Guitar Cabinets

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Lando Griffin
Hail Dimebag

Post by Lando Griffin »

satan wrote:for real how do i change this cream puff thing
you have to post something relevant in the right forum, for starters
DeathSion
Cowboy From Hell

Post by DeathSion »

Ben wrote:
DeathSion wrote:
Ben wrote:Mesa cabs = overrated
everything can be overated..especially when not set up correctly.
True, but everyone thinks Mesas are the best amps/cabs/etc ever made, which is just not true.
They're still extremely good...but best sounding amp is only based upon personal preference. I'm not a fanboy type of person...but the engl powerball we have ran through the mesa boogie 4x12..sounds amazing compared to the other cabs we ran it through...and it sounds better than my marshall with celestion greenbacks in it. but when i run my peavey 5150 II i feel it sounds better out of the marshall..just has a better sound with that set-up. but with the peavey i have to run 1400$ of rack gear with it to make it sound as good as I want it to.
LionsDen
Creampuff

Post by LionsDen »

weonlywonfiveone wrote: That's a really good comparison. Cheers for that.
Np.
weonlywonfiveone wrote: Is that you who recorded those?
No.
Ben wrote:
DeathSion wrote:
Ben wrote:Mesa cabs = overrated
everything can be overated..especially when not set up correctly.
True, but everyone thinks Mesas are the best amps/cabs/etc ever made, which is just not true.
The best? No. One of the best? Most definitely. Their cab construction is top. Bogners and older Marshall cabs are also known to be good.

Now, what about speakers? :killjew: Speaker preference is mostly opinion, and there's many to choose from. But a few seem to be of choice. Namely Celestion V30's, G12T-75's, and Greenbacks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkXOwBIRX7Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH0rFZIqo8A
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

I play an old assed 5150 head through the 5150 cab, but I'm thinking about getting a new cabinet instead. I like the tone I have because it's warm, kind of raw/70's-ish, and still has good crunch and more than enough distortion than I'll ever use.

But I'm thinking about getting a new cab, because the 5150 one is falling apart. The casters are shit, and I think that it just wasn't that well made. Any ideas on a cab that would enhance the qualities I mentioned above, and is well built? I like to do a lot of fusion playing too, so if that could be taken into consideration, that'd be cool.
CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

Post by CFH Eternal »

Orange cabinet sounds like it might be up your alley. Although it is heavier than most 4x12's and it does not have casters but instead these slat's which can be a double-edged sword in my book.
[quote="Cheyenne Fucking Buffet"]This one's called Enter Sandman, maybe you've heard of it."[/quote]
SuicideNote
I will fuck you up

Post by SuicideNote »

I'm sure this forum is making me dumber.
[quote]What it's fair to say is that there is a significant number of young Australian males whose first glimpse of the sexualized female is her engaging in graphic, maybe even violent, hardcore sex.[/quote]