opinons on the Epiphone Les Paul Custom please

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Top Dollar
I will fuck you up

opinons on the Epiphone Les Paul Custom please

Post by Top Dollar »

As pictured, it's in white which just looks beauitful. Retails around $600 CDN. I doodled around with it at the music store and just got goosebumps. So before I shell out that kind of money, I'd like some feedback! There's far more educated guitarists/musicians on here than myself, so any advice and input would be great.

Some info here http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?Pro ... ectionID=6
Last edited by Top Dollar on Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

It's gay that Gibson still makes cheap guitars and Epiphone makes expensive guitars.
Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
Top Dollar
I will fuck you up

Post by Top Dollar »

BassPhemy wrote:It's gay that Gibson still makes cheap guitars and Epiphone makes expensive guitars.
So I take it that it's a quality guitar?
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=518350

I have no idea, but Musicians Friend has 341 reviews on this guitar and hopefully one of them knows what they're talking about.
Lando Griffin
Hail Dimebag

Post by Lando Griffin »

Buy the chick on the right instead.
Dimejandro
I will fuck you up

Post by Dimejandro »

Lando Griffin wrote:Buy the chick on the right instead.
nah, she's heffs gurlfriend. she isn't hot.
Pickled fetus worshipped
Divine Mongoloid
Was fucked in Effigy
Top Dollar
I will fuck you up

Post by Top Dollar »

BassPhemy wrote:http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=518350

I have no idea, but Musicians Friend has 341 reviews on this guitar and hopefully one of them knows what they're talking about.
:tup:
BaptizedBurning
I will fuck you up

Post by BaptizedBurning »

i have one of these cheapo epiphone les pauls and it's actually not too bad. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=518334

I put an EMG hz in the bridge and it gets decent tone. i honestly can't tell much difference between my guitar and the more expensive one.
"When I die and see god, I'm gonna say...shit..."
CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

Post by CFH Eternal »

[quote="Cheyenne Fucking Buffet"]This one's called Enter Sandman, maybe you've heard of it."[/quote]
Top Dollar
I will fuck you up

Post by Top Dollar »

Well I got it and it's truly a thing of beauty. I have a Line6 Spider II amp (had for about a year), I've just noticed that the sound is a bit more...clear?sharp? It's a nicer,richer sound, but I'm sure I need to look into getting a more compatible amp for this guitar. I know next to nothing about gear,and all these technical stuff. I read how people changed the pickups for whatever reason,it's stuff I'm not too familiar with. I just play the damn thing. But yea, I'll save up some money and turn in my Line6 and look into getting a new one. I'm very happy with my purchase. It feels right when I play it, and looks right on me. It's a great feeling.
Wagner Vajagner
Hates Jews

Post by Wagner Vajagner »

Which Spider 2 do you have? I have one as well that I just got off Ebay...Love the thing.
I hate you. I hate everything you stand for. I hate your family. I hate your ancestors. I hate the fact that you are alive.
Wagner Vajagner
Hates Jews

Heres a cool Epiphone that I have...
I hate you. I hate everything you stand for. I hate your family. I hate your ancestors. I hate the fact that you are alive.
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

Nobody cares, faggot.
Wagner Vajagner
Hates Jews

BassPhemy wrote:Nobody cares, faggot.
Fuck off basement dweller.
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

Use that big misshapen dome of yours and learn to play.
Wagner Vajagner
Hates Jews

Funny, because the name of my instrument in not in my screen name means that I must have no idea as to how to play, right?
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

Wagner Vajagner wrote:Funny, because the name of my instrument in not in my screen name means that I must have no idea as to how to play, right?
I like your reasoning!
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

Wagner Vajagner wrote:Funny, because the name of my instrument in not in my screen name means that I must have no idea as to how to play, right?
You never talk about it and obviously have no passion for it, but you'll show off your new guitar and that you play any chance you get!
Top Dollar
I will fuck you up

Post by Top Dollar »

Wagner Vajagner wrote:Which Spider 2 do you have? I have one as well that I just got off Ebay...Love the thing.
http://line6.com/spiderii/210.html
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

BassPhemy wrote:
You never talk about it and obviously have no passion for it, but you'll show off your new guitar and that you play any chance you get!
WTF, you never talk about bass playing, nor post any clips, so what room do you have to talk?
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

JesseJames wrote:
BassPhemy wrote:
WTF, you never talk about bass playing, nor post any clips, so what room do you have to talk?
let's make this a fatal four way.
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
Wagner Vajagner
Hates Jews

BassPhemy wrote:
Its not new and I have been in bands since I was 13.. Because I dont feel the need to share that with you means nothing. Get over yourself and shut the fuck up. You are a lame punk ass kid who thinks his opinion matters. It doesn't. :fu:
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

I'm willing to bet that skin head has sucked at least one cock.
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
Wagner Vajagner
Hates Jews

dead forever wrote:I'm willing to bet that skin head has sucked at least one cock.
Are you willing to make that bet? Well, my counter offer says that I would beat you to death in less than 2 minutes..
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

Wagner Vajagner wrote:
dead forever wrote:I'm willing to bet that skin head has sucked at least one cock.
Are you willing to make that bet? Well, my counter offer says that I would beat you to death in less than 2 minutes..
Oh shit! No you didn't! Your faggot ass couldn't beat your way out of a wet paper bag with a limp wrist you stupid faggot! WOOP WOOP!
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
Wagner Vajagner
Hates Jews

If you say so "hecktic"...Queer.
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

JesseJames wrote:
BassPhemy wrote:
Musician's Forum. Stay out, please.
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

Wagner Vajagner wrote:
Yeah, you get real comfy in your computer chair because you can't do shit, faggot.
Wagner Vajagner
Hates Jews

BassPhemy wrote:
Wagner Vajagner wrote:
Yeah, you get real comfy in your computer chair because you can't do shit, faggot.
I think your mom is calling you , boy.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

BassPhemy wrote:
JesseJames wrote:
BassPhemy wrote:
So where is your awesome prowess on the bass displayed at? :lol:
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

JesseJames wrote:
BassPhemy wrote:
JesseJames wrote:
BassPhemy wrote:
So where is your awesome prowess on the bass displayed at? :lol:
Where is your awesome prowess in life displayed at? Oh, nowhere. Go home, fatboy.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

Where can I find your bands mp3's?
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

Non existant.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

If you are so great, why is this the case? You waiting on George Carlin in a telephone booth to tell you how you are going to change the world?
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

What is an MP3 going to do? "Oh, this band is good. When they play I will go see them." Wake up, stupid.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

BassPhemy wrote:What is an MP3 going to do? "Oh, this band is good. When they play I will go see them." Wake up, stupid.
Well, considering that is generally how the industry works.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

I'm in a cover band...I bring nothing to the table.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Wagner Vajagner wrote:
BassPhemy wrote:
Wagner Vajagner wrote:
Isn't there a picture of you with a dildo somewhere on this board?
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
Wagner Vajagner
Hates Jews

dead forever wrote:
Wagner Vajagner wrote:
BassPhemy wrote:
Wagner Vajagner wrote:
Isn't there a picture of you with a dildo somewhere on this board?
Isnt YOUR mother calling you too? Oh wait...No...Shes calling me. Insisting I ram her up the guts with my mallet of justice. :fu:
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

:lol: You'd never have a chance with anyone's mother because you look like Sloth, and they all grew up with that movie.