.com/tele and the one I used to make my "mock ups" are on the Jackson/Charvel forum.

Jackson/Charvel Whore
Sheldon
Far Beyond Driven

Re: Guitar Projects

Post by Sheldon »

Pantera420 wrote:god damn outlaw :shock:
Ya like those, huh? :|):

Jackson/Charvel Whore
InfernalEmpire
Far Beyond Driven

Post by InfernalEmpire »

Sheldon wrote:My "Soloist" is a Charvel...so I'm not that far off
Haha, close enough man :tup:
\m/ VADER \m/
CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

Post by CFH Eternal »

Washburn SS80 stripped I acquired for a 100 dollars on ebay. After I get everything I need at where I work, then it will be set

Green stain finish, Schaller Floyd Rose, Black Metal Knobs, 3-way black strat toggle switch, Bill Lawrence L500XL (in black), and Seymour Duncan SH1-N '59 4 conductor (push pull on the tone knob)
[quote="Cheyenne Fucking Buffet"]This one's called Enter Sandman, maybe you've heard of it."[/quote]