Schaller floyd rose?

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Wrona
Mouth For War

Schaller floyd rose?

Post by Wrona »

I was just looking on ebay for a Schaller and came across this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Schaller-Floyd-Rose ... dZViewItem

Is this a true schaller or is it a knockoff? Are these cheaper trems i see on ebay any good? I know Sheldon/Outlaw bought one for 40 bucks and installed it on a hondo rhoads. If he liked it or not i have no clue.
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

I remember reasing good things about schaller on this site. I need a replacement for the bridge on my dime, i might get one of these as they're so cheap.
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

anything that says "style" or "licensed" is a cheap knock off. hell, even the jackson licensed floyd rose i had on my jackson wouldnt stay in tune without a tremsetter
Brandon
filthy degenerate

Post by Brandon »

Dawdy wrote:anything that says "style" or "licensed" is a cheap knock off. hell, even the jackson licensed floyd rose i had on my jackson wouldnt stay in tune without a tremsetter
post pics of your weiner, kid.
rObsessed!
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Dawdy wrote:anything that says "style" or "licensed" is a cheap knock off. hell, even the jackson licensed floyd rose i had on my jackson wouldnt stay in tune without a tremsetter
Uh. No.

Schaller make the orignal floyd rose too. They also make their own "licensed" version which I preffer (and own) because it has the advantage of replaceable hardened steel knife edges.

I have a chrome Schaller floyd and its the best I've played.

And that looks like a real one. It has the same style knife edges as mine , but I would ask the guy if he has a closeup picture of the Schaller logo to be sure.
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
Ben
fuckyeah

Post by Ben »

taken from the Floyd Rose wiki

Floyd Rose Licensed are made by other manufacturers that have purchased a license from Floyd Rose. These model generally follow the designs of the Floyd Rose Original, but tend to deviate slightly from the original for the manufacturing process to be more cost-efficient. Most licensed companies use the same design that makes their parts inter-changeable between any two licensed tremolos, but not the Floyd Rose Original. The bridges of such systems are clearly engraved "Licensed under Floyd Rose Patents" and Floyd Rose does not offer any customer support for them. Construction quality of Floyd Rose Licensed tremolos may be compromised due to the cost-efficient techniques, but the reliability of licensed models that match the price of originals are usually high, whereas cheaper variations are often of lower quality as they would have used cheaper manufacturing processes. Two well-known manufacturers of Floyd Rose Licensed tremolos are Schaller and Gotoh. The Ibanez Edge tremolo is widely considered to be the best licensed variation, and many even consider it equal or better than the Original Floyd Rose.

:)
http://www.burialwithin.com

[quote="goshuaspenis"]if 90% of all women in pubs are fugly, WHY DO YOU THINK THE WHOLE FUCKING NATION IS KNOWN AS ONE MASSIVE ALCOHOLIC KNOWN AS TEXECUTIONER THE ELECTROTESTICULAR[/quote]
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

easy fella's, i was just saying you have to be careful what you buy on ebay. the original link is not a real Schaller. There's no Schaller logo on it, its just blank. The description says Schaller Floyd Rose style. They try and trick you into thinking it is one. The seller will defend themselves by saying "its like a Schaller floyd rose". Its happened to me before. Thought i was getting a real Floyd Rose and it was just a cheap knock off. Contacted the seller and he said he doesnt know anything about guitars, and just went by a picture he googled.

And you will never get a Schaller floyd rose for 40 bucks new.
check them out here: http://www.warmoth.com/hardware/bridges ... d_schaller
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

I cant believe a hunk of machined metal is so expensive. I guess i'll save up for a real schaller. I'll be repainting my dean v tomorrow morning and i'll just route it out later.
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

I paid about £70 for my schaller used which is decent for here. Keep an eye open for schallers which from 80's guitars like Hamers that have been removed, they're slightly cheaper and the exact same other than an additional logo (Hamer) on the other side.
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]