Shows you regret missing

Have some tour dates? Got a concert review? Its all in here....

Shows you regret missing

Post by Guest »

Me:

Nile/Cryptopsy/Gorguts/Oppressor (1998) - This was around the time when I was getting into death metal. I had bought Nile's Catacombs album shortly before this tour started, and I loved it. Didn't get into Cryptopsy 'til a few months later. This tour came to my town and I missed it because I had just started a new job and didn't have enough time to request the night off. This especially sucks because the first three bands are among my death metal favorites now, and Gorguts has since broken up. That was the year Obscura came out, too. :(

Queensryche/Type O Negative (1995) - This tour also came to my town. I think it was right before I got Queensryche's Promised Land album, but I had heard a lot of their songs on the radio and really liked them. Same with Type O Negative. Would've been awesome to see both bands on the same bill. Promised Land ended up becoming my favorite QR album, so that would've been the best time for me to see them, especially since Chris DeGarmo left the band a few years later, and everything they've done since Promised Land has been mediocre.

Steve Roach (2006) - One of my favorite musicians/composers. I saw him once before, back in 2000, but it was a collaboration with some other guy. The show he played here last year was comprised of his solo material. I found out about it well in advance, but for some stupid reason I didn't bother to get a ticket right away. Well, a few days before the show, I discovered that it had sold out. The night of the show, I contemplated going, on the off-chance that they might let in more people, but decided against it. The next day, I saw on his website a note stating that they actually would try to accommodate for everyone who hadn't been able to get a ticket. I'm still kicking myself for that one.

David Gilmour (2006) - I'm not too regretful for missing his L.A. show last year, since I was able to see Roger Waters afterward, but I really wish I had gone. The opportunity was there, but traveling is a pain in the ass, so I skipped it. I've got a bootleg from a later show he did on the tour, and the setlist was amazing. I would've loved to have heard Echoes live.

Other than those, I wish I had gotten into metal earlier so I could've gone to the first Ozzfest, back in '96. The lineup was badass. Also, I wish I had gotten into Neurosis earlier, since I had the opportunity to see them at Ozzfest '97. The only time I've seen them was when they opened for Soulfly. :no:
Cheyenne fucking Buffet
I am cool

Post by Cheyenne fucking Buffet »

King's X around '05-'06 and The Flower Kings in '06. Oh and of course Bloodshot in the early 20s.
Brandon
filthy degenerate

Post by Brandon »

nirvana- hara arena, 94 a couple months before kurts death

woodstock 94 and 99

the first couple lollapaloozas

extreme steel tour 2001

black sabbath during ozzfest 2004(i had to leave after priests set because i was so drunk and blacked out)

kid rock 1999, at the newport(1200 person venue in columbus)

2 live crew 2000 at the sanctuary, a small bar in dayton

damageplan, alrosa villa 2004. i was at a bar about 10 miles away when it happened.
rObsessed!
Lumber Jack Off
Lynch Mob

Post by Lumber Jack Off »

'The Metal Gods Tour' - Halford / Testament / Immortal / Primal Fear / Carnal Forge / Pain Museum / Amon Amarth. - nothing could top this tour, EVER. the fucking thing got cancelled like halfway through the tour because some dumbass at the booking agency fucked up the funding and doomed the entire tour. :fu:

Opeth / Nevermore 2005 - I was actually planning on making the 5 hour trek to go see this, but the show was supposedly canceled but it in fact got moved to a different venue. it pissed me off muchly when I found this out after the fact because I could have actually attended and the only reason I didnt go is because the venue's website listed no details and they wouldn't answer their phone. :finger:
\m/ www.MABB.us \m/
The Morbid Angel Board has a new address.
come check it out.
rapidshare :no: :fu:
buck satan
Baldy

Post by buck satan »

Acid Bath a couple times in the mid 90s
NIN/Marilyn Manson '94
Nirvana '93 or so
Robert M ByrdFinally passed a math class after 8 tries in a 14 year period of going to college off and on.
Kellan
Lynch Mob

Post by Kellan »

Necrophagist/Neuraxis/Arsis/Alarum/Cattle Decapitation, May 12th 2006.
Had my tickets, figured I wasn't going to make it in time considering it was Friday during rush hour and I still had to drive from Santa Rosa to San Francisco, so I said fuck it. Got piss drunk that night and puked until about 6am. Fucking retarded :tdown:

Dark Tranquillity/The Haunted/Into Eternity/Scar Symmetry - Right now.
Can't justify spending at least 120 bucks in gas to get there and back.
Doesn't mean I'm not fucking pissed off though.

Nevermore/Arch Enemy, sometime in April of 2006. Had to work the next day.

Necrophagist/Cannibal Corpse/Dying Fetus - had to work.

I'm sure there's more but those are all that come to mind at the moment.
DimebagIsGod1992
Creampuff Sr.

Post by DimebagIsGod1992 »

Every metal concert I didn't see.
Rest In Peace Dimebag. 1966-2004.
The Fear
Obsessed

Post by The Fear »

Brandon wrote:
extreme steel tour 2001
down ass chic wrote:takes one to noone SLUT!
Dimebaggage
Mouth For War

Post by Dimebaggage »

damageplan - 12/4/04. sayerville nj
[quote="Tyson"]Shut the fuck up, I prefer the sleazeball verison.[/quote]
The Fear
Obsessed

Post by The Fear »

I'm upset you missed it too. There's a chance you could have been killed.
down ass chic wrote:takes one to noone SLUT!
Lumber Jack Off
Lynch Mob

Post by Lumber Jack Off »

I saw damageplan. it wasnt anything special until they played a couple of pantera songs at the end. I only went to see The Haunted. :waa:
\m/ www.MABB.us \m/
The Morbid Angel Board has a new address.
come check it out.
rapidshare :no: :fu:
Baby Selwyn
Death is Certain

Post by Baby Selwyn »

The recent Obituary/Napalm Death tour.
They call me rubberneck!
aaron
Far Beyond Driven

Post by aaron »

im going to regret missing roger waters in June, but who wants to pay 120 dollars to sit in nosebleeds anyhow?
in my eyes im not lazy
in your face its not over
in your room im not older
in your eyes im not worth it
aaron
Far Beyond Driven

Post by aaron »

Brandon wrote: damageplan, alrosa villa 2004. i was at a bar about 10 miles away when it happened.
be honest, would you have run out like a pussy? or would you have been a crazy motherfuck
in my eyes im not lazy
in your face its not over
in your room im not older
in your eyes im not worth it
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Biggest regret, either not going to Download fest. 2004 to see Dimebag's last UK performance, or missing Meshuggah at Download 2005 when I did go down. Fucked up the times and thought I had already missed them, so watched Anthrax instead. Could of been alot worse, but still very :tdown:
Suicyco
Cowboy From Hell

Post by Suicyco »

last year's Down tour because i had exams
Bert
Lynch Mob

Post by Bert »

Judas Priest 2005. Their support were the Scorpions and the tickets were too expensive. What was I thinking? Priest were fuckin great.
Crowbar 2005 I think. I didn't even know they played here goddamnit. :x
Blacktoothgrin77
Creampuff

Post by Blacktoothgrin77 »

Eyehategod in Little Rock, AR like May 17 or something back in 2005. I was so bummed out
Gor-Gor
Tyrant-King

Post by Gor-Gor »

Obituary at Janus Landing in St. pete on their frozen in time tour. i had the money but no ride :fur:
[quote="IFryKids"]I bet you were drunk on maple syrup and powdered donuts, you sloppy piece of shit.[/quote]
[quote="DBS"]shut the fuck up you greasy disaster.[/quote]
Aretnap
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Aretnap »

all pantera shows

the haunted in stockholm sometime

the unholy alliance 2 tour
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

Aretnap wrote:the unholy alliance 2 tour
You didn't miss much.
[quote="trendkiller"]I could lie and say I was downloading a crack for a game or it was a random virus but no, I was trying to watch a horse have sex with a woman.[/quote]
[quote="Neon Doll"]if u wasnt a virgin, you knoe hoe yo sndewrt yhid[/quote]
mo0sE
Lynch Mob

Post by mo0sE »

weonlywonfiveone wrote:Biggest regret, either not going to Download fest. 2004 to see Dimebag's last UK performance, or missing Meshuggah at Download 2005 when I did go down. Fucked up the times and thought I had already missed them, so watched Anthrax instead. Could of been alot worse, but still very :tdown:
saw both of them shows, good times :tup:
although i remember seeing the whole of meshuggah and (i think) all of anthrax so i think you doubley fucked up the times
Lager wrote:
Aretnap wrote:the unholy alliance 2 tour
You didn't miss much.
was the 2nd unholy the latest with lamb of god, children of bodom etc, it was pretty good :tup:
If you're reading this, you're stupid
Psycho Gangster
Lynch Mob

Post by Psycho Gangster »

Sublime, Nirvana, AIC..... the bands that broke up right before or around the time I got into rock.

Also Good Charlotte when they were first coming up in 2000 and played here in their home state for the first time since they got signed. I never did see them until last year.
Give me a reason, 'cause I got nothing to gain/so what am I doing now?
Feeling complacent, I cannot be contained/I'm so lost and lonely now
Dirty Sanchez
Waiter

Post by Dirty Sanchez »

Cheyenne fucking Buffet wrote:and of course Bloodshot in the early 20s.
<THe_FeAR> wrote:I'm upset you missed it too. There's a chance you could have been killed.
:lol:

for me -

megadeth in 2001
opeth in 2003 - friend asked me if i wanted to go, i said no cause i wasnt really into em at the time...wish i had. but ive seen em twice, so its cool
metallica in 2004 - me and my friend had our tickets, but our boss said if we both went, we were fired, so i had to stay :lol: saw em later in the year...and the tickets were better

im sure theres others i cant remember, but those are the main ones
DFG-Bert joined the zoo, Rob is in suspended animation, Tim rejoined Hatred, Greg got hit by a train, and Mike is still staring at the screen going WTF?

vulgarstrength - i want a bed that destroys faggots

http://www.lospendejos.com/
mo0sE
Lynch Mob

Post by mo0sE »

Dirty Sanchez wrote: metallica in 2004 - me and my friend had our tickets, but our boss said if we both went, we were fired, so i had to stay :lol: saw em later in the year...and the tickets were better
you should of glassed your boss with your sippy cup!
If you're reading this, you're stupid
P.S.T. '88'
Creampuff

Post by P.S.T. '88' »

Children Of Bodom 4/1/06, OKC
metaljess
firemuff

Post by metaljess »

Cannibal Corpse, Napalm Death, Kataklysm, Vader and Goatwhore back in November of 2004 at Harpo's in Detroit. I sooo wanted to go. I remember saying I'd walk my happy ass there if I had to. Instead, I was walking my "not" very happy ass around work. :tdown:
Brandon
filthy degenerate

Post by Brandon »

metaljess wrote:Cannibal Corpse, Napalm Death, Kataklysm, Vader and Goatwhore back in November of 2004 at Harpo's in Detroit. I sooo wanted to go. I remember saying I'd walk my happy ass there if I had to. Instead, I was walking my "not" very happy ass around work. :tdown:
you probably wouldve been raped by niggars walking there!
rObsessed!
RU555?
Far Beyond Driven

Post by RU555? »

Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Alice in Chains in their prime. Mad Season, Metallica (Kill 'Em All/Ride the Lightning era). Yep.
"With Pantera, you know it's always going to be about the riff, the riff, the riff, you know?" - REX
NymphetaBorgir666
Creampuff

Post by NymphetaBorgir666 »

Ozzfest 2004 :( cuz Dimmu Borgir was there & they're My favorite band! Also cuz Superjoint Ritual was there, Lacuna Coil, Slayer, etc.. To me Ozzfest 2004 had the best line-up ever! :D
Brandon
filthy degenerate

Post by Brandon »

NymphetaBorgir666 wrote:Ozzfest 2004 :( cuz Dimmu Borgir was there & they're My favorite band! Also cuz Superjoint Ritual was there, Lacuna Coil, Slayer, etc.. To me Ozzfest 2004 had the best line-up ever! :D
that show was the biggest disappointment ever. largely because the venue was too big. hatebreed and even slipknot sounded good on the 2nd stage. i missed lamb of god and lacuna coil but later saw both bands at a better venue.

SJR and dimmu borgir played 4 songs each, you couldnt hear or see shit. slayer and judas priest are better seen in a large arena or club. it was lame.

best lineup, worst venue sums up ozzfest 2004.
rObsessed!
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

RU555? wrote:Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Alice in Chains in their prime. Mad Season, Metallica (Kill 'Em All/Ride the Lightning era). Yep.
The discussion is concerts you could have gone to but didn't, genius.
[quote="trendkiller"]I could lie and say I was downloading a crack for a game or it was a random virus but no, I was trying to watch a horse have sex with a woman.[/quote]
buck satan
Baldy

Post by buck satan »

Lager wrote:
RU555? wrote:Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Alice in Chains in their prime. Mad Season, Metallica (Kill 'Em All/Ride the Lightning era). Yep.
maybe he's old
Robert M ByrdFinally passed a math class after 8 tries in a 14 year period of going to college off and on.
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

buck satan wrote:
Lager wrote:
maybe he's old
Yeah right :lol:
metaljess
firemuff

Post by metaljess »

Brandon wrote:
metaljess wrote:Cannibal Corpse, Napalm Death, Kataklysm, Vader and Goatwhore back in November of 2004 at Harpo's in Detroit. I sooo wanted to go. I remember saying I'd walk my happy ass there if I had to. Instead, I was walking my "not" very happy ass around work. :tdown:
you probably wouldve been raped by niggars walking there!
Probably. :lol: Really it was too far away to walk to anyway.:(
WarMouthSS-32112
Creampuff

Post by WarMouthSS-32112 »

I dont regret missing anything because i usally see the shows i want to go to but i do wish i was old enough in the 90's to see pantera live or i wish they were togehter now and nothing fucked up
Whats wrong with there mind WHATS WRONG WITH YOU MIND

ITS TIME TO RISE
WarMouthSS-32112
Creampuff

Post by WarMouthSS-32112 »

The good bands that dont come to the us
Whats wrong with there mind WHATS WRONG WITH YOU MIND

ITS TIME TO RISE
Browns Town
CONSPIRACY

Post by Browns Town »

Down on the Nola tour in Cleveland, Odeon. I think Body Count opened. :lol: :aargh:
I am a hostile heterosexual male who is very pissed off.
Eibon
Umeå Hardcore

Post by Eibon »

Pantera 2000: played on my 20th birthday, didn't go because i figured i'd stay home and party with friends. got a ticket for 'em 2001 and was extremely excited. planes crashed into building, they pussed out, dimebag died and i regret not going every day.
som en grop fylld av blinda hundar som äter sin egen avföring. en avgrund där stanken är så tät att man inte kan andas.
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

Browns Town wrote:Down on the Nola tour
[quote="Buddy"]alfie you have to believe me![/quote]