I think I have loss my love for super high gain amps

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

I think I have loss my love for super high gain amps

Post by CFH Eternal »

While I enjoy the sound of a 5150 or dual recto's, I just am not into that sound so much anymore. Maybe it is because people here still believe in the scooping out the mids and turning the treble and bass on 11 or possibly my lack of interest in extreme metal. I enjoy amps now more like Orange's, Marshall's, early Mesa Boogie's. Or just any amp where you have to push it hard volume wise to get that "umph" sound I like? Anyone else having this
[quote="Cheyenne Fucking Buffet"]This one's called Enter Sandman, maybe you've heard of it."[/quote]
Dimejandro
I will fuck you up

Post by Dimejandro »

naah, they are pretty nice though. A good friend of my older brother (played in the band "Panda") has a reaaaally nice old orange. Really expensive too haha. He lent it to my brother once so he could Dj lol.. the guy was a total idiot when it came to music, but his dad is really loaded so wtf does he care.
Pickled fetus worshipped
Divine Mongoloid
Was fucked in Effigy
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

It all depends on what sound you're going for. I wouldn't use an Orange to play ultra fast/technical death metal, nor would I look to a Triple Rectifier if I wanted to sound like Electric Wizard.
http://www.burialwithin.com

[quote="goshuaspenis"]if 90% of all women in pubs are fugly, WHY DO YOU THINK THE WHOLE FUCKING NATION IS KNOWN AS ONE MASSIVE ALCOHOLIC KNOWN AS TEXECUTIONER THE ELECTROTESTICULAR[/quote]
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

I'm getting a small build-your-own class A valve amp for my birthday this summer :)
Dimejandro
I will fuck you up

Post by Dimejandro »

should i get a five one fitty or a triple xxx?
Pickled fetus worshipped
Divine Mongoloid
Was fucked in Effigy
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

I like the sound of old Fenders and Voxes best. Big ear-splitting Marshall, Randalls, and Mesas are just too much. 99% of musicians that play in bands don't need a 200-watt full stack. I'd rather have an amp that has nice, clean tone at a low volume that can easily be pumped into a PA than some roaring 130 db beast that is impossible to make sound good through a PA or on a recording.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

croninburg wrote:I'm getting a small build-your-own class A valve amp for my birthday this summer :)
Whoa, that sounds kind of cool! :shock:
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Pfl?yd wrote:
croninburg wrote:I'm getting a small build-your-own class A valve amp for my birthday this summer :)
Whoa, that sounds kind of cool! :shock:
They're pretty cheap too (from £90 for 5w), since you're only paying for the components and no workmanship. The only thing is, the kit is just the amp, with no chassis or speaker so I'll have to either convert a shitty practice amp, make my own combo from scratch or build housing for the amp and get a cab.. in any case, it should be fun. I'll have to brush up on my soldering though, I haven't done any since materials tech classes when I was about 13 :lol:
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

If I were a guitar player I'd have an Orange amp, and I'll definitely have one in the future for hobby recordings.
Wagner Vajagner
Hates Jews

Post by Wagner Vajagner »

But you are not..So shut the fuck up. :fu:
I hate you. I hate everything you stand for. I hate your family. I hate your ancestors. I hate the fact that you are alive.
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

Too bad I play better than yoooou.
Wagner Vajagner
Hates Jews

BassPhemy wrote:Too bad I play better than yoooou.
No you dont. How could you ever practice when you are on here all day?
I hate you. I hate everything you stand for. I hate your family. I hate your ancestors. I hate the fact that you are alive.
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

I spend like 10 minutes a day on the PBB, and even if I did spend all day here I could still have a guitar in my lap. Now stop being gay.
Three Second Doom
Hail Dimebag

Post by Three Second Doom »

I really want to try out an Orange amp sometime soon. From what I've heard, they're fantastic.

I really need to upgrade from my B-52 solid state.
Wagner Vajagner
Hates Jews

BassPhemy wrote:I spend like 10 minutes a day on the PBB, and even if I did spend all day here I could still have a guitar in my lap. Now stop being gay.
Lies..You could do alot of things...Does not mean you do.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

Wagner Vajagner wrote:
BassPhemy wrote:I spend like 10 minutes a day on the PBB, and even if I did spend all day here I could still have a guitar in my lap. Now stop being gay.
you're still gay
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

Dimejandro wrote:should i get a five one fitty or a triple xxx?
Matter of personal taste, really. I LOVE my XXX, but you can get killer tones out of both of em.
http://www.burialwithin.com

[quote="goshuaspenis"]if 90% of all women in pubs are fugly, WHY DO YOU THINK THE WHOLE FUCKING NATION IS KNOWN AS ONE MASSIVE ALCOHOLIC KNOWN AS TEXECUTIONER THE ELECTROTESTICULAR[/quote]
Wagner Vajagner
Hates Jews

DBS wrote:
Wagner Vajagner wrote:
I'm still gay
Yup.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

i cant believe you actually detonated the ownage-bomb on me. my first reaction was to throw my towel into the proverbial ring and apologise for my intolerance. however, since you brought up the fact that i indulge in homosexual behaviour, i had to respond with my own message. eat my asshole you fucking fruitcake. nobody likes your bald head. stick it up your anus and chew on your fucking appendix. jew.
Wagner Vajagner
Hates Jews

DBS wrote:i cant believe you actually detonated the ownage-bomb on me. my first reaction was to throw my towel into the proverbial ring and apologise for my intolerance. however, since you brought up the fact that i indulge in homosexual behaviour, i had to respond with my own message. eat my asshole you fucking fruitcake. nobody likes your bald head. stick it up your anus and chew on your fucking appendix. jew.
Wow...Thats impressive..You try to insult me by implying that you hate Jews and that I am in fact a Jew myself...Which makes us the same now doesnt it? You hate Jews, I hate Jews, only difference is I am not a coward bitch afraid to say it to their faces. Bitch.
Revolver
Lynch Mob

Post by Revolver »

Nazi wrote:Bitch.
:lol:
The Fear
Obsessed

Post by The Fear »

down ass chic wrote:takes one to noone SLUT!
7Dime7MetalMassacre
I will fuck you up

Post by 7Dime7MetalMassacre »

<THe_FeAR> wrote:Image
LOL :fag: :jew:
Suck me
Wagner Vajagner
Hates Jews

The only way that would be funny would be if you hated jews too...So therefore you are actually a hypocrite. And therefore a faggot. :fu:
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

Go back to prison you stupid pile of shit.
Wagner Vajagner
Hates Jews

BassPhemy wrote:Go back to prison you stupid pile of shit.
Get a job and stop mooching off your mother you parasitic waste of life.
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

High gain amps are cool and all, just too many people (mostly kids and retards) like to crank the gain up to the max.
Muffin
Lynch Mob

Post by Muffin »

Pfl?yd wrote:I'd rather have an amp that has nice, clean tone at a low volume that can easily be pumped into a PA than some roaring 130 db beast that is impossible to make sound good through a PA or on a recording.
You should look into Carvin amps. Even their solidstates produce pretty nifty, jazzy cleans.

edit: the 100 watt combo I've got produces excellent clean tones at low volumes too, I don't think I've ever taken it past "2" on the volume knob.
axlash wrote:black people kind of like me.
Mad Muir wrote:that would be awesome if the dog took a shit but the condom was stuck to its butthole lips and it blew a big 'ol turd balloon
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

Muffin wrote:
Pfl?yd wrote:I'd rather have an amp that has nice, clean tone at a low volume that can easily be pumped into a PA than some roaring 130 db beast that is impossible to make sound good through a PA or on a recording.
You should look into Carvin amps. Even their solidstates produce pretty nifty, jazzy cleans.

edit: the 100 watt combo I've got produces excellent clean tones at low volumes too, I don't think I've ever taken it past "2" on the volume knob.
I've got a Carvin bass amp. Awesome sounding amp. :tup: