playing with cocky faggots

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Dimejandro
I will fuck you up

playing with cocky faggots

Post by Dimejandro »

so.. i got invited to play in a porcupine tree cover band. I LOVE porcupine tree so this is a no brainer BUT the whole band is comprised of jerkoffs. The drummer is really good but thinks he's some sort of philosopher. The other guitarist is this really average guitar player who i fear will try to turn this into a competition, and the bass player is a really wierd dude from my highschool but is good. I dont know the keys guy. I havn't played infront of an audience in ages.. im pretty damn desperate. Should i take this gig even though i dislike the members?
Pickled fetus worshipped
Divine Mongoloid
Was fucked in Effigy
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

I'd tell the drummer he hits things with sticks for a reason, show the other guitar player up and lay my cock right out on the table.
Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
DimebagIsGod1992
Creampuff Sr.

Post by DimebagIsGod1992 »

One night show? Or is this a for sure band for a while? If its a one night show go for it. And if you'll be in this band for a while and dont wanna put up with their bullshit, tell them whatsup. And if they really want/need you, they will maybe become "better band members".

...Or you could just say no.
Rest In Peace Dimebag. 1966-2004.
Dimejandro
I will fuck you up

Post by Dimejandro »

haha im going to go to the practice sesh tomorrow and check out the vibe. It's going to be prolly 1-3 gigs at most, so its not like im tied to these dudes. I am gonna lay out my cock on the table so this guy knows he can't touch this.
Pickled fetus worshipped
Divine Mongoloid
Was fucked in Effigy
Cheyenne fucking Buffet
I am cool

Re: playing with cocky faggots

Post by Cheyenne fucking Buffet »

Dimejandro wrote:Should i take this gig even though i dislike the members?
Fuck no.
IPlayTheIrishFlute wrote:I often stick my cock in my flute then ejaculate and blow the cum out of it into your mother's face.
Browns Town
CONSPIRACY

Post by Browns Town »

Is Porcupine Tree big enough to have a cover band? :lol:
I am a hostile heterosexual male who is very pissed off.
Cheyenne fucking Buffet
I am cool

Post by Cheyenne fucking Buffet »

Well if you've got people that love a band and enjoy playing their music, why not screw around with some covers?
IPlayTheIrishFlute wrote:I often stick my cock in my flute then ejaculate and blow the cum out of it into your mother's face.
Dimejandro
I will fuck you up

Post by Dimejandro »

Cheyenne fucking Buffet wrote:Well if you've got people that love a band and enjoy playing their music, why not screw around with some covers?
haha exactly! haha but as BT says, i dont expect alot of people really going out of their way to see a porcupine cover band haha.. but tis a good thing i know lots of friends would go support me. Im not sure these other guys have friends.
Pickled fetus worshipped
Divine Mongoloid
Was fucked in Effigy
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Just go with the flow of it. Might be a laugh, maybe they'll all loosen up when ye all jam, have some beers and stuff.
The Fear
Obsessed

Post by The Fear »

Browns Town wrote:Is Porcupine Tree big enough to have a cover band? :lol:
I would love to see a Porcupine Tree covers band!
down ass chic wrote:takes one to noone SLUT!
Dimejandro
I will fuck you up

Post by Dimejandro »

haha you just might fear, im planning on getting that shit recorded. anyway, i played with these guys for 2 hours today. turned out the bass player couldn't attend because he couldn't find a decent amp and some other shit about his house. Despite the shitty guitar tone/playing from the other dude, the music was sounding pretty good without bass or keyboards. I gotta say i was impressed with the drumming. But, these guys turned out being pretty cool when playing so its all good. The othe guitarist was practicly letting me play all the solo/awesome parts. I felt bad, so im gonna let him play the sound of muzak solo.
Pickled fetus worshipped
Divine Mongoloid
Was fucked in Effigy
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

My friend drove out to Milwaukee last weekend to see them play. I like Porcupine Tree, but not THAT much.

If it's just a few gigs, I'd do it but definitely not permanently.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

I don't think I've ever heard Porcupine Tree. Any suggestions on where to start?
The Fear
Obsessed

Post by The Fear »

BassPhemy wrote:I don't think I've ever heard Porcupine Tree. Any suggestions on where to start?
Download the albums In Absentia and Deadwing.

Or download the song Arriving Somewhere But Not Here for an introduction to the band.
Dimejandro
I will fuck you up

Post by Dimejandro »

Pfl?yd wrote:My friend drove out to Milwaukee last weekend to see them play. I like Porcupine Tree, but not THAT much.

If it's just a few gigs, I'd do it but definitely not permanently.
lol i was going to go get on a plane to see em, but i couldn't go b/c of goddamn exams. lucky friend btw!! the setlist this summer is great.
Pickled fetus worshipped
Divine Mongoloid
Was fucked in Effigy
Dimejandro
I will fuck you up

Post by Dimejandro »

BassPhemy wrote:I don't think I've ever heard Porcupine Tree. Any suggestions on where to start?
Here ya go phemy, I uploaded some of my favorite PT songs:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ws86es

Blackest eyes, sound of muzak are probably the most famous PT songs, start with those if you like! they're amazing imo. I added 2 steven wilson (vocalist/songwriter of PT) blackfield songs (Christening and My Gift of Silence) aswell.
Pickled fetus worshipped
Divine Mongoloid
Was fucked in Effigy
The Fear
Obsessed

Post by The Fear »

Steve Wilson is from a town next to mine :|):
chuckbuksquared
I will fuck you up

Post by chuckbuksquared »

Dimejandro wrote:haha im going to go to the practice sesh tomorrow and check out the vibe. It's going to be prolly 1-3 gigs at most, so its not like im tied to these dudes. I am gonna lay out my cock on the table so this guy knows he can't touch this.
Sounds like your relieved because the pressure of a long term thing would just hurt your nutsack. :lol:
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

Dimejandro wrote:

Blackest eyes, sound of muzak are probably the most famous PT songs, start with those if you like! they're amazing imo. I added 2 steven wilson (vocalist/songwriter of PT) blackfield songs (Christening and My Gift of Silence) aswell.
This is way awesome.
Dimejandro
I will fuck you up

Post by Dimejandro »

BassPhemy wrote:
Dimejandro wrote:

This is way awesome.
awesome man! if you ever need some more, just let me know and ill up that shit bro.
Pickled fetus worshipped
Divine Mongoloid
Was fucked in Effigy
Lando Griffin
Hail Dimebag

Post by Lando Griffin »

I got their dvd "arriving somewhere" from amazon a few days ago. Good stuff, really good quality DVD. Didn't get to check out all the "special features" and everything but I would recommend looking into it.
pRiMaL
Creampuff

Post by pRiMaL »

I HATE THOSE COCKY MOTHERFUCKERS.people need to realize who they are not who they think they are man There is a bass store by my house and me being a bassist i go in there all the time and there is always some douche bag here thinking hes a fucking god :fur:
ITS A MESSAGE IN BLOOD! ITS YOUR CRYPTIC WARNING!