NEW bands that have the similar Pantera sound....

Talk about anything Pantera related....
farbeyondrnk718
Vulgar Bastard

Post by farbeyondrnk718 »

oops, didnt know i double posted sorry
walking_ash
Lynch Mob

Post by walking_ash »

It's about everyone, including myself. This particular thread is cursed. I noticed I get an error everytime I post something here.

[Edit] See, you thought I was bullshitting

posting.php

Code: Select all

Ran into problems sending Mail. Response: 452 too many recipients with no from address, send more in a second session 

DEBUG MODE

Line : 164
File : smtp.php
Getcha Hate!
Pantera-Trendkiller
Creampuff

Post by Pantera-Trendkiller »

Nearly every modern hard rock/metal band has stolen a Pantera riff or five, rapped over the top of it and mixed it in with some form of electronics, basically shitting upon the morals of the band they stole it from.

but for those bands who really strike an obvious similarity, I can name Band names and Tracks

Exhorder - Slaughter in the vatican sounds more of a Slayer or a Sepultura Beneath The remains Era rip than anything, but the Law sounds like CFH. in my opinion Pantera we're their inspiration. not the other way around. (yes i've heard the exhorder demos, wheres the groove?)

Lamb of God - Sacrament is a definate descendant if not long lost brother of Far beyond Driven, the subject matter is the same, anti faith, drugs, girls, heresy. the track Redneck bares similar traits to IM BROKEN.

Chimaira - Impossibility of reason was half groove half nu metal. but the track FUCK YOUR POWER TRIP could have been taken from Vulgar display of power. Their self titled album (2005) also sounds like VDOP

Machine Head - you can tell these guys tried to mimick vulgar era pantera with their burn my eyes album. even the tough guy attitude, too bad they went nu metal in about 96. Thru the Ashes of empires was a good sounding album, they returned to their groove metal roots.

man thats it, im too fuckin drunk to post nemore shit, you all prolly know it already.
MOUTH FOR WAR!!
Pantera-Trendkiller
Creampuff

Post by Pantera-Trendkiller »

LOG
MACHINEHEAD (94/03 era)
CHIMAIRA (Impossibilty and onwards)

thats all i can think of
MOUTH FOR WAR!!
dimebagrip04
Creampuff

Post by dimebagrip04 »

A PERFECT MURDER strength thruogh vengance its sounds simualar to pantera some of the riffs and screams are like pantera but there will be never onther pantera
mkfan1990
Cowboy From Hell

Re: NEW bands that have the similar Pantera sound....

Post by mkfan1990 »

JCoxxx33 wrote:There will never be another Pantera....

But, are there any new bands that you find yourself listening to in order to fill the void?

Basically, I'm frantically searching for new bands that kick as much as as Pantera did, but am coming up short.....
you're fightin a losing battle man. there is nobody even close
lucyp
Creampuff

Is your band influenced by Pantera?

Post by lucyp »

Hi there,

I'm writing from a production company in the UK and we are making a DVD documentary about Pantera, mainly for the UK fans.

I'm interested to interview bands (ideally based in Texas) that have been majorly influenced by Pantera- their legacy is a really important part of the film.

I'm coming over to Texas next week so if anyone is based over there and would like to hook up for a chat, let me know.

Thanks,

Lucy
lucy.purdon@focal-point.co.uk
Brandon
filthy degenerate

Post by Brandon »

pantera knock-off bands suck. like limp bizkit.
rObsessed!
M0oN
I fucked Buffy

Post by M0oN »

It's a little late but the best thrash album to come out in some years is Exodus - Shovel Head Kill Machine
Practice safe sex, go fuck yourself.

[quote="Bren"]DONT EVER STOP POSTING HERE OK[/quote]
Brandon
filthy degenerate

Post by Brandon »

M0oN wrote:It's a little late but the best thrash album to come out in some years is Exodus - Shovel Head Kill Machine
that album was OK
rObsessed!
mr.schneebly's_friend
Creampuff

Post by mr.schneebly's_friend »

i don't know why, but after i started to listen Pantera, i got like Fear Factory. Hell, they rocks! They have a great ideas in their songs. But anyway Pantera STRONGER THAN ALL!!
I search for mr.schneebly from USA, from www.DarkLyrics.com. He is my good friend. If anyone knows him, please contact me! Man, I very miss you!....
M0oN
I fucked Buffy

Post by M0oN »

There's a band called Brick Bath that are the closest thing to Pantera I've ever heard.

http://www.myspace.com/brickbath

Other then that good luck, listening to them alone should tell you why most people don't imitate Dimebag's style.
Practice safe sex, go fuck yourself.

[quote="Bren"]DONT EVER STOP POSTING HERE OK[/quote]
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

M0oN wrote:There's a band called Brick Bath that are the closest thing to Pantera I've ever heard.

http://www.myspace.com/brickbath

Other then that good luck, listening to them alone should tell you why most people don't imitate Dimebag's style.
Those are some great vocals. :lol:
[quote="seriousheavymetaller"]Yes, I'm currently finishing my Master's degree in Creative Writing. :tup: [/quote]
WarMouthSS-32112
Creampuff

Post by WarMouthSS-32112 »

Ax7

WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
WHAT?!!!!!!!
Whats wrong with there mind WHATS WRONG WITH YOU MIND

ITS TIME TO RISE
damutt_1999
Creampuff

Post by damutt_1999 »

Pantera created the 'power metal sound' that they became famous for, so in all honesty, trying to find someone who sounds like them is a joke....haven't found anything close myself.........
*these scars on my wrist proves I'll try it again...try to die again* - Suicide note pt. 1
the_clansman
I will fuck you up

Post by the_clansman »

damutt_1999 wrote:Pantera created the 'power metal sound' that they became famous for, so in all honesty, trying to find someone who sounds like them is a joke....haven't found anything close myself.........
Someone bake this genius a hero cookie.
[quote="Mitch"]People say "Man, you don't know how hard it is to quit cigarettes." Yes I do. It's as hard as it is to start flossing:[/quote]
[quote="Neon Doll"]all vulvas are beautiful! and if they ain't, smash her back door in.[/quote]
Raw
Creampuff

Post by Raw »

buckeye wrote:be yourself by yourself stay away from me. every band now sucks . get drunk and go to ozzfest. and listen to country. metal nowadays is as worthwhile as rap :tup:
thats the smartest thing i've heard all day.
[img]http://i14.tinypic.com/5236qzc.jpg[/img]
morgbite
Lost

Post by morgbite »

Raw wrote:
buckeye wrote:be yourself by yourself stay away from me. every band now sucks . get drunk and go to ozzfest. and listen to country. metal nowadays is as worthwhile as rap :tup:
thats the smartest thing i've heard all day.
Get the pic out of your sig.
Ozzfest is probably the worst 'metal' festival ever.
Once more unto the breech dear friends, for England,Harry and St George!
I'M A FUCKING FAGGOT! NICE COCK DUDE!
purelegend1
Creampuff

Try...

Post by purelegend1 »

Severity for a good band, pantera kicks ass but these guys r pretty good, u can find them on myspace, just search for: Severity
oooiwsugdo
Far Beyond Driven

Post by oooiwsugdo »

i bet they sound like me severing ur mums anoos with a rusty penis
BFK
DimeBag4God
Creampuff

Dope

Post by DimeBag4God »

Pantera is one of a kind. But there is a band called Dope, and they are pretty close.
TO LIVE METAL, IS TO DIE METAL
buck satan
Baldy

Re: Dope

Post by buck satan »

DimeBag4God wrote:Pantera is one of a kind. But there is a band called Dope, and they are pretty close.
you fucking faggot :roll:
Robert M ByrdFinally passed a math class after 8 tries in a 14 year period of going to college off and on.
p u k e
Lynch Mob

Post by p u k e »

Pantera-Trendkiller wrote:Nearly every modern hard rock/metal band has stolen a Pantera riff or five, rapped over the top of it and mixed it in with some form of electronics, basically shitting upon the morals of the band they stole it from.

but for those bands who really strike an obvious similarity, I can name Band names and Tracks

Exhorder - Slaughter in the vatican sounds more of a Slayer or a Sepultura Beneath The remains Era rip than anything, but the Law sounds like CFH. in my opinion Pantera we're their inspiration. not the other way around. (yes i've heard the exhorder demos, wheres the groove?)

Lamb of God - Sacrament is a definate descendant if not long lost brother of Far beyond Driven, the subject matter is the same, anti faith, drugs, girls, heresy. the track Redneck bares similar traits to IM BROKEN.

Chimaira - Impossibility of reason was half groove half nu metal. but the track FUCK YOUR POWER TRIP could have been taken from Vulgar display of power. Their self titled album (2005) also sounds like VDOP

Machine Head - you can tell these guys tried to mimick vulgar era pantera with their burn my eyes album. even the tough guy attitude, too bad they went nu metal in about 96. Thru the Ashes of empires was a good sounding album, they returned to their groove metal roots.

man thats it, im too fuckin drunk to post nemore shit, you all prolly know it already.
You're also too fucking stupid
MindsetOfAnnihilation
Far Beyond Driven

Post by MindsetOfAnnihilation »

KC-04 wrote:Ax7

shit is weak
railroad700
Creampuff

Post by railroad700 »

Throwdown & Betzefer. Aint talkin bout copyin PanterA no matter what, but getin closer to groove metal lines that makes PanterA one of a kind.
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

where are the other 699 railroads?
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:I am the fucking anti-christ and you will bow down to me.
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

railroad700 wrote:Throwdown
:roll:
[quote="trendkiller"]I could lie and say I was downloading a crack for a game or it was a random virus but no, I was trying to watch a horse have sex with a woman.[/quote]
[quote="Neon Doll"]if u wasnt a virgin, you knoe hoe yo sndewrt yhid[/quote]
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

no bands sound like pantera. even Weakarm Plan and Heckno don't sound like Pantera. There will never be another band that sounds anything like Pantera and let's fucking keep it that way :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu:
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
SkullFvck
Far Beyond Driven

Re: NEW bands that have the similar Pantera sound....

Post by SkullFvck »

Aeon wrote:
JCoxxx33 wrote:There will never be another Pantera....

But, are there any new bands that you find yourself listening to in order to fill the void?

Basically, I'm frantically searching for new bands that kick as much as as Pantera did, but am coming up short.....
Just listen to Pantera and STFU.
qft
railroad700
Creampuff

Post by railroad700 »

Bren wrote:where are the other 699 railroads?
basicaly, they are 999 railroads, and I choose to be the 700. so maybe you wanna know where are the other 998 railroads - an answer that could not come from me. maybe the master of railroads could make it clear.
PantEric
Creampuff

Post by PantEric »

:lol:
-Shattered-
Creampuff

Post by -Shattered- »

There's no one like Pantera.
:fur:
Southern Trend kill69
Creampuff

Post by Southern Trend kill69 »

yo me the band through the eyes of the dead, not the old albums their latest. and this new band i found Rebirth the sing is total phil but the musix is a little more melodic.
look em' up
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

Southern Trend kill69 wrote:yo me the band through the eyes of the dead, not the old albums their latest. and this new band i found Rebirth the sing is total phil but the musix is a little more melodic.
look em' up
he sounds nothing like phil you deaf dumb fuck. listen to his older band they're better. you fucking pansy bitch i'll blow your fuckin house up
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
Southern Trend kill69
Creampuff

Post by Southern Trend kill69 »

ThrowDown(band)today is the most sounding pantera band i urge you all to chek em' out there really worth a listen esprcialy the song "holy roller"
they're new album just came out. and i luv em'
tokin20deuce
I will fuck you up

Post by tokin20deuce »

if you want to hear a band that sounds like Pantera then just listen to fucking Pantera. Why buy generic when the name brand is the same price? :no:
The fish who keeps on swimmin is the first to chill upstream
rachelfromhell
Creampuff

Post by rachelfromhell »

i asked my boyfriend today if he knew of any bands similar to pantera. he said no. pantera is the greatest thing metal will ever get.
peace signs, protest lines; mean nothing to me.
The Fear
Obsessed

Post by The Fear »

rachelfromhell wrote:i asked my boyfriend today if he knew of any bands similar to pantera. he said no
Please, tell us more...
down ass chic wrote:takes one to noone SLUT!
Lazyfoot
Mouth For War
Location: Information Sorry, but only can reply to posts in this forum.

Post by Lazyfoot »

rachelfromhell wrote: pantera is the greatest thing metal will ever get.
Hey cool :tup: I bet you're cute :) pix please thanx
UR GIRLFRIEND LOOKS LIKE SHE WASHES HER FACE EVERY NIGHT WITH A BEAR TRAP.

[quote="slay"]damn kids with their wheely boards making racket.[/quote]

[quote="Edna Bodine"]
Go away naked into an industrial fan[/quote]
Alessandrobr
Cowboy From Hell

Post by Alessandrobr »

Hellyeah -Waging War

dude, this songs sounds a bit like "PanterA - Strength Beyond strength"
:pimp: